What is Heaven to you????

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 06:16 am
Let me say right now"I BELIEVE IN GOD", however I am not into religions.
now with that out of the way, I am wondering what is y'all idea of how Heaven will been...:peace:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,726 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 06:30 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
My personal promise land?

A 108" TV, every video game ever made, a 2 foot Roor, one of those barrels that supplies unlimited skerb (they did it with fish!), my g/f, Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein with Wiimotes in their hands.

Hey, you asked Smile
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 06:42 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;39126 wrote:
My personal promise land?

A 108" TV, every video game ever made, a 2 foot Roor, one of those barrels that supplies unlimited skerb (they did it with fish!), my g/f, Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein with Wiimotes in their hands.

Hey, you asked Smile
Hey nothing wrong with that. :thumbup: but you have a short list, and it will have to last forever..
mlurp

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:30 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
Good thread, AMERICAFIRST.
My idea of Heaven is bliss, peace and love. All the others before me, like mom, my wife, grand mothers and fathers aunts & uncles. And the even more important people from the Bible. And the most important one God, the father,son and Holy Spirit.
mousy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 11:10 am
@mlurp,
A being created in the image of human... ruins the bliss..expect the unexpected..and then some
westernmom

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 01:41 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
So much of what we do on this earth is because of temptation from Satan - greed, lust, etc. In Heaven we won't experience those things. We will be able to accomplish much more because we won't be sidetracked by petty feelings towards others. Everyone will truly be brothers and sisters. We will treat each other with kindness and respect. Look how well a garden grows when there are no weeds to choke out the good things!

Right now, my heaven on earth is my home.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 01:49 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;39169 wrote:
My idea of Heaven is bliss, peace and love. All the others before me, like mom, my wife, grand mothers and fathers aunts & uncles. And the even more important people from the Bible. And the most important one God, the father,son and Holy Spirit.
well thats what many say about heaven,I want most of the same things we have here now but, no hate death nor pain...
Mad as Hell in NC

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 05:39 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
Hi All,

My idea of heaven would be living in a country where I could choose my leaders by voting and have the right to speak out when needed. I would also have the right to arm myself and use my firearms to defend myself or my family. Where hard work would be rewarded and where I could choose to worship as I please. WHOA WAIT !! I am in heaven now, at least while it lasts !!!

Mad
mlurp

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:14 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39222 wrote:
well thats what many say about heaven,I want most of the same things we have here now but, no hate death nor pain...

Hey I love my 52 inch TV and cost to much wireless sourround sound. My XM radio both in PU and home, my PC the list goes on. But all the baggage you leave behind. Sometimes the truth hurts. looool
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:16 pm
@Mad as Hell in NC,
Mad as Hell in NC;39258 wrote:
Hi All,

My idea of heaven would be living in a country where I could choose my leaders by voting and have the right to speak out when needed. I would also have the right to arm myself and use my firearms to defend myself or my family. Where hard work would be rewarded and where I could choose to worship as I please. WHOA WAIT !! I am in heaven now, at least while it lasts !!!

Mad

Don't sound mad to me. But I had my time in N.C. a long while back. :peace:
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 03:04 am
@mlurp,
And the bible says that we will build our own homes and live in them and that we will tend our own vineyards and eat from them. So we will be busy.

And the best thing is that God will make the earth his foot stool and be with mankind.

mlurp;39169 wrote:
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:55 pm
@mousy,
mousy;39180 wrote:
A being created in the image of human... ruins the bliss..expect the unexpected..and then some

You believe what you want and I what I like. I pray for people like you.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 06:59 am
@westernmom,
I like the promise of this post westenmom.

westernmom;39220 wrote:
So much of what we do on this earth is because of temptation from Satan - greed, lust, etc. In Heaven we won't experience those things. We will be able to accomplish much more because we won't be sidetracked by petty feelings towards others. Everyone will truly be brothers and sisters. We will treat each other with kindness and respect. Look how well a garden grows when there are no weeds to choke out the good things!

Right now, my heaven on earth is my home.
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 08:09 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39123 wrote:
Let me say right now"I BELIEVE IN GOD", however I am not into religions.
now with that out of the way, I am wondering what is y'all idea of how Heaven will been...:peace:

You know the truth is that Christians will live on the earth, after Jesus returns. In fact God, even God the Father will come and live on the earth. The Bible talks far more about the earth, and what Jesus and the glorified saints will be doing on it, than heaven.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 08:15 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41220 wrote:
You know the truth is that Christians will live on the earth, after Jesus returns. In fact God, even God the Father will come and live on the earth. The Bible talks far more about the earth, and what Jesus and the glorified saints will be doing on it, than heaven.

In my heart...I hope that the fairy tales written in the Bible, or interpreted as such, never materialize....and a new plan, a different plan comes to bear....just so all you Bible thumpers would have the last laugh on you.
Stop pretending to estimate God and know his ways...because you don't.
God is working his purpose out...without your counsel, as it is not needed.
Wait. Wait and see what happens. Shut up till then.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:40 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
50 yard line, national Champtionship, 4th quarter, time expired. The Ducks fieldgoal attempt just sailed between the uprights to put them up 23-21 over LSU. The fight song starts playing.

but really? An enviornment where I can mold reality to my liking, the universe bending to my every whim...

hey it's not normal but it's mine
mlurp

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:42 am
@Silverchild79,
LooooooooooooL so true it is yours..... But don't be surprised if it is a bit different. I sure hope God, likes football, the NFL I mean. loooool
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:54 am
@mlurp,
taking thongs off sexy females and ........................................:p
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 12:13 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41299 wrote:
I sure hope God, likes football

Notre Dame Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brian764

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:00 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41262 wrote:
In my heart...I hope that the fairy tales written in the Bible, or interpreted as such, never materialize....and a new plan, a different plan comes to bear....just so all you Bible thumpers would have the last laugh on you.
Stop pretending to estimate God and know his ways...because you don't.
God is working his purpose out...without your counsel, as it is not needed.
Wait. Wait and see what happens. Shut up till then.

Simply because you refuse to believe something, does not negate it as fact. One cannot truly believe in God, yet reject His word. The reason why you don't believe His word is because God has not placed His Spirit in you...and because of that fact you are not His child.

True Christians have the authority on earth to know God's ways...after all they are the only ones who have God living in them.

So if what is written in the Bible is fairy tales, then how do you know that God exist? As long as I have breath, I will do what God expect of me; which is proclaiming His word. What would you do if you were to live to see the return of Jesus, and see the establishment of the kingdom of God on the earth, and all the children of God in it?
0 Replies