The Five Languages of Love by Gary Chapman

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 01:15 am
Noting can separated me from the faith that I have in my lord Jesus Christ.
One day I went to smoke. I lightened the cigarette and enjoyed the fresh air.* This time my smoke was interrupted by my friend. Knowing that he can't stand a smoke I dropped the cigarette. My friend wanted to talk about different things including where dinosaurs are from, so we talked about everything and dinosaurs as well. He was not impressed with our conversation, of course he wouldn't I wouldn't give him any WORDS OF AFFIRMATIONS for his ideas, and as a result we didn't have a QUALITY TIME. But he was still wanted to be my friend, so I thought maybe our conversation will be better next time, so I give him a PERSONAL TOUCH by shaking his hand and telling him good bye. Yea, I thought, maybe I should be a better friend and give him a GIFT. No, that's have to wait at least until Christmas, what's the point in giving gifts, just an expense. Or, maybe I should do an ACT OF SERVICE and and help him with fixing his garage, that would make me a better friend. No, I thought lightning a new cigarette that would be way to much, who am I, a volunteer?
I thought, I'm filthy man with sins coming out of my ears, nose and mouth, am I not? The smoke of the cigarette gives me more than the relationship with my friend. But, I don't need to try to be a better friend without a change in me, because at least one good things about me, I'm not a liar.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 948 • Replies: 0
No top replies