• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,846 • Replies: 24
No top replies

markx15

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 08:29 am
@NotHereForLong,
Well first of all you are wrong, not everyone here is ignorant on what they discuss. I know that from experience, because I for one have learned a lot from this website. Even so I include myself on the ignorant side, I truly know nothing about politics, and little about science, I can only claim to know something about religion, which I study extensively. Sometimes however people ask for your opinion, I will share mine even if it is only to be corrected. You are not completely wrong, because many come here trying to change minds to their opinion, but it is wrong to paint everyone with the same brush.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 08:31 am
@NotHereForLong,
Oh and I forgot, welcome!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 01:25 pm
@NotHereForLong,
NotHereForLong;45029 wrote:

I recommend you accept the fact people will always disagree and cling to their own ideas, stubbornly, regardless of what others say or demonstrate. You expect too much. People are what they are. That's life. I come here to blow off steam. I guess it's a bit cathartic, but then again I don't take it very seriously. Why do you really care what others here think, anyway?:thumbup:
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 04:18 pm
@NotHereForLong,
Quote:
I go on here out of boredom and to procrastinate, but I’m curious- is there anyone reading this who HASN’T made up their mind about evolution or some other issue that’s discussed on these boards, and if so, then what is it?

Another question- why do you guys come on here?
Nothere

I change my mind with every gust of wind...and l am here for amusement, l frequently amuse myself and cackle madly away...geesh, that doesn't sound to good, your daughter is right, okay l am on my way....just a few more senseless posts...and by the way the most amusing ones to me is when l make something completely up and people buy it...
NotHereForLong

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 04:33 pm
@Tulip cv,
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 04:41 pm
@NotHereForLong,
Quote:
Well, I figure that the two reasons to get into a debate are to learn something or to change someone’s opinion. Those are the reasons that make sense to me. It seems incredibly counterintuitive that someone would find it cathartic to argue with people who are intellectually dishonest, ignorant of the subject under discussion, and who will stick to their opinions and personal prejudices no matter what. Personally, I find it infuriating to get into an argument with that type of person.
Nothere

i totally disagree, you are sooo wrong, sooooooooooooooooowrong...it just isn't so, you are completely and utterly wrong...............now l will follow your daugthers sage advice, and go...
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 05:11 pm
@NotHereForLong,
Remember, this is a forum. nothing more. it's a place to interact, shoot the breeze, and talk about things that perhaps your friends/family aren't interested in talking about. It's nothing more than casual conversation.
Nothing that happens here is going to change the world.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 06:37 pm
@NotHereForLong,
For my self Brian just hit the nail on the head. I came here from another site Brian runs just so I could shoot the **** and discuss things that my friends/family do not find as interesting.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 09:51 pm
@NotHereForLong,
I come here to learn what other conflicting views of various topics might be, and to see for myself what others believe and talk about.
Only by knowing the views of others will I be able to confirm or change my own views.
Adam Bing

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 01:35 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;45106 wrote:
I come here to learn what other conflicting views of various topics might be, and to see for myself what others believe and talk about.
Only by knowing the views of others will I be able to confirm or change my own views.

Good answer.

There are at least two important things I learnt over last week by coming here.

Brian has done us all a service by opening this site.
Numpty

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 02:11 pm
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;45111 wrote:
Good answer.

There are at least two important things I learnt over last week by coming here.

Brian has done us all a service by opening this site.

Indeed, i have learnt a fair bit myself over the weeks i have been here. I use it as place to inreract and get a 'sense check' on what people are thinking at a particular time on a particulat topic.

We may not change the world from here, but we can help enlighten people to our ways of thinking and debate them in a constructive fashion.

I enjoy my time here, it's fun and also informative.

Regards
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:09 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;45145 wrote:
Indeed, i have learnt a fair bit myself over the weeks i have been here. I use it as place to inreract and get a 'sense check' on what people are thinking at a particular time on a particulat topic.

We may not change the world from here, but we can help enlighten people to our ways of thinking and debate them in a constructive fashion.

I enjoy my time here, it's fun and also informative.

Regards

I shall now hold forth, most boldly. I have learned the most from the following sages here at CV (listed in order of importance):
:headbang:
:no:
:peace:
:FU1:
Very Happy
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:11 pm
@NotHereForLong,

Hey.....haven't you been here long enough by now? Just curious.:cavt-126-asard::rant2::bunny:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:41 pm
@Pinochet73,
i personally come here for two reasons

1) entertainment, i get to express my views and it makes me feel better Smile

2) To get some insight into the reasons for opposing views/beliefs, it gives me greater understanding to know both sides
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:02 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45546 wrote:
i personally come here for two reasons

1) entertainment, i get to express my views and it makes me feel better Smile

2) To get some insight into the reasons for opposing views/beliefs, it gives me greater understanding to know both sides

I come here to be worshipped.:cool:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:43 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45596 wrote:

Ya having any luck with that?
Numpty

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 04:02 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45598 wrote:
Ya having any luck with that?

I would guess that it isn't given the contempt shown by many.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 03:49 pm
@NotHereForLong,

just killing time,till you came on.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 03:50 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45596 wrote: