• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 941 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Skye cv

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 07:16 am
@Joe Stalin,
Hey Joe - you stormed the ramparts! (is that the right expression??? ?)

Glad you made it - think you'll find some meaty substance around this place - not fifteen year old hysteria.

Welcome. You gonna start a golf topic with SoCalGolfGuy?
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:46 am
@Joe Stalin,
Welcome, Joe! A big golfer are ya? Let me know how familiar you are with SoCal golf - maybe I can get you on one of the better private club courses....
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 12:36 pm
@socalgolfguy,
Hey joe are you from Georgia ?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 02:50 pm
@Joe Stalin,
Welcome to CV Smile
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 05:49 pm
@Joe Stalin,
welcome Smile
0 Replies

Joe Stalin

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:31 am
@Joe Stalin,
Thank you all for the welcome. :thumbup:

I'm just a senile hacker Skye but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once or twice in San Leandro. Very Happy

SoCalGolfguy.
I played here a couple of weeks ago. Took some pix. The course was once named "Iron Mountain" but renamed :Eighteen Pastures" :eek:

Link

Scooby Do.
Nope I'm from sunny Surrey British Columbia.
But your question reminds me of one time I checked the telephone directories online to see if someone else was around who spelled their name exactly like me. None in Canada but found one in Atlanta Georgia. So I sent him a Christmas card just saying Merry Christmas from "me" to "me" or him in this case.

About 3 months later his wife wrote back that she was finally convinced it was not a joke by her husband and from what data bank did I get their name and address? I visited my brother in Bellville Texas a couple of years later so took her letter with me as a conversation piece mostly.

One night after a few beers we decided to phone them. Turned out they had recently visited relatives in Seeley. Thats about 10 miles from Bellville.
When I chatted with him he had also visited Langley BC, about 10 clicks (6 miles) from Sunny Surrey. Kinda odd that 2 dudes with the same name would be in Atlanta, Texas and BC a mere 3 metalwood and 9 iron apart, albeit not near the same timeframe.
I was in Atlanta on some company business with Delta airlines.

Exciting stuff wot? Very Happy
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 06:47 am
@Joe Stalin,
It explains your wanderlust Joe - you inherited it from your ancestors who were obviously on a mission to populate the new world.
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 08:14 am
@Joe Stalin,
Hey Joe, where you goin with that gun in your hand. LOL Welcome.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 11:00 am
@Joe Stalin,
I like this guy. He's got style.
0 Replies