Christian certified proof on the age of this world & on dinasaurs.

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 08:44 pm
The whole matter of Creation Science and the Young World Theory (the world is 4000 years old as calculated by Bishop Usher and dinasaurs were present in Noah's Ark) is so appalling in what it conveys to young minds that even decent & sensible Christians are rising up in protest against this stupidity.

Here is a rebuttal from a Christian site:
Creation Science Rebuttals, Technical Journal, Dinosaur Extinction
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,031 • Replies: 12
No top replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:10 pm
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;43515 wrote:
The whole matter of Creation Science and the Young World Theory (the world is 4000 years old as calculated by Bishop Usher and dinasaurs were present in Noah's Ark) is so appalling in what it conveys to young minds that even decent & sensible Christians are rising up in protest against this stupidity.

Here is a rebuttal from a Christian site:
Creation Science Rebuttals, Technical Journal, Dinosaur Extinction

Besides having aspirations to be an interpreter (German), a nurse, or a doctor, I thought about being a geologist, as I was fascinated by rocks...after doing much research, and reading about Wegner, and his theory of plate tectonics, I also came to the conclusion that the Earth is likely to be hundreds of millions of years old, if not billions...as the general consensus is that the figure is 4.5 billion years. These creation revisionists are just crackpots, with a lot of time on their hands.
Adam Bing

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:16 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;43520 wrote:
Besides having aspirations to be an interpreter (German), a nurse, or a doctor, I thought about being a geologist, as I was fascinated by rocks...after doing much research, and reading about Wegner, and his theory of plate tectonics, I also came to the conclusion that the Earth is likely to be hundreds of millions of years old, if not billions...as the general consensus is that the figure is 4.5 billion years. These creation revisionists are just crackpots, with a lot of time on their hands.

4.5 Billion years it is. Give or take. So god twiddled his thumbs all these billions of years before creating life & man.

That huge fault in logic is why the creationts are desperate to move the date forward.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 12:44 am
@Adam Bing,
I guess these ******* idiots have never heard of a little thing called carbon dating. They should work to improve the gene pool and kill themselves.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 02:29 am
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;43521 wrote:
4.5 Billion years it is. Give or take. So god twiddled his thumbs all these billions of years before creating life & man.

That huge fault in logic is why the creationts are desperate to move the date forward.

What is time to God, whom made it? Even 4.5 billion years?
Numpty

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:58 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;43526 wrote:

Then why did he not create man 4.5 Billion years ago when he created the Earth? Why wait till 10,000 years ago.

4.5 Billion is a staggering amount of time. I don't think many people can quite comprehend how long it actually is.

Now you're going to say that time and space mean nothing to a supernatural being,...yawn. prove it.

Adam Bing has for me clearly and concisly put the creation theory to bed. Is there any Evidence that suggest otherwise, please show it here, I and I am sure Adam Bing would be gratefull for the opportunity to study it.
Adam Bing

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:23 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;43528 wrote:
Then why did he not create man 4.5 Billion years ago when he created the Earth? Why wait till 10,000 years ago.

4.5 Billion is a staggering amount of time. I don't think many people can quite comprehend how long it actually is.

Now you're going to say that time and space mean nothing to a supernatural being,...yawn. prove it.

Adam Bing has for me clearly and concisly put the creation theory to bed. Is there any Evidence that suggest otherwise, please show it here, I and I am sure Adam Bing would be gratefull for the opportunity to study it.

Actually Numpty has put his finger on the real issue: Our inability to comprehend the time lines involved. Our brain is not geared to easily understand these time lines & the Evolutionary processes tied in to them, or Relativity or Evolution or the magic of quantum physics. That is the main reason why people are more comfortable with the Bible and the Koran. They speak within a time frame of reference we feel comfortable. They do that because they were written by modern man. Remember, the men who wrote the Bible thought eaxctly as us and were as much homo sapein as we are. When the Greeks first encoutered the Egyptians, the Egyptians already had 6000 years of recorded history and were as sophisticated and civilized as people who came a millinium later. To comprehend what happened before those 6000 years and what happened 10,000 years ago when we stated to come out of the last ice age and what happened before that, requires that we leave our comfort zone.

But the path to knowledge is rarely within our comfort zones ( I had to flunk many exams to realise that..). So we need to endevour at least to understand this universe and its working better without using a man-made god as a cop out every time we hit a point where some serious thinking is required.

I am convinced that if there were a god, he would support such a point of view rather than one that only asks for a massive & ritualistic obedience. If he is all that the monotheists make him out to be, he would be delighted to be challenged instead of railing against questions like a paranoid, abusive , dictatorial father.

Please think about that.
Whatever cv

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 02:02 pm
@Adam Bing,
:no:ROFLMAO~!!!

You start on a book that is no proof of anything and then continue the fairy tale..believe whatever little thing you want...just don't begin with an imaginary person existing from "faith" people have and call it science...
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 04:10 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;43526 wrote:

the interesting thing is that in The origial Hebrew Torah the word used to describe creation is Yom. God made the earth in 6 Yom's. A Yom is a variable period of time, even in the Torah it describes a time period ranging from 12 hours to indefinite.

That being known even the Bible itself doesn't make the claim the young earthers do

Faith is fine, but when it comes to the age of the earth what is, is, and the earth is billions of years old. Young earther's would have more luck convincing me the earth was the center of the universe...
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 12:30 pm
@Adam Bing,
It is quite sad that there are still people who believe the earth to be only a few thousand years old. And even sadder that they teach their children this belief, and to mock anyone who believes otherwise. As if somehow their book is more proof than all the data and evidence collected over the last century. I even had one guy, who told me that some bishop a long time ago had calculated exactly when the earth was created, I think he said it was a Thursday. I could hardly respond due to my laughter. I mean seriously who believes this crap?

A colleague of mine was just telling me a story about a high school AP class she decided to teach. When they got to evolution, two of the kids created such a stink about the whole thing, she never was able to get through it. Found out later that they were using a guide from there church on how to interupt and "debunk" the evolutionary theory. Because of two small minded kids, 12 missed out on what could have been an informative lesson. And one with concepts that will surely come up on the AP exam.
Seriously, thank goodness I teach at the college level, we don't get so much of that. If any student tried to disrupt my lecture on evolution with biblical drivel, I'd just have there a** removed. Its not worth arguing with folks who refuse to listen to any proof.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 01:18 pm
@mommamia,
mommamia;43909 wrote:
It is quite sad that there are still people who believe the earth to be only a few thousand years old. And even sadder that they teach their children this belief, and to mock anyone who believes otherwise. As if somehow their book is more proof than all the data and evidence collected over the last century. I even had one guy, who told me that some bishop a long time ago had calculated exactly when the earth was created, I think he said it was a Thursday. I could hardly respond due to my laughter. I mean seriously who believes this crap?

A colleague of mine was just telling me a story about a high school AP class she decided to teach. When they got to evolution, two of the kids created such a stink about the whole thing, she never was able to get through it. Found out later that they were using a guide from there church on how to interupt and "debunk" the evolutionary theory. Because of two small minded kids, 12 missed out on what could have been an informative lesson. And one with concepts that will surely come up on the AP exam.
Seriously, thank goodness I teach at the college level, we don't get so much of that. If any student tried to disrupt my lecture on evolution with biblical drivel, I'd just have there a** removed. Its not worth arguing with folks who refuse to listen to any proof.

People are free to believe nonsense....they are not free to shove it down anyone else's throat.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:58 pm
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;43515 wrote:
The whole matter of Creation Science and the Young World Theory....

don't you mean young world hypothesis? As to my knowledge there is no evidence for the young world concept, in fact there is evidence in contradictionn to a young world!
Adam Bing

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 12:13 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44030 wrote:
don't you mean young world hypothesis? As to my knowledge there is no evidence for the young world concept, in fact there is evidence in contradictionn to a young world!

I erred. We can't even call it a hypothesis. The nonsense in it is overwhelming. Even the creationists, the one who can think and have a political agenda, have abandoned the young world nonsense and focused now on other arguments some of which appear worth assessing.
0 Replies