The God Awful Truth

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 07:55 am
"The God Awful Truth" is a series of twenty-five thought-provoking films examining the true origins of Christian theology, Christian history, Jesus Christ, Paul of Tarsus, the Twelve Apostles, the Bible, the New Testament, the Old Testament, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Torah, origins of Judaism, the Orthodox Church, the Catholic Church, history of the Popes, the Protestant Church, the Crusades, the Inquisition, Christian Missionaries, Televangelists, and more.

This film unravels the mysteries, reveals the deceptions, the horrors, and the atrocities performed against humanity in the name of religion for the past two-thousand years.

Christianity — The God Awful Truth
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,044 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 04:11 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34063 wrote:
"The God Awful Truth" is a series of twenty-five thought-provoking films examining the true origins of Christian theology, Christian history, Jesus Christ, Paul of Tarsus, the Twelve Apostles, the Bible, the New Testament, the Old Testament, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Torah, origins of Judaism, the Orthodox Church, the Catholic Church, history of the Popes, the Protestant Church, the Crusades, the Inquisition, Christian Missionaries, Televangelists, and more.

This film unravels the mysteries, reveals the deceptions, the horrors, and the atrocities performed against humanity in the name of religion for the past two-thousand years.

Christianity — The God Awful Truth

Does it say anything good about Jesus? Or is this just another one of those beat up the Christian films.
mlurp

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 11:14 pm
@Campbell34,
Gosh another great find. But it requires Q Time. I don't use it. Guess I have to relate to what I know.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 11:57 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;37344 wrote:
Does it say anything good about Jesus? Or is this just another one of those beat up the Christian films.

Watch the movie and you might learn SOMETHING.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 11:58 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;37408 wrote:
Gosh another great find. But it requires Q Time. I don't use it. Guess I have to relate to what I know.

Way to keep an open mind. LOL!!!

TYPICAL. ROFLMAO!!!
92b16vx

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:38 am
@FedUpAmerican,
╚═══╦═══╦╦╦
╠═══╩╩╩
mlurp

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 11:49 pm
@92b16vx,
I'll watch what I want, when I want with out someone telling me what or how to do it, thank you. If you need a movie to promote your view then it is sad. I get enough to know what is going on. I am a middle of the road kinda guy with values and normal desires. Do you think your going to get me to say I was wrong to think like that and gosh I want this kinda, err what is it your selling?
Sorry but I don't read a bunch of right or left wing crap. I listen to it each night on Hannity and Combs and channel changing between the adds from one news show to another, FedUpAmerican.
Where your angry with all that we do agree on I find it all part of several plans that will back fire on those involved and then God/Jesus, will have to step in and make it all right. don't laugh to hard.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 06:34 am
@FedUpAmerican,
If you didn't view the movie, which is the topic of the thread, posting about it means NOTHING because on this point you don't know what you're posting about.

Shoo bug.....go away, go away.......SPLAT!!!!!!

GOTCHA!
Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:14 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Who says you need to view it to know anything about it?
FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:27 am
@FedUpAmerican,
True that. Republicans talk about **** they know NOTHING about all the time.

Thanks for correcting me junior.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:31 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;37732 wrote:
True that. Republicans talk about **** they know NOTHING about all the time.

Thanks for correcting me junior.

So do atheists. They like talking about religion, LOL.
It is usually junior that takes the correction.
wvpeach

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:44 am
@Drnaline,
fed up I know the pain you are going through.

But let me see if I can explain in a simple short way.

there is no problem with anything Christ said .

It is man who has warped what Christ said and well is just plain often hypocritical .

These hypocritical so called christians have given all christians a bad name and rep in the world.

And I can certainly understand why. But then again fed up , I am a christian and you will not catch me advocating war, or letting the sick die without care, or letting the poor starve.

Christ said ye shall know them by their fruit.

Unfortunately there seem to be few followers of Christ

AND

Many more that proclaim to be while really working for the other side.:thumbdown:

So know them by their fruit, and do not dismiss a whole group because of the majority of bad apples in it.

It will be sorted out in the end.

And I promise you there is a God and he has a a son named Jesus , and both are keeping score. This will not go unpaid.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:52 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Quote:
But then again fed up , I am a so called christian
FIXED.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 01:24 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;37425 wrote:
Way to keep an open mind. LOL!!!

TYPICAL. ROFLMAO!!!

It alway is even when I try to close it. Jesus, allows the light to enter. So I back up and try to correct the closed thought. Case in point. The exchange between me and Drnaline. had he been a understanding person and willing to just go on with life and not become the clown he is. Well it would have worked out the way Jesus, would have wanted it. One can only try, right?
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 02:41 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;37726 wrote:
Who says you need to view it to know anything about it?

better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth, and remove all doubt.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:06 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
LOL, you have been waiting for an opportunity to say that haven't you?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:10 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;37813 wrote:
It alway is even when I try to close it. Jesus, allows the light to enter. So I back up and try to correct the closed thought. Case in point. The exchange between me and Drnaline. had he been a understanding person and willing to just go on with life and not become the clown he is. Well it would have worked out the way Jesus, would have wanted it. One can only try, right?

Quote:
The exchange between me and Drnaline. had he been a understanding person and willing to just go on with life and not become the clown he is.
And just accept the fact that Mlurp wants to commit bodily harm agains his person. Maybe even relieve him of his life with the help of team geritol, oh, sorry, the nambro's.
Quote:
Well it would have worked out the way Jesus, would have wanted it.
Before or after you threatened to kill him?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:12 pm
@markx15,
markx15;37888 wrote:
LOL, you have been waiting for an opportunity to say that haven't you?

Search the exact term, he says that all the time. The intellects got it going on, LOL.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:17 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;37674 wrote:
If you didn't view the movie, which is the topic of the thread, posting about it means NOTHING because on this point you don't know what you're posting about.

Shoo bug.....go away, go away.......SPLAT!!!!!!

GOTCHA!

Wrong.................. But why argue. I'm gone. but still honest and maybe a bit wiser.
0 Replies