Obama promotes fiscal restraint, big spending

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:42 pm
The headline reads, "Obama promotes fiscal restraint, big spending". Perhaps someone can explain to me how one can promote fiscal restraint while also promoting big spending. :dunno:

Obama to give more details of budget plan today - Yahoo! News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,076 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 10:16 pm
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62638 wrote:
The headline reads, "Obama promotes fiscal restraint, big spending". Perhaps someone can explain to me how one can promote fiscal restraint while also promoting big spending. :dunno:

Obama to give more details of budget plan today - Yahoo! News

Easy enough. Money's gonna have to be spent... there is absolutely no way around this. The fiscal restraint comes from not spending it like a pair of drunks on the town.

I can be a big spender and drop for a quarter million home, but still show restraint by not making a large portion of that money go towards an in-ground pool, jacuzzi and wraparound deck. Fiscal responsibility is equal parts 'how much you spend' and 'what you spend it on'.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 04:12 am
@Musky Hunter,
You act surprised. It's time for the libs to take their collective heads out of their arses and realize what they have elected. Tax, tax, tax - but carpool and keep your tires inflated to save gas. I have sold two of my properties and am planning my move to the Bahamas. It's my money, not yours. I earned it, not you.
briansol

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 04:36 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;62733 wrote:
It's my money, not yours. I earned it, not you.

Yup.

These next 4 years are going to be a nightmare I'm afraid.

Basically, if you slack around, you do ok.
If you work hard, you get owned.

Where's the motivation to work hard?
Musky Hunter

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 09:48 pm
@briansol,
briansol;62740 wrote:
Yup.

hmmm.. I might do alright after all. :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 10:24 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;62733 wrote:
You act surprised. It's time for the libs to take their collective heads out of their arses and realize what they have elected. Tax, tax, tax - but carpool and keep your tires inflated to save gas. I have sold two of my properties and am planning my move to the Bahamas. It's my money, not yours. I earned it, not you.

Bye. Be sure to pull the door shut on your way out.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 10:26 pm
@briansol,
briansol;62740 wrote:
Yup.

Do you honestly care about anything besides yourself? Honestly.
g-man

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 11:16 pm
@Sabz5150,
Working class people have up to 33% of their weekly earnings "taken" before they get their paychecks. Once they get those checks they pay 7-9 cents every time they spend one of their remaining dollars. If they happen to save some of that money and make a substantial purchase, they get to pay "property tax"............the list goes on and on as to how many avenues the government has to relieve us of our money.
They even have people on the payrolls who sit there devising more ways to get more of our money. "We" pay them to scheme on us. We have four sets of government, (city, county, state, and federal) each, conspiring how to get more. If you say anything about people scheming to take more and re-distribute it, you're selfish.

Sabz5150;62744 wrote:
Do you honestly care about anything besides yourself? Honestly.
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 11:36 pm
@g-man,
g-man;63264 wrote:
Working class people have up to 33% of their weekly earnings "taken" before they get their paychecks. Once they get those checks they pay 7-9 cents every time they spend one of their remaining dollars. If they happen to save some of that money and make a substantial purchase, they get to pay "property tax"............the list goes on and on as to how many avenues the government has to relieve us of our money.
They even have people on the payrolls who sit there devising more ways to get more of our money. "We" pay them to scheme on us. We have four sets of government, (city, county, state, and federal) each, conspiring how to get more. If you say anything about people scheming to take more and re-distribute it, you're selfish.

Those taxes pay for things you use every day. Roads, utilities, emergency services, our military, the list is rather extensive. Not to mention the upkeep... how often do you see road construction and people filling in potholes?

If you want to be in the club, you gotta pay dues.
0 Replies