The End of Faith Based Politics in America

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:10 am
The candidature of Rudy Giuliani is demonstrating to the world that the end of faith based politics in America is at hand.

I have no liking for Giuliani's aggressive posturing on foreign policy but I love the way he is screwing with the high priests of the religious right.

In 2001, when he was chucked out of his Gubernatorial mansion because his wife dumped him, he choose to become a house guest of an openly gay couple, two delightful people: Howard Koppel and Mark Hsiao.

As Frank Rich says in a recent article "no matter how you slice it, the Giuliani position on abortion, gay rights and gun control remains indistinguishable from Hillary Clinton's.

Now in spite of this, GIULIANI IS THE FRONT RUNNER IN THE RACE FOR REPUBLICAN NOMINATION In a nationwide poll conducted by CBS News Poll amongst white evangelicals, Giuliani was in a statistical dead heat for first place with Fred Thompson. His 26% polled amongst evangelicals nearly matches his showing amonst all Republicans.

Pause folks, and take a deep breathe because you need to follow this post through to the end. Its that important.

Now, the High Priests of the Religious Right will have you believe the reason for Giuliani's popularity is that the voters do not know about his views on abortion, gun control and gay rights.

THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

A CBS News poll this month comes up with the same conclusions as the poll conducted amongst evangelicals by Sunday's new York Times magazine: that the evangelicals are most interested today in Health care, followed by a closure to Iraq.

ABORTION AND SAME SEX MARRIAGE LANDED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. FIGHTING POVERTY OUTPOLLED ABORTION AS A PERSONAL PRIORITY AMONGST EVANGELICALS BY A 3-TO-2 MARGIN.

Conclusion: There is a marked disprecency between the crazy fringe lead by the High Priests and the common hard working christian citizenry.

As Frank Rich concludes: The political clout ritualistically ascribed to James Dobson of "Focus on the Family" and Gary Bauer of "American Values" and their ilk is a sham.

I may not like Giuliani but he sure is hammering another nail into the coffin of the religious right.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,169 • Replies: 14
No top replies

thomascrosthwaite

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 09:53 am
@Adam Bing,
Happy days are here again Adam. How the Christian Right can claim to be Christian and at the same time opposed programs to relieve poverty and provide health care for everybody is a great study of hypocrisy.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 09:57 am
@Adam Bing,
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5413/giulianiindragup7.jpg
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:00 am
@Adam Bing,
Guliani represents a young and growing republican movement of hawkish low tax American's who think people's personal lives should be thier own buisness and that seperation of church and state make this country great...

like me :-)
92b16vx

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:35 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43890 wrote:
Guliani represents a young and growing republican movement of hawkish low tax American's who think people's personal lives should be thier own buisness and that seperation of church and state make this country great...

like me :-)

He also represents crossdressing, anti-gun, pro-choice, liberal, social democrats, which is why he is not going to win the republican nomination.
Adam Bing

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 11:20 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;43892 wrote:
He also represents crossdressing, anti-gun, pro-choice, liberal, social democrats, which is why he is not going to win the republican nomination.

Surprisingly the argument is being made that based on polls, there are a lot more Silverchild types out there and far less of the anti-gay, pro-gun types that we thought & that Hizzonor could win.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 11:22 am
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;43899 wrote:
Surprisingly the argument is being made that based on polls, there are a lot more Silverchild types out there and far less of the anti-gay, pro-gun types that we thought & that Hizzonor could win.

I think there's a lot more apathetic sheeple than there are people that care about their future. The TeeVee tells them how to vote.
Emiliana

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 11:48 am
@92b16vx,
Quote:
The End of Faith Based Politics in America

It's about time. Finally, some sense.

92b16vx;43901 wrote:
I think there's a lot more apathetic sheeple than there are people that care about their future. The TeeVee tells them how to vote.

That is precisely how an utter fool like George W. Bush was elected twice.

Wake up, America! :cool:
0 Replies

RED DEVIL cv

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:13 pm
@Adam Bing,
A wishful thought by the left, hoping that the conservatives by accepting Mr. Giuliani and his position of placing America first might be a sign of the religious right losing power, WRONG. All this shows is what the conservatives have been saying all along, our country and its protection must come first and foremost, just like the constitution mandates. If we were in a time of peace without world wide conflicts being engaged, Mr. Giuliani would never have a prayer, so to speak, as the conservatives would consider the lesser social issues of our time, the "root" to his success is his strong stance on national defense. I, just like all other well informed conservatives know to be is this fact, what good is social ideologies, if there is no country to socialize in? He is the lesser of two evils and his experience in crime mandates his position in the poles, not his stances on either abortion nor gun control, we as conservatives are just placing the plow behind the horse, in its PROPER PLACE. A concept the liberals of this nation yet fail to grasp, as they let our defense go at the expense of socialized "bribery", power at any expense. A true American places his country and its defense above party positions, when it is required, just as true liberals of the past have done. Men like JFK, FDR, Truman, all true democrats, that would never try to cease power at the expense of national security.

Now Mr. Clinton, seemed to have a problem with this concept as well. He was responsible for cutting our intelligence gathering capacity by some 30%, while mandating civil laws that would not allow one branch of law enforcement to communicate with another, all under the guise of civil liberty infringements, all the while a "declaration" of war by the fundamentalist went "unnoticed". Leading up to 9/11. And all the while pouring more fuel on the fire of social spending that has almost bankrupted us, at the tune of spending some 6 trillion dollars on the war on poverty without gaining anything on the poverty level, in fact the only gains made during this time period was in crime, as our national crime rate has went up some 300% over the life of this "undeclared" war. I would suggest if one wishes to make argument for "declaring" defeat, with monetary concerns being "paramount" in concern, why not declare defeat on this social war with its waste at the expense of our national security? If there is no country, what is there to socialize? If waste and fraud were eliminated from the many wasteful programs, it would not only pay for our defense, but every man woman and child could have the "ever" elusive total health care. wel1.html RD
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:11 pm
@Adam Bing,
History has shown that empires decline when they become so large that they can no longer rule over them. This has happen to Rome, Spain, England, France and Germany. The United States is the only super power left. This is now costing us billions, plus the lives of many young men and women, not to mention those who will be disabled for the rest of their lives. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
0 Replies

adam24

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:16 am
@Adam Bing,
So, you are saying that you are glad that everyone is not getting a fair chance to be heard in America? I certainly have no problem with your baby-killing liberal candidates, why should you be so threatened by a conservative candidate? Isn't America about everyone have an equal say? So if you give us a buch of nominees that all believe the same thing, then you are taking away our right to choose. You think that you know whats best for America, but really all your doing is screening out all personal freedom and replacing it with feel-good, do anything you want and never feel guilty BULLSHIT. You should be ashamed of yourself for forgetting the whole point of having a president that is elected by the people. You call it putting a nail in the coffin of the religous right, I call it putting a nail in the coffin of religous FREEDOM. I hope that no one ever takes away your chance to shape America the way you see fit, without that there is really no point in being American at all.
Numpty

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:53 pm
@adam24,
adam24;47423 wrote:
So, you are saying that you are glad that everyone is not getting a fair chance to be heard in America? I certainly have no problem with your baby-killing liberal candidates, why should you be so threatened by a conservative candidate? Isn't America about everyone have an equal say? So if you give us a buch of nominees that all believe the same thing, then you are taking away our right to choose. You think that you know whats best for America, but really all your doing is screening out all personal freedom and replacing it with feel-good, do anything you want and never feel guilty BULL****. You should be ashamed of yourself for forgetting the whole point of having a president that is elected by the people. You call it putting a nail in the coffin of the religous right, I call it putting a nail in the coffin of religous FREEDOM. I hope that no one ever takes away your chance to shape America the way you see fit, without that there is really no point in being American at all.

So much anger from a christian. Is it so hard to understand that not everyone wants to be a gun loving inbread hillbilly rebublican praising Jaaaaaasus and condeming everyone to a life of eternal hell. I am all for religous freedom, just not in any form of politics.

When an invisible man in the sky dictates policy over common sense then we as a world need to worry. not just in America but everywhere. To many religous fundamentalist governments have their fingers on a nuclear trigger, your head honcho included.
0 Replies

adam24

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:08 pm
@Adam Bing,
K, I was born in Michigan so you could hardly call me a hillbilly, And the name is pronounced JESUS, and I have NEVER condemned anyone to hell, I couldnt even if I tried, thats Gods job. I have met people that I expect will go to hell, but very very rarely have I ever actually said that to anyone. Stop exagerating your points, you know that all christians are not hillbillys, and you know we dont walk around telling everyone that they are going to hell. Let me show you something that I think we as Americans really need to worry about.

The second point to make is that, yes, people who claim to love God do kill, but nowhere near to the extent that the lack of religion does. According to University of Hawaii political scientist Rudolph J. Rummel,[1] <#_ftn1> the total number killed in all of human history is estimated to be about 284,638,000. Of that number, 151,491,000 were killed during the past 100 years. The single largest killer in all of human history is, by far, atheistic Communism with a total of 110,000,000 … over 1/3 of all people ever killed! If we add to that number just two other regimes where religion of any sort was strongly discouraged, Nazi Germany and Nationalist China, the number rises to 141,160,000. Almost 50% of all the killings in human history were committed in the past 100 years by regimes that either actively promoted atheism or strongly discouraged religion. We have not considered the over one billion abortions, where Christianity seems to be particularly unwelcome. When the murders of history are tallied up, it is very clear that atheism is the most dangerous philosophy ever embraced by humanity. The most effective restraint on mankind's inherently evil tendencies is faith in God through Jesus Christ, a faith that actually follows the teachings and commands of Jesus Christ as a daily way of life.

I really dont see the danger in letting God dictate our common sense, it may save a few lives from you crazy secular-fanatics.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 08:49 pm
@adam24,
adam24;47644 wrote:
K, I was born in Michigan so you could hardly call me a hillbilly, And the name is pronounced JESUS, and I have NEVER condemned anyone to hell, I couldnt even if I tried, thats Gods job. I have met people that I expect will go to hell, but very very rarely have I ever actually said that to anyone. Stop exagerating your points, you know that all christians are not hillbillys, and you know we dont walk around telling everyone that they are going to hell. Let me show you something that I think we as Americans really need to worry about.

I really dont see the danger in letting God dictate our common sense, it may save a few lives from you crazy secular-fanatics.

was it not you that said that you weren't saying that atheists kill people because of their beliefs then you post this crap....

okay i have a few problems with your little "paste job"

1. non-belief in yahweh does not cause killing anymore than non-belief in Thor or Zeus causes killing, by your logic i could easily say non-belief in the easter bunny has caused more death and killing than anything.

2. Hitler did not discourage all religion just judaism, so that doesn't make him an atheist nor does it make his regime atheistic. In-fact Hitler was a great proponant of catholicism.

3. your death and killing is more associated with communism than it is with atheism, all your atheist killers are also communist, just because the communists where atheists doesn't mean their atheism is what motivated them to kill anmore than Hitler's and Stalin's mustache's motivated them to kill.

4. The killings are much greater of recent history since technology has made it much easier to kill mass numbers of people.

5. You cannot conclude that atheists have killed more than theists simply because there are many wars where the number of causlties of war are unknown.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 08:55 pm
@adam24,
adam24;47644 wrote:

Not only was i born in michigan but i live here, and i can tell you michigan is a huge hillbilly state, in-fact the Detroit area is the only region that votes democrat. Schools in my area will get opening day of gun season off yet not Martin Luther king day...considering this is where he lived. I know enough people with guns to make a small army.
0 Replies