Is the collapse of the dollar inevitable?

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 07:10 am
In my Critique of Mathematically Perfected Economyprivately controlled!Critique of Austrian Economicssustainable combinations of investment and consumption, but says nothing about what is so unsustainable about a credit expansion. Since he defines consumption on the PPF (which is real) to be the same as consumption on the Hayekian triangle (which is nominal), the unsustainability cannot Critique of Mathematically Perfected EconomyThe Debt Virus Theory is not worth a Continental!wascan be done. Contra Rothbard, hyperinflation is notCatch 22wantedpossibilityalleverything with an AAA rating is worthless crap. They still have lots of T-Bills and there is a market for at least someexactly I cannot tell you.

Source: Axiomatic Economics by Victor Aguilar: Gold Does Not Have Intrinsic Value

References

Garrison, Roger. 2001. Time and Money: The Macroeconomics of Capital Structure. New York, NY: Routledge

Rothbard, Murray N. [1962] 1970. Man, Economy and State. Los Angeles, CA: Nash Publishing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,161 • Replies: 1
No top replies

marcus cv

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 10:23 pm
@Onion Eater,
I think it inevitable. It would be the only way not to file a bankruptcy. 10 years ago I would sound not patriotic, but in nowadays it's well accepted.
0 Replies