Should A Christian Vote?

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:42 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;41723 wrote:
I don't feel a need to "defend my statement." It is my opinion.

Defend YOURS.

Hitler killed 7 million innocent people in execution camps and invaded a dozen or more countries

Bush put suspected terrorists in camp where they eat honey glazed chicken and have libraries provided to them, he also invaded one country

therefore Hitler is much worse then Bush,
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:43 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41804 wrote:
And what time are we living in now?

I time where men live free and select their rulers, even if we're still working out the bugs

you know if we ellect the president, but it's actually God selecting him, then we don't actually have control over our thoughts do we? After all we're just gonna vote for whoever god decides to appoint right? Which makes free will a myth, which means I'm not responsible for my actions or thoughts!

sweet!
briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:44 pm
@Brian764,
moreover, no one is writing THE book about it Smile
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:57 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41807 wrote:
I time where men live free and select their rulers, even if we're still working out the bugs

And what is the name of your planet? mine is called earth, on ours it is full of wars, racism, police brutality, curruption in the governments, crime, violence, murder, fear, hate just to name a few.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:59 pm
@Brian764,
and on planet earth, in america, we as people vote to elect our president. that is the reality of it. The idea that our vote is influenced by who god wants in power to work out his eventual endgame violates the docturine of free will.

and FYI, the earth isn't the center of the universe
Brian764

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41815 wrote:
and on planet earth, in america, we as people vote to elect our president. that is the reality of it. The idea that our vote is influenced by who god wants in power to work out his eventual endgame violates the docturine of free will.

Man has free will but its both subjected human and spirit influences. As long as you are subjected to external influences, you are not as free willed as you might believe. Why do you believe companies spend billions of dollars to advertise?

I never said or imply it was.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 08:33 pm
@Silverchild79,

Actually the REALITY of it is that American's are lazy when it comes to voting. On ANY given election it would be considered a "good" turnout to get MAYBE 25% of people voting. That means that there are 75% of the voting population whose voice is NOT heard.

That is HARDLY democracy.

I have talked with many people as to the reason why they don't vote and I have come up with two main reasons.

1) People don't believe that their one vote means anything

and

2) they don't trust the voting system

I guess either way they DO cast a vote.

Rush (the band not the blowhard) said that "if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."

People NEED to vote in these upcoming elections. There are many vital issues on the table not to.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:48 am
@Brian764,
that's true, and America's disinterest in it's own responsibility is alarming yet predictable
0 Replies