Do you believe in God?

mlurp

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 10:54 am
I got this in my e-mail program. Just sharing the thought. What do you think of the idea presented here. My own poll and no real need to go beyond the origional post. A yes or no will do fine. But if your compelled to add more please do.

I'll bet this was a surprise to NBC.
NBC POLL

Do you believe in God?

NBC this morning had a poll on this question. They had the highest Number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls, and the Percentage was the same as this:

86% to keep the words, IN God We Trust and God in the Pledge of Allegiance
14% against

That is a pretty 'commanding' public response.

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't .

Now it is your turn . . It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God.

Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such A mess about having "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Why is the world catering to this 14%?

AMEN!

If you agree, pass this on , if not, simply delete

In God We Trust
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,133 • Replies: 15
No top replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:03 pm
@mlurp,
What God(s) are the American people trusting?
mlurp

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:36 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
You tell me. I use the Bible in it's many printings and several other books relating to the same.
It is a simple yes or no answer. Even others from any other nation can offer a answer.
I use as stated many times the KISS approach. Keep It Simple and the last word need not apply here.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:43 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
Quote:
What God(s) are the American people trusting?

According to the Census, only about 73% of the American people claim to be Christians, only about 30% of those claim to be active, the rest of the country believe in various other gods/goddesses etc. So that is rather misleading to consider that the 86% believe in the Christian god...as for "In God We Trust" and "Under God", these are 20th century inventions and were used little, if at all in the 18th and 19th century America. "Under God" was not included in the Pledge until in the 1950's (I was in school when it happened and remember the trouble we had remembering to say it) and "In God We Trust" was not included on the currency with any regularity until around the same time. Our ancestors sought a secular America, not a religious America. :patriot:
wvpeach

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 02:17 pm
@mako cv,
Oh yes in answer to this question

i most certainly believe in God!
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 03:39 pm
@wvpeach,
certainly not !
mlurp

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:15 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Thanks for the history lesson Mako. It means a lot. Because whom was president and in his cabinet during this period?

I also noted your siggy has changed. Maybe in these days you made the right choice. I feel better knowing those involved in my protection are wise and understanding.
Quote: Retired - got bored - joined Federal Law Enforcement. Maybe retire again in 10 or 20 years. End quote.
0 Replies

rockytop007

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:35 pm
@mlurp,
That poll said that 86% of Americans believe that religious slogans should have a place in American government- it did NOT say that 86% of people polled believe in God. Those two issues really have nothing to do with eachother. I believe in God, but I don't believe in the combination of church and state. America was founded by people who were escaping religious persecution, and for this reason our laws include rights such as freedom of religion, freedom of speech, free exercise and the establishment clause.

In addition to the above political reasons, chuch and state should not be combined because no one should have to be exposed to a religion that is not their own. It is true that America has a large Christian population, but this is no reason to overlook the rights of non-Christians.

...And to answer your question about my belief in God- I don't just believe in God, I know Him. We speak daily- and He's a pretty great dude :]
mlurp

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:45 pm
@rockytop007,
Yes there is if the religion is different and says there is no difference between state, nation and their Koran!!!!

After all America is a nation of laws. Either join in and obey them or rewrite then to suit your fancy .
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 08:20 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;37964 wrote:
I got this in my e-mail program. Just sharing the thought. What do you think of the idea presented here. My own poll and no real need to go beyond the origional post. A yes or no will do fine. But if your compelled to add more please do.

NBC POLL

Do you believe in God?

NBC this morning had a poll on this question. They had the highest Number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls, and the Percentage was the same as this:

14% against

Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such A mess about having "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.

AMEN!

In God We Trust
wvpeach

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 08:23 pm
@Brian764,
Excellent words Brian .

Brian@764;41578 wrote:
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 08:35 pm
@mlurp,
Yes, we're good friends.

I could care less whats said in the pledge or on our currency. I would never pledge allegiance to a country, my allengiance is to the Creator first, family second and all of humanity after that.
Adam Bing

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 08:41 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;37964 wrote:

NBC POLL

Do you believe in God?

14% against

AMEN!

In God We Trust

The 14% apparently included our Founding Fathers. They intentionally kept god out of government. That "In God We Trust" was added later to differentiate us from the atheist Soviets. Ours is a secular state and not a theocracy. Which is why I love this country and will die for it. There are enough people ready to die for a god. Jefferson needs some of us on his side. 14% is good enough to begin with.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 10:59 pm
@mommamia,
My kind of lady , glad to have met you mommamia

mommamia;41583 wrote:
Yes, we're good friends.

I could care less whats said in the pledge or on our currency. I would never pledge allegiance to a country, my allengiance is to the Creator first, family second and all of humanity after that.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:02 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;37964 wrote:

14% against

ummm....

that term/phrase isn't even IN the pledge.

Quote:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

so, how, exactly, do we keep something in something that never had it?

or perhaps, this is proof that 86% of america is stupid and don't even know what the pledge is....
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 05:26 pm
@mlurp,
In answer to the Question, quite simply,.....Nope.
0 Replies