Harun Yahya: An Invitation to Dogmatism

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:24 am
Harun Yahya: An Invitation to Dogmatism Francois Tremblay

A bit of a blow-by-blow refutation. It is surprising just how much he gets wrong.

And he STILL owes me money.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,829 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:04 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;63496 wrote:
Harun Yahya: An Invitation to Dogmatism Francois Tremblay

A bit of a blow-by-blow refutation. It is surprising just how much he gets wrong.

And he STILL owes me money.

Yup, that about puts him to bed. Good night and God bless Wink
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:41 am
@Numpty,
I've had to learn a bit to understand, however everything I have read and seen shows that the Islamic discord towards biological evolution and its place in science boils down to this: Muslims believe evolution equals atheism and this in turn is a forced worldview of the West. People like Oktar try and reinforce this... as it is an excellent way to get attention. Not only do they want to change your life, they want to destroy your religion!

I'm quite certain that if Islam as a whole were to look at exactly what evolutionary biology says and why it says it, they (being the "religion of science"*) would be more accepting of it.

* Compared to other religions, Islam is the most science-friendly. They are the guys who composed the first scientific method and they had their golden age (or Renaissance) long before we Europeans (that includes us Americans) did. Their religion does not have a "creation story" per se, and their religion also readily acknowledges an old Earth. Unfortunately when presented with the idea that their religion will be threatened, they become very rigid and resistant to anything after that point. Hence Oktar and his now defunct foundation. That is their single, solitary purpose: to defile science in lieu of religious fundamentalism by shaping the argument as an attack against their religion and as an ideology of the West.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:58 am
@Sabz5150,
will he take any of these criticisms to heart? probably not.
0 Replies