• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 946 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 10:57 am
@Adam Bing,
Kinda reminds me a bit of the outcry over The DaVinci Code or Harry Potter.

*THIS* is why government and religion MUST stay separated.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 08:41 pm
@Sabz5150,
Oh, i heard about that today, absolutely crazy!

some people are calling for her to be beheaded...
0 Replies

Adam Bing

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 11:34 am
@Adam Bing,
Islam today personifies the stupidity, danger and insecurity inherent in religion. Christianity is no different except for the fact that western secular thought has tempered it and forced it to abide with civil behaviour.

Islam badly needs such a reformation. Untl then, it will remain threatened by Teddy Bears.
RED DEVIL cv

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 05:40 pm
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;47132 wrote:
Islam today personifies the stupidity, danger and insecurity inherent in religion. Christianity is no different except for the fact that western secular thought has tempered it and forced it to abide with civil behaviour.

Islam badly needs such a reformation. Untl then, it will remain threatened by Teddy Bears.

Find a "Biblical" example of Christianity being in the need of "western tempering". All that Christianity has brought is the doctrine of equality to the western civilization, as proven via our own founding documents, that state that we all are "created equal and endowed with certain alienable rights", or rights that were not subject of the law of man, but guaranteed by the Creator. A blatant statement made with no proof. Present the scripture where Christ or his followers professed intolerance and forced coherence to doctrine, if you can. True Christianity offers no such advise. Such intolerance comes from the standpoint of the imperfect man, not from the scriptures and their teachings. RD
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 06:45 pm
@RED DEVIL cv,
RED DEVIL;47170 wrote:
Find a "Biblical" example of Christianity being in the need of "western tempering".

when god commanded the killing of every man women and child in a certain city...i'm sure you know what i'm talking about!

Quote:
All that Christianity has brought is the doctrine of equality to the western civilization,

The bible has not once promoted equality, the fact that god has "Choosen people" shows this.

Quote:
as proven via our own founding documents, that state that we all are "created equal and endowed with certain alienable rights", or rights that were not subject of the law of man, but guaranteed by the Creator.

the christian god is not the only god people believed in, some of the founding fathers that wrote that phrase, were deists!
0 Replies