• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 10
No top replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 05:49 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Evolutionists have yet to create life from nothing. I suppose you are no different. Untill you can, all it takes is faith to believe huh?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 09:30 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55437 wrote:
Evolutionists have yet to create life from nothing. I suppose you are no different. Untill you can, all it takes is faith to believe huh?

Show me what part of evolution states something came from nothing!
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 05:06 am
@DiversityDriven,

Apparently so since the creationist belief is exactly that... something from nothing.

But again, the origins of life are not evolution's turf. The origins of life could be a plaid space eagle taking a sh*t on a hot rock and evolution wouldn't be altered at all.

Just because your "worldview" rests on a single (unprovable and unscientific BTW) fulcrum does not mean that everyone else's does.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 06:46 pm
@DiversityDriven,

And on the,...what ever day it was,...GOD created Man.

Something from nothing?

Faith?
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 05:58 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Was there evolution before life? We know you can claim that there was after life. Evolution cannot function without something to manipulate. Where did that, that is subject to evolution, come from? Where did evolution get it's first subject from? You science fundies should have at least a wild guess? Or is it you can't think past evolution? Blind me with some of that science you keep talking about?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 08:07 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57818 wrote:
Or is it you can't think past evolution? Blind me with some of that science you keep talking about?

Allow me to be the first to say:

[SIZE="5"]DUH[/SIZE]

Of course if we're talking about evolution we're not gonna wonder off onto other topics, why would you expect that we would?
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 05:11 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57818 wrote:
Was there evolution before life?

Plainly speaking, no. Evolution requires life to exist for it to take effect. More specific, evolution is a property of life. It is a basic mechanism of life and is only applicable to living organisms.

Quote:
We know you can claim that there was after life.

Correct. Evolution requires life to exist for it to take effect.

Quote:
Evolution cannot function without something to manipulate.

Correct. Again, evolution requires life to exist for it to take effect.

Quote:
Where did that, that is subject to evolution, come from?

Are you asking where life itself came from or where did the switches and dials come from? Life is theorized to have started when complex protein and amino acid chains were formed due to chemical reactions caused by the heat and radiation of both the Sun and Earth. Scientists theorize that life not only started in the water, it started in the ice. Ice gives an excellent ground for these chains to form, oddly enough.

Now, where did the bits that "are subject to evolution" come from? It's built in... it's very nature makes it subject to such a mechanism. If the instructions used to reproduce are imperfect or are altered, and the resulting lifeform survives, it's an evolutionary step. It could be good, bad or just benign.

Quote:
Where did evolution get it's first subject from?

When reproduction resulted in modified offspring.

Regardless of asexual or sexual reproduction, if the offspring's genetic code varies even the slightest from its parent, it's an evolutionary step. The environment supplies the rest.

Quote:
You science fundies should have at least a wild guess? Or is it you can't think past evolution?

What, do you want a specific lifeform? Good luck with that.

Quote:
Blind me with some of that science you keep talking about?

Well, thereya go.
Catroarb

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 01:26 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57842 wrote:
Plainly speaking, no. Evolution requires life to exist for it to take effect. More specific, evolution is a property of life. It is a basic mechanism of life and is only applicable to living organisms.

Correct. Evolution requires life to exist for it to take effect.

Correct. Again, evolution requires life to exist for it to take effect.

Are you asking where life itself came from or where did the switches and dials come from? Life is theorized to have started when complex protein and amino acid chains were formed due to chemical reactions caused by the heat and radiation of both the Sun and Earth. Scientists theorize that life not only started in the water, it started in the ice. Ice gives an excellent ground for these chains to form, oddly enough.

Now, where did the bits that "are subject to evolution" come from? It's built in... it's very nature makes it subject to such a mechanism. If the instructions used to reproduce are imperfect or are altered, and the resulting lifeform survives, it's an evolutionary step. It could be good, bad or just benign.

When reproduction resulted in modified offspring.

Regardless of asexual or sexual reproduction, if the offspring's genetic code varies even the slightest from its parent, it's an evolutionary step. The environment supplies the rest.

What, do you want a specific lifeform? Good luck with that.

Well, thereya go.

Well replied, but that is a theory that fell down long a go...

Problems with the Natural Chemical "Origin of Life" (updated)

I don't want to re-write what scientist have already ound for hundreds odf years so please go to the link.

in resume:

1st: you will have to asume that the big bang (an infinitesimal size of matter exploded and made everything) is right
2nd: asume that the universe 24 different fisical electromagnetic and others...laws fall in perfect harmony to create the earth in the way it is.
3rd you have to asume that the right chemicals were there which is already shown not to be the case as the website I quote says.
4th: there is a huge step from an aminoacid to a protein and to a DNA molecule,,,,,,chance....man this is real faith to think all this was chance HHEHEH!!!

Hope you read the link.

Cat
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:12 am
@Catroarb,
Catroarb;58588 wrote:

Well replied, but that is a theory that fell down long a go...

Problems with the Natural Chemical "Origin of Life" (updated)

I don't want to re-write what scientist have already ound for hundreds odf years so please go to the link.

in resume:

1st: you will have to asume that the big bang (an infinitesimal size of matter exploded and made everything) is right
2nd: asume that the universe 24 different fisical electromagnetic and others...laws fall in perfect harmony to create the earth in the way it is.
3rd you have to asume that the right chemicals were there which is already shown not to be the case as the website I quote says.
4th: there is a huge step from an aminoacid to a protein and to a DNA molecule,,,,,,chance....man this is real faith to think all this was chance HHEHEH!!!

Hope you read the link.

Cat

seriously? you're gonna give us some non-scientific biased website and act as if it's a legitimate source?

1. no actually you don't.

2. only if you believe in pre-destination, which fortunately i don't nor does sabz.

3. well the link you gave was a non-scientific source....it's worth peanuts. try this link

Abiogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. Ever hear of RNA?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:22 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
0 Replies