Who kills the most people?

adam24

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:47 pm
DEATH BY GOVERNMENT: GENOCIDE AND MASS MURDER

So, did I hear someone saying something about religion being the biggest killer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 818 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 07:11 pm
@adam24,
If you will notice all of those "atheistic" countries were communist, so perhaps communism is the cause not atheism! Atheism doesn't cause someone to kill nor does it motivate someone to kill, as it doesn't have any message or doctrine that commands neither peace nor war. I could just as easily say the number of deaths caused by non-believers of thor would surely be astronomical. Furthermore the communist regimes were as dogmatic as any theocracy Stalin even had a god-like status among his personality cult.

You will find it entirely impossible to prove someone's non-belief caused them to kill!
adam24

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 08:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I already responded to that in the other thread where we are dicussing this fatal. But for the sake of anyone else that may read this thread Ill respond here too.

I am not saying that atheism is responsible for the most deaths, I am just PROVING that religoin is NOT responsible for the most deaths. It is a statistical fact that religous wars are not responsible for the most deaths. Argue that point all day long, but you cant change the numbers.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 03:20 pm
@adam24,
adam24;47689 wrote:
I already responded to that in the other thread where we are dicussing this fatal. But for the sake of anyone else that may read this thread Ill respond here too.

I am not saying that atheism is responsible for the most deaths, I am just PROVING that religoin is NOT responsible for the most deaths. It is a statistical fact that religous wars are not responsible for the most deaths. Argue that point all day long, but you cant change the numbers.

Really!? You say that religion is not responsible for the most deaths, then what is left but non-religion? Can you name a non-religion for me?
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 03:23 pm
@adam24,
adam24;47689 wrote:

Show me the numbers...
Numpty

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 04:01 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;47782 wrote:
Show me the numbers...

Indeed, 110,000,000, In the last 100 years due to Communism, I think we would have heard of this a little more. I may be wrong, and happy to be corrected with hard evidence and numbers.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:48 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;47780 wrote:
Really!? You say that religion is not responsible for the most deaths, then what is left but non-religion? Can you name a non-religion for me?

Hitler believed that Darwin was right. And Hitler believed that the natural process of Evolution was the survival of the fittest, So he started to kill of the Jews and the Gypsies. In the end many of the races would of been killed off. It was Hitlers belief to create a super race. All minorities need not apply?
It is believed that as many as 70 million people may have died during World War II. It was Evolution that help justfy in Hitlers mind the killing of millions to create his super race.

Sir Arthur Keith was a British anthropologist, an atheistic evolutionist and an anti-Nazi, but he drew this chilling conclusion:
"The German Fuhrer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has conscioulsy sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution."

You can't blame everything on religion.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:31 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;48370 wrote:
Hitler believed that Darwin was right. And Hitler believed that the natural process of Evolution was the survival of the fittest, So he started to kill of the Jews and the Gypsies. In the end many of the races would of been killed off. It was Hitlers belief to create a super race. All minorities need not apply?
It is believed that as many as 70 million people may have died during World War II. It was Evolution that help justfy in Hitlers mind the killing of millions to create his super race.

Sir Arthur Keith was a British anthropologist, an atheistic evolutionist and an anti-Nazi, but he drew this chilling conclusion:
"The German Fuhrer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has conscioulsy sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution."

You can't blame everything on religion.

yes, hitler believed in evolution but you cannot deny that theists believe in evolution as well as non-theists. Hitler was raised a catholic and often expressed great belief in god!
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 11:02 am
@adam24,
In the last century, You may be right, I will look for counter evidence, but over the known history religion kills more people.

You also have to count the suicides and the mass murders (not wars)
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 11:02 am
@adam24,
On both sides of the equation (communism and religion)
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 11:05 am
@adam24,
List of wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here is a fantastic link Yes I know it is Wiki... but like it or not folks wiki is the now
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 07:38 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;48461 wrote:
List of wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here is a fantastic link Yes I know it is Wiki... but like it or not folks wiki is the now

good luck adding the numbers, even the list of the types of wars is massive, imagine how large the total list is!
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 10:07 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48481 wrote:
good luck adding the numbers, even the list of the types of wars is massive, imagine how large the total list is!

I saw the link and said to myself "Self... just go ahead an concede that... there have been alot of deaths"
0 Replies