Free Will?

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 04:18 pm
Free Will?

Q.) If everything is according to the will of the Lord, who is the overall controller, there is no independence for any human being in this world. In such case the human being should not receive the fruits of its actions. How do you justify this?

Ans) The Lord is controlling all the souls as per Veda 'Aatmeshwaram', which means that all the souls are ruled by the Lord. Gita also says the same 'Bhuthanaam Eeswarah'. But this does not mean that there is no independence for the soul. When the king rules the kingdom, all the people in that kingdom are independent in their activities, but they are within the rules of the king. Thus a short span of independence in the human life exists under the control and supervision of the Lord. A cat caught a rat by its jaws. It leaves the rat after a bite for a short span of time. In that span the rat gets independence and runs in any side as it likes. But the cat is watching the rat and catches it again whenever the rat is out of the limits of the supervision. Similarly the Lord called 'Kaala' (death) catches a human being and bites. The bite is the illness of the human being. The repeated diseases are the repeated bites of the 'Kaala' or the Lord. During the bite the rat looses completely its independence. Similarly any human being, which is attacked by the disease becomes a patient and looses its independence completely. The cat plays with the rat for sometime like this and finally swallowes the rat. Similarly, the human being is swallowed by the Lord at the end. The whole creation itself is like a rat for the cat like Lord, which is told in Brahmasutra 'Atta Charaachara Grahanaat'. Thus the short span of independence of human beings under the supervision of the overall controlling Lord, creates the full game and entertainment for the Lord. The entertainment is the basic reason of the creation by the Lord as said in Veda (Ekaaki Na Ramate) and as said in Brahmasutra (Lokavattu). Within the limits of the supervision of the cat, the rat will receive the result of the direction in which it runs.

In one direction there may be fire and the rat may receive the heat. In another direction there may be cold water and the rat will receive the coolness in that direction. The rat is independent to receive the result of the direction and has full independence to go in any direction. The final death of the rat shows that the rat is under the control of the cat during its choice of direction also, which is not interfered by the cat. Similarly the human life is with full of independence but the final end proves that the independence is under the control of the Lord. Yet, since there was no interference of the Lord during the human life, the human being receives the results according to its actions. Thus the 'whole game is perfectly justified in any angle'.

EDIT: MODERATOR: REMOVED NONPRINTING CHARACTER
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 699 • Replies: 2
No top replies

RED DEVIL cv

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 05:47 am
@dattaswami cv,
Free will is in fact demonstrated as a property of man in being made in the image of God in the fact the he (man) is free to CHOOSE between good and evil (Genesis 3:22), thus having the ability to direct his own fate, but lost the ability for immortality due to the fact of sinning in defying the direct edict of God NOT TO EAT OF THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL (Genesis 2:17). And it grieved God and repented Him in the fact that man had chosen to use this ability to choose evil over good (Genesis 6:5-6).

There is nothing in this physical universe that is predestined except that which God has PLANNED and brings to fulfillment at the proper time, a time of His choosing not mans. Even God does not have the ability to see into a nonexistent future that has yet to run its course, for indeed the future only exists in the imagination of man. The future is dictated by actions of a FREE FLOWING NATURE and the FREE WILL ACTIONS OF MAN, and is in a constant state of flux due to those variables. Thus, even the ALL POWERFUL can not and does not have the ability of "prognostication", but clearly explains in VIVID DETAIL just how He goes about dictating any future events.

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me. DECLARING (stating his plans) the end form the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet DONE (showing things to be done in the future), saying, MY COUNSEL SHALL STAND, AND I 'WILL DO' (indicating a future action) ALL MY PLEASURE (Will do what He wants when the time comes). Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I HAVE SPOKEN IT (declared it), I WILL BRING IT TO PASS; I HAVE PURPOSED IT (planned it), I WILL ALSO DO IT." -- Isaiah 46:8-11. Clearly as professed by God, the way that He dictates future events, HE PLANS IT, HE DECLARES IT, AND HE BRINGS IT ABOUT....AT A TIME OF HIS CHOOSING OR PLEASURE.

God does not look into a future that does not exist but plans what He wants the future to bring about...when He so chooses the time, and when the proper time of His choosing comes....He simply manipulates this physical world to bring what He has planned about. God is immortal, and All Powerful, and Omnipresent...but even God declares that He does not have absolute power over a future that has yet to unfold.

Logic dictates this to be true. For indeed how could God be grieved and repentant because He made man on the earth in the first place....IF HE KNEW WHAT THAT FUTURE WAS TO HOLD....He could not, simply because He did not know just how man was to use his gift of freewill. -- Genesis 6:6-5. And consider the fact that Jesus (professed in the scriptures as being equal with God, or God in the flesh) MARVELED at the faith demonstrated by the Roman Centurion, if He knew the future just how was he SURPRISED? -- Matthew 8:5-13.

The only place that the past, the present and the future run contingently and concurrently with one another is between the ears of man. As the only place that time demonstrates such ability is in the theories presented by man and brought to life in some Hollywood movie, for indeed the scriptures do not declare anywhere within their pages that time demonstrates such characteristics.

The idea that God thought of and planned every circumstance as related to man would lead one to conclude that God planned all the evil in the world as well, but the scriptures declare this is not so, and man uses his free will himself to choose between good and evil bringing about evil circumstances when he (man) so chooses evil over good, "And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:......" -- Genesis 3:22. Also, "Let no man say when he is tempted, 'I am tempted by God', for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He himself tempt anyone." -- James 1:13. (RD)
dattaswami cv

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:31 am
@RED DEVIL cv,
RED DEVIL;59109 wrote:
Free will is in fact demonstrated as a property of man in being made in the image of God in the fact th......m tempted by God', for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He himself tempt anyone." -- James 1:13. (RD)

Lord is substratum of the whole creation and hence forms base. Without Him creation cannot sustain. Lord created the universe for entertainment. He has given free will to all the human beings to do whatever they like. But, the results will follow the deeds. So, He is indirectly controlling, that is to say that enjoyment for good deeds and misery for bad deeds. Misery is to bring realisation only and not to repeat the same bad deed. Otherwise, He is not responsible for one's deeds.

Creation is in Lord but Lord is not the creation. But such a Lord can enter creation at the request of devotees who wants Him only and His service. He comes down to give four fortunes to His devotees (to talk, to touch, co-living and to serve).
0 Replies