Illegitimate birth...

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 03:59 am
"One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

But Jesus was well, his mother was married to Joseph but his father wasn't Joseph so....what does that mean?

What's the use of going through all the headache of joining up including the dunk in the water if at the end of it all, when I go upstairs, I cannot find Jesus. Bummer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 662 • Replies: 3
No top replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 10:28 am
@Adam Bing,
Look for my thread JESUS IS GOING TO HELL touches on the same matter
klyph

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 01:41 pm
@Adam Bing,
Think of it this way. You're trying to apply a text that is thousands of years old, has been translated and edited and retranslated, to a religion that believes New Testament law supercedes Old Testament, and the text itself is of course, subject to interpretation (doctrine). It may not make any sense to you, but to a modern Christian, it may be completely reasonable.

i.e. define "illegitimate birth" define "congregation of the Lord"

A person who is born without legal documentation cannot enter a Methodist church service?

See my point?
0 Replies

Adam Bing

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 11:18 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;44579 wrote:
Look for my thread JESUS IS GOING TO HELL touches on the same matter

rugonnacry, I am guilty of taking that deutromony quote from your thread. I was sure you won't mind. Thanks for doing thr initial research and present the quote to us. It was too good to be left in a post and deserved a seperate thread.
0 Replies