Hypocrites

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:41 am
In the Bible Jesus said:

[INDENT]"Every one who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."
Luke 16:18 [/INDENT]
And the Apostle Paul (who continued to sin himself) said:

[INDENT]"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God."
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 [/INDENT]

A divorced man who remarries is entering into an adulterous relationship. And it's not just a relationship; it's an adulterous lifestyle because the remarried man chooses to continue living in the adulterous relationship for the rest of his life (or until he divorces and remarries again). However, if you ask this adulterous man if he is still a Christian, he will say something like, "I believe God has forgiven me and I'm now living under his grace." And ask him if he's willing to leave his current wife in order to "turn from his adulterous lifestyle," and he will refuse because "God's grace has already saved him."

But this is the same man who earlier claimed that the homosexual must turn from his "sinful" lifestyle as a condition of receiving God's grace.

Sound unfair?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 761 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:02 am
@FedUpAmerican,
you left something out

in the Sermon Jesus permits divorce on the grounds of adultery. In the NT that is the only way you can "put away your wife" in the eyes of God. According to the Bible, any other reason and God doesn't recognize the Divorce
FedUpAmerican

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:03 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;35381 wrote:
you left something out

in the Sermon Jesus permits divorce on the grounds of adultery. In the NT that is the only way you can "put away your wife" in the eyes of God. According to the Bible, any other reason and God doesn't recognize the Divorce

Can you please cite passage and verse?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:03 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Matthew 5:31-32

31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.'[f] 32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

specifically
FedUpAmerican

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:04 am
@FedUpAmerican,
DAMN! How did you do that so fast.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:05 am
@FedUpAmerican,
go to google and seacrh for Bible
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:08 am
@FedUpAmerican,
No, Thats not what I meant. No sooner did my request post, your response was there in a split second. Just made me laugh a bit.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:34 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;35383 wrote:
Matthew 5:31-32

31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.'[f] 32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

specifically

Whew! That means a whole lot of heterosexuals are in trouble. Because adultery is not always the grounds for divorce...irreconcilable differences, is one excuse, 'widely" used. Mmmph, mmmph, mmmph...gonna be a whole lot of "gnashing of teeth", come Judgement Day LOL. The fire that burns one, will be burning another.
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 12:02 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Jesus said in the bible: "but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." [Matthew 5:32]

Now, a question for any honest christian woman: If you discover your husband cheating you by committing adultery or he's committing homosexual acts with men, would you stay with him (humilating yourself) or would you rather dignify yourself and ask for divorce !!?

Remember that according to your Bible, Jesus only gives the divorce authority to the husband and he forbids the divorce except when the wife commits adultery!!
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 12:06 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
EXCELLENT point!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 02:54 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Atheists in bed with Muslims, hmmmm?
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 04:42 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
At the time the bible was written women were nothing more than property, some religions (Islam, Hindu, Baptist etc) still practice subjugation of women using the bible as a tool to control and demean. At least Christian women have a choice to renounce Christ and move on with their lives. Try renouncing Islam in a Muslim country and you'll hang from a rope.

Most Christians use the bible as a history book, they learn from our primative past and worship the peaceful word of God. However some fundy Christians are so out there that they are frankly scary people.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 04:53 pm
@Red cv,
Red;35527 wrote:

Most Christians use the bible as a history book.

Therein lies the problem. There is NOTHING historical about the Bible. Anyone with even an inkling about Christian history knows that.:wtf:
Campbell34

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:10 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;35530 wrote:
Therein lies the problem. There is NOTHING historical about the Bible. Anyone with even an inkling about Christian history knows that.:wtf:

Looking at it from a Biblical point of view, regardless of the time or cluture, the devorce would apply for either or. If the man cheats on the woman she would have grounds, and if the woman cheated on the man he would have grounds. The Bible often speaks from a male view, yet the male is not above the law. And the law applies equally for both sexes.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:28 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;36075 wrote:
Looking at it from a Biblical point of view, regardless of the time or cluture, the devorce would apply for either or. If the man cheats on the woman she would have grounds, and if the woman cheated on the man he would have grounds. The Bible often speaks from a male view, yet the male is not above the law. And the law applies equally for both sexes.

Dude the Bible shits on womens right from cover to cover. Where do you find ANYTHING to substantiate your claims.

(man I missed you)Very Happy
Campbell34

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 01:32 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;36080 wrote:
Dude the Bible ****s on womens right from cover to cover. Where do you find ANYTHING to substantiate your claims.

(man I missed you)Very Happy

Before the Christians faith came along woman had few rights. The Christian faith elevated their position, especially when one considers that it was a virgin woman that brought Christ into the world, and it was a woman that first reported that Christ had been raised from the dead. If the New Testament had been written only to show off male superiority, it would of been a man making that discovery.
The women of the Bible still lived in the culture of that time, and the message of the Bible was not to premote womans rights. Yet the laws of the New Testament were for both male and female. Christian woman would pray in the churches with the men and were not seperated as you find those woman praying in the temple. The Christian faith was really the beginning of woman having a higher status in society which was a departure from the old ways.

(I missed you to)
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 02:18 pm
@Red cv,
Red;35527 wrote:
At the time the bible was written women were nothing more than property, some religions (Islam, Hindu, Baptist etc) still practice subjugation of women using the bible as a tool to control and demean. At least Christian women have a choice to renounce Christ and move on with their lives. Try renouncing Islam in a Muslim country and you'll hang from a rope.

Most Christians use the bible as a history book, they learn from our primative past and worship the peaceful word of God. However some fundy Christians are so out there that they are frankly scary people.

From your mouth to God's ears...
I don't know about the women renouncing Christ part...I think they may renounce their stereotypical and archaic roles as submissive and matronly, and being 2nd class citizens in the framework of the church, and society as a whole...which, of course, doesn't set well, with a number of folk, especially, "church folk".
Some Christians are not even Christian...and they are just hot air, making loud noises...pointing fingers, and telling everyone else what's wrong about them, while doing more dirt than the law would allow...hypocrites, for real...
I think folks ought to just shut up, mind their own affairs, and quit trying to be God's agent on Earth...He already done enlisted folks better than "you"...doing His work, for "real".
0 Replies