Prize For Evolution Compettition Increased To 100,000 YTL!

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 04:23 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62677 wrote:
Unless the God who is also "all powerful" with the ability to be infallible and omniscient was so "all powerful" that the God could give up some of those abilities, in the short run, so as to allow free will to exist.

After all, one is not truly "all powerful" unless one can choose not to be something as well as to be it.

In essence, the age old question is answered: "Can God make a rock so large that God can not lift it?" and the answer is "Yes, and the name of the rock is 'free will'"

You did not respond to my statement. I was not asking of free will or the all-power paradox. If god's plan is perfect there is no need to change anything.
Musky Hunter

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 05:17 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62683 wrote:
You did not respond to my statement. I was not asking of free will or the all-power paradox. If god's plan is perfect there is no need to change anything.

God gave up absolute perfection in this existance or creation so that he may find beings who truly love God, which requires free will.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 10:15 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62685 wrote:
God gave up absolute perfection in this existance or creation so that he may find beings who truly love God, which requires free will.

so god does not have omniscience?
Musky Hunter

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 07:55 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62690 wrote:
so god does not have omniscience?

I believe that God can have omniscience but, being all powerful, can also choose not to have, or more correctly, not to use it.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 10:17 pm
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62664 wrote:
I don't know. I am not God.

So you don't have an answer? So you can't show that God was behind this "hack".

Science has an answer. One that does not require a deity and fits in perfectly with all observed evidence. No God is required to answer the question of Chromosome 2.

The trick to your argument is in the hacks and flaws in our bodies. Why does our optic nerve pass in front of our retina? This is a SEVERE "design" flaw and no competent engineer or designer would let it pass. They'd be canned on the spot. Same with wisdom teeth... a jaw too small for all the teeth to fit? What engineer worth half his salt would make a mistake like this? Why the need for the ability to make our hair stand on end? Why do we have that? What purpose does it serve?

How does an omnipotent being screw up that badly?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 04:30 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62694 wrote:
I believe that God can have omniscience but, being all powerful, can also choose not to have, or more correctly, not to use it.

If using omniscience would prevent problems in the future why wouldn't he use it?
Musky Hunter

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 08:05 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62708 wrote:
If using omniscience would prevent problems in the future why wouldn't he use it?

I believe that it would subvert the use of the free will that we need to freely choose to love God.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 08:56 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62717 wrote:
I believe that it would subvert the use of the free will that we need to freely choose to love God.

Is god's respect for our decisions more important than our own well-being? I would hope not, if such a being existed.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 05:32 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62661 wrote:
I think you know the answer to that.

Exactly. A house must be built on a solid foundation. Without that, the entire thing crumbles. Science cannot be used to reach a conclusion that is not scientific. It's all or none.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 10:30 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;62746 wrote:
Science cannot be used to reach a conclusion that is not scientific. It's all or none.

The role of science is neutral in regards to the divine/spiritual, at least until there are claims of the supernatural affecting the physical then science can disprove those claims. Otherwise we are left to admit that the divine is an unlikely possibility, for us this means something, but for someone who prides themselves on believing things that are difficult to believe it doesn't mean much.
Musky Hunter

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 05:03 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62747 wrote:
The role of science is neutral in regards to the divine/spiritual, at least until there are claims of the supernatural affecting the physical then science can disprove those claims. Otherwise we are left to admit that the divine is an unlikely possibility, for us this means something, but for someone who prides themselves on believing things that are difficult to believe it doesn't mean much.

Did I just see you admit that the divine is a possibility?
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 09:05 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62747 wrote:

Therefore anything regarding a deity, in any form or fashion, is not scientific. I'm left to admit nothing. There is no reason to take any sort of supernatural being into consideration because there never will be scientific evidence to validate their existence because the very nature of the being prohibits it.

Since no evidence can be brought to light to show the direct existence of a deity, and there are no tests or validations that can be done, there is no reason to entertain the idea of the existence of a deity or god.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:13 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;62758 wrote:
Therefore anything regarding a deity, in any form or fashion, is not scientific. I'm left to admit nothing. There is no reason to take any sort of supernatural being into consideration because there never will be scientific evidence to validate their existence because the very nature of the being prohibits it.

Since no evidence can be brought to light to show the direct existence of a deity, and there are no tests or validations that can be done, there is no reason to entertain the idea of the existence of a deity or god.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think science should even acknowledge such things as the divine because it is out of the realm of science. What I am saying is that whether or not a deity guided evolution is not a question that science can or even should ask.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:14 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62753 wrote:
Did I just see you admit that the divine is a possibility?

Everything is possible.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:24 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62766 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't think science should even acknowledge such things as the divine because it is out of the realm of science. What I am saying is that whether or not a deity guided evolution is not a question that science can or even should ask.

Science never tries to ask that question... again the nature of a deity prohibits it. This is why science does not acknowledge a deity. Which brings us back to my statement that theistic evolution is scientifically vacuous. No matter how much you try to wedge science into a theistic view, the fact that you are attempting to root this with a deity makes the entire thing crumble. You can't say "We're gonna science it all the way, but once we get here, we let the train jump its tracks". It doesn't work that way.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 04:57 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;62769 wrote:
Science never tries to ask that question... again the nature of a deity prohibits it. This is why science does not acknowledge a deity. Which brings us back to my statement that theistic evolution is scientifically vacuous. No matter how much you try to wedge science into a theistic view, the fact that you are attempting to root this with a deity makes the entire thing crumble. You can't say "We're gonna science it all the way, but once we get here, we let the train jump its tracks". It doesn't work that way.

Oh, trust me I know. People are gonna believe what they want to believe, but I'd rather have musty Hunter believe in theistic evolution than creationism.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 05:23 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62790 wrote:
Oh, trust me I know. People are gonna believe what they want to believe, but I'd rather have musty Hunter believe in theistic evolution than creationism.

Gotta walk before you run I suppose Smile
0 Replies