wvpeach

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:21 pm
Its been suggested that I say hello and tell a little about myself.

So here's a little.

I am a 49 year old recently retired empty nester. Three kids all grown and out of college, one hen pecked son in law and a wonderful, tolerant hubby who still works, so I have too much time on my hands . this early retirement turns out may be for the birds.

I am a devout and loved daughter of God. But I do not think you can legislate morality. So the pro choice anti gay folks get no sympathy from me. In fact I think they are hypocritical and most probablly don't have a clue about what God really want's from his people. Till they come up with a plan to take care of people that are alive, I don't want to hear their idiot idea's about abortion and gays.

I just moved back to West Virginia ( God's country) I tote a gun when I head into the woods. ( never know what unfriendly critter you'll meet in my woods) I think the war on drugs is as stupid as the war on terror. I'm a country bare footed gal who likes people to mind their own business and if they do that we will be good neighbors.

I am shocked at how far this country has fallen since my youth. I worry that soon if americans don't realize they are selling the country out from under us, there will not be a country left salvaging.

I yelled long and loud that going into Iraq was stupid, stupid , stupid and all about the oil and money.

But now that we are there believe we cannot leave without straightening out the mess we made of the place.

But believe that the war in Iraq will bite us in the butt as its creating a generation of terroists who have lost loved ones in this war to sense less death that the war caused.

I like Joe Bidden or Ron Paul for president, would like to see the states running things, and the fed's doing very little .

I believe that until people stop dying for lack of medical care in this country we have no right to buy more bombs.

I think our educational system is a shambles. And one of my sons is a high school teacher he agrees.

Well that's about it. Glad to be here. See ya'll around.:headbang:

I like the head bang smiley!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,187 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:24 pm
@wvpeach,
Welcome WV.
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:32 pm
@wvpeach,
Wow, Ms. Peach, I like the fact that you are somewhat older (like me, older but certainly not old) and are not afraid to stick your chin out there. You may be somewhat in the minority here but I look forward to reading more of your opinions.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:36 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;33205 wrote:
Welcome WV.

Well thanks for the welcome.

But got to say quoteing the low class ann coulture will not get you and I off to a good start. Howard Stern and she are made from the same cloth in my opinion.:headbang: ( i love this little head bang guy!)

I was raised that ladies don't talk like that low class broad.

But then again she is no lady. Matter of fact with a adams apple like hers she could pass as a tranvestite.

Except Bill Maher dated her and swears she is really a woman, all be it a low class loud mouthed one.:patriot:

But it is America and even idiots like Ann get free speech.
tvsej

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:27 am
@wvpeach,
Hello wvpeach,

Welcome to conflicting views. T. :headbang: because you like it!
wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:03 am
@tvsej,
Because I like it!:headbang: Thanks!

What kind of a vehicle is that on your aviator TV?

tvsej;33218 wrote:
Hello wvpeach,

Welcome to conflicting views. T. :headbang: because you like it!
tvsej

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:14 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33240 wrote:
Because I like it!:headbang: Thanks!

What kind of a vehicle is that on your aviator TV?

That is a U1300L Mercedes-Benz Unimog 1987 retired military, customized.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:09 am
@wvpeach,
Never seen one of those before looks very functional.

Got any mounatins to climb with that baby where your at?

Shame to waste that machine on the flats?

I love Mercedes, got a old 77 300d. Rusted fenders and all it still runs, bought it off my daddy years ago. Saved my bacon when the kids cars broke down, my old mercedes always ran for mommy to get to work.

keeping it now hoping hubby will help me figure out how it can be converted to run off used oils and the like. Bought a book on the conversion and making your own diesel, but hubby has not taken the interest yet.

But I do start my old mercedes up reguarly and run it over the hill to buy a loaf of bread or gallon milk. I am lucky enough to live where I can get by with running a vehicle without up to date tags, just to keep it running, down to the local hole in the wall. Cops around here understand that, they all must have their own good old cars they don't want to license, but want to keep running.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:13 am
@wvpeach,
Welcome from Texas!
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:56 am
@wvpeach,
Welcome to the site Smile
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:05 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33209 wrote:
Well thanks for the welcome.

But got to say quoteing the low class ann coulture will not get you and I off to a good start. Howard Stern and she are made from the same cloth in my opinion.:headbang: ( i love this little head bang guy!)

I was raised that ladies don't talk like that low class broad.

But then again she is no lady. Matter of fact with a adams apple like hers she could pass as a tranvestite.

Except Bill Maher dated her and swears she is really a woman, all be it a low class loud mouthed one.:patriot:

But it is America and even idiots like Ann get free speech.

So am i to believe that you were born without an adams apple? How do you swallow? If you do have one does it make you a tranny?
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:11 am
@wvpeach,
thought every body knows that is how you spot a transvestite most of the time.

Womens adams apples are not prominent. Mens are.

Heard many a man say, don't trust that one, look at that adams apple might be a man.

But as I said Bill Maher dated Ann and he swears she is a woman.

Its not in character for old Bill to not slam her, for her off the wall over the top polticial sense less rants. So in my opinion having heard Bill speak about her, he still hopes to get some of that and will refrain from bashing Ann.

I believe him, homely as she is , she must be a woman.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:37 am
@wvpeach,
Welcome Peachy!!!!

We are similar in many ways, and exactly the opposite in others! But, that's what makes life interesting. Besides there are a lot of smart people here on this board and they just might make some sense to you!

I look forward to reading your posts and will probably debate many of them!

Again, welcome. It's a fun board.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:44 am
@wvpeach,
Ann Coulter? A tranny?? Hardly.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:52 am
@wvpeach,
Good to meet you western mom.

hey I saw where you pay extra to get fox on your TV.

I pay extra to get the western channel.

Wouldn't be happy without John Wayne and hubby would be a grouch to boot. So we do have something in common.

At least the western loving .
westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:03 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33313 wrote:
Good to meet you western mom.

hey I saw where you pay extra to get fox on your TV.

I pay extra to get the western channel.

Wouldn't be happy without John Wayne and hubby would be a grouch to boot. So we do have something in common.

At least the western loving .

When the kids have no clue what to get dad for Christmas they buy Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and John Wayne dvd's! Oh, and the Dirty Dozen!!!
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
@wvpeach,
Can't leave out the Beverly Hill Billy's , Andy Griffin and Gomer Pyle.

Earnest T Bass the original TV hill Billy.

I know what is it with John wayne, we own most of his movies too and the early ones were not so great.

Doesn't matter how many times I watch them though, wait a month and they are good all over again!

No body like the Duke!:headbang: :headbang:

And if I get sick or moody a few episodes of the hill Billy's and I can't help but get happy.

Old hoss on bonanza had to be one of my first loves. Had a crush on that big guy!
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 11:52 am
@wvpeach,
welcome :thumbup:
0 Replies