Whether we can talk with God directly

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:15 pm

A devotee asked a question about the possibility of talking with God directly. He should investigate the human incarnation at present and can talk directly. The procedure to identify the human incarnation based on the scriptures is extensively explained by Me EDIT:MODERATOR: LINK REMOVED One has to identify the present human incarnation using that procedure, in which the inseparable characteristics of God in the human incarnation are well explained. God is coming in human form in every human generation. If He had come only in a particular human generation God becomes partial to that generation only. God wants to talk with His devotees to please them by clearing all their doubts. This is the main purpose of the human incarnation of God. If you don't believe the human incarnation you need not approach the human incarnation.

But there is a devotee like Jyothi, who is very much anxious to talk with God. You can neither object her nor the God to take the human form. You carry on your representative worship. She is not objecting you. If you don't want to purchase the original diamonds do not purchase. But you should not object a person who wants to purchase the original diamond. Thus God provided both the ways separately. You purchase the artificial diamonds and let somebody purchases the original diamond. Those who want to pray God without talking with God, let them have the representative worship having formless God or statues. Those who want to pray, talk and worship the living God, let them have the human incarnation. You should not object the desire of other devotee and also the God who is capable to fulfill the desire of that devotee.

EDIT: MODERATOR: REMOVED NONPRINTING CHARACTER
EDIT: MODERATOR: LINK REMOVED
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 863 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:54 pm
@dattaswami cv,
Have you seen the movie DOGMA? In the movie one of the angels tell a woman that if god were to talk to her directly god's voice would kill her, so every time god talks to man it is actually an angel interpreter speaking the words to men.

Interesting concept i thought.
dattaswami cv

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:44 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60622 wrote:
Have you seen the movie DOGMA? In the movie one of the angels tell a woman that if god were to talk to her directly god's voice would kill her, so every time god talks to man it is actually an angel interpreter speaking the words to men.

Interesting concept i thought.

Yes in the absolute plane only God exists. For Him this creation is only a relative plane. This creation is His imagination or dream only. But such God enters into His imagination in human form to give His presence to us. When there is a natural way of speaking to His devotees He adopts this. If He speaks from Heaven tension and fear will be created and no body will listen the divine message. Thus for the benifit of His devotees He comes in human form so that we can see Him, touch Him, co-live with Him clear all our doubts.
marcus cv

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:48 pm
@dattaswami cv,
Quote:
if god were to talk to her directly god's voice would kill her, so every time god talks to man it is actually an angel interpreter speaking the words to men

I think it's referring to seeing God, that's what God told Moses that He will die if He sees God. (Exodus 33)
But it's different when it comes to hearing God's voice, the book of Malachi was written as " The word of the LORD to Israel through Malachi.", and there are other many passages suggest that God spoke in the Old Testament directly to people. In the New Testament there are even more passages of God's communicating with people.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:45 am
@marcus cv,
marcus;61748 wrote:
I think it's referring to seeing God, that's what God told Moses that He will die if He sees God. (Exodus 33)
But it's different when it comes to hearing God's voice, the book of Malachi was written as " The word of the LORD to Israel through Malachi.", and there are other many passages suggest that God spoke in the Old Testament directly to people. In the New Testament there are even more passages of God's communicating with people.

But is it verbal communication?
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 01:29 pm
@dattaswami cv,
dattaswami;60609 wrote:

A devotee asked a question about the possibility of talking with God directly. He should investigate the human incarnation at present and can talk directly. The procedure to identify the human incarnation based on the scriptures is extensively explained by Me in several answers to the questions that are placed in the web-site (Universal Spirituality

I recall a time many years ago when I was coming home from working the 4 to12 shift. As I was traveling in my truck I was just praying and thanking God for my life when He suddenly spoke to me. I was right in the middle of a prayer when He said. "Your wife is going to have a child." Now I had a daughter, and I never really thought about having another child. Yet I just heard this voice. I respond, "but Lord, we really never thought about having another child." I then caught myself and quickly responded. "But Jesus, thankyou for the child you are sending us." I got home as quick as I could to tell my wife what God had just told me. Yet when I got there I discovered that my wife had already gone to bed. I recall leaning against are bedroom door and saying to myself. "My poor wife, she is pregnant and does not even know it." I then went to bed and thought I would tell her the good news in the morning. It was about three hours later when I heard my wife in the bathroom. She was sick and trying to throw up. As it turns out, she was pregnant. As time revealed, it was a boy. It was God that spoke to me that night. And He revealed to me something that neither I or my wife could of known. He is a God of wonder.
dattaswami cv

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:16 pm
@marcus cv,
marcus;61748 wrote:

Yes you will die if you see the original God. Because in the original absolute plane only God exits not world even you also.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:14 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;61810 wrote:
I recall a time many years ago when I was coming home from working the 4 to12 shift. As I was traveling in my truck I was just praying and thanking God for my life when He suddenly spoke to me. I was right in the middle of a prayer when He said. "Your wife is going to have a child." Now I had a daughter, and I never really thought about having another child. Yet I just heard this voice. I respond, "but Lord, we really never thought about having another child." I then caught myself and quickly responded. "But Jesus, thankyou for the child you are sending us." I got home as quick as I could to tell my wife what God had just told me. Yet when I got there I discovered that my wife had already gone to bed. I recall leaning against are bedroom door and saying to myself. "My poor wife, she is pregnant and does not even know it." I then went to bed and thought I would tell her the good news in the morning. It was about three hours later when I heard my wife in the bathroom. She was sick and trying to throw up. As it turns out, she was pregnant. As time revealed, it was a boy. It was God that spoke to me that night. And He revealed to me something that neither I or my wife could of known. He is a God of wonder.

Current biases affecting past memories....it is not uncommon.

There are about 6.5 billion people in the world yet god doesn't have anything better to do than act as a pregnancy notifier.
Campbell34

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 12:04 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61831 wrote:
Current biases affecting past memories....it is not uncommon.

There are about 6.5 billion people in the world yet god doesn't have anything better to do than act as a pregnancy notifier.

God speaks to people who love Him, and he ignores those who don't. And that is why over in the Middle East Islamics who are seeking to know the real God in truth, are reporting that Jesus is appearing to them in dreams and telling them to follow him.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 06:20 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;61834 wrote:
God speaks to people who love Him, and he ignores those who don't. And that is why over in the Middle East Islamics who are seeking to know the real God in truth, are reporting that Jesus is appearing to them in dreams and telling them to follow him.

The Jews didn't have such a benefit during the holocaust.
Campbell34

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 07:44 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61861 wrote:
The Jews didn't have such a benefit during the holocaust.

Well if you recall, it was the Jews who rejected Jesus. I accepted Him, and He was the one that spoke to me.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:57 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;61865 wrote:
Well if you recall, it was the Jews who rejected Jesus. I accepted Him, and He was the one that spoke to me.

God is a dick. Very Happy
Campbell34

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 02:44 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61871 wrote:
God is a dick. Very Happy

Well the day is coming when you will stand before Him. Perhaps you can tell that to Him on that day. Yet the Bible tells us, that on that day every knee will bend and every mouth will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Most of the World hates Christ, yet God is looking for the few that love Him. God came to this world to save the world. The world nailed Him to a cross. And if given the chance again, they would do it again. The real dicks are the ones who would oppose a God that loves them.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 07:39 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;61942 wrote:
Well the day is coming when you will stand before Him. Perhaps you can tell that to Him on that day. Yet the Bible tells us, that on that day every knee will bend and every mouth will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Most of the World hates Christ, yet God is looking for the few that love Him. God came to this world to save the world. The world nailed Him to a cross. And if given the chance again, they would do it again. The real dicks are the ones who would oppose a God that loves them.

You fantasizing again?
Campbell34

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2008 01:26 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61948 wrote:
You fantasizing again?

No, I'm just talking about prophecies that will come to pass in the future. Since the return of the Jews to Israel, and their retaking of Jerusalem has been fulfilled, and also the sealing of Jerusalems East Porch Gate, I feel confident that the rest of the prophecies will be fulfilled as stated in the Scriptures.
It really has nothing to do with fantasizing. It has more to do with seeing what is true, and a belief that the rest will follow.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 12:00 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;61956 wrote:
No, I'm just talking about prophecies that will come to pass in the future.

So that's a yes?
marcus cv

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 06:34 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Campbell34 thanks for sharing.
Jesus Christ is not someone you can be of disrespect. Why to be antagonistic about Him, except only if your own actions convince you. It will be a different time when He will not be a meek servant, but a powerful, almighty judge. That's the bottom line.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 02:29 am
@marcus cv,
marcus;62141 wrote:
Campbell34 thanks for sharing.
Jesus Christ is not someone you can be of disrespect. Why to be antagonistic about Him, except only if your own actions convince you. It will be a different time when He will not be a meek servant, but a powerful, almighty judge. That's the bottom line.

Jesus was a cool guy, it's his father that is the violent, apathetic, misogynistic, egocentric one.
0 Replies