Deception

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:24 am
Two forms of self-deception rules over Christianity.

The first self-deception is in the effort to convince themselves that they are lost sinners and deserving of eternal torment in the fires of hell, had it not been for Jesus being made a bloody sacrifice for their sins. Sins they could not possibly be responsible for.

The second deception is in the vain effort to persuade themselves that they truly love that one who would damn them to hell, not for vile deeds, but simply for the lack of belief!

Now although many may think that others are deserving of a hell, few, if any, truthfully believe that they are.

And who could love one that would cast them into a fiery pit to be tormented eternally because of doubts, or lack of belief?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 807 • Replies: 13
No top replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 06:15 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33055 wrote:

The first self-deception is in the effort to convince themselves that they are lost sinners and deserving of eternal torment in the fires of hell, had it not been for Jesus being made a bloody sacrifice for their sins. Sins they could not possibly be responsible for.

The second deception is in the vain effort to persuade themselves that they truly love that one who would damn them to hell, not for vile deeds, but simply for the lack of belief!

Now although many may think that others are deserving of a hell, few, if any, truthfully believe that they are.

And who could love one that would cast them into a fiery pit to be tormented eternally because of doubts, or lack of belief?

True Dat! Trust me...my God ain't nothing like "their" God...I was in a empowerment group, once, and in one of the exercises, I learned that we get our initial concept of God from our parents....I was estranged from my father, and in turn, I felt, during most of my childhood, estranged from God...thinking the only hope for me was a life in the priesthood...probably would have wound up a sexually repressed homosexual clergyman...thank God, that did not happen...I think there is nothing worse than a hypocrite.
To doubt, or to question is to be human....God is too much God to be tripping as we humans "trip", OK? I'm sure He finds it quite amusing (if God can be amused) that we make such a big deal of things...in simplistic terms, the only thing that matters is love, and kindness...all the rest is just human bull.
I finally came to the realization that God loves us all, imperfect as he made us, and that I am lovable and possess the ability to love...that cleared up a lot of baggage. I am a work in progress, and am in the process of becoming who and what I was meant to be.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 06:50 pm
@FedUpAmerican,

I have noticed that when death is imminent, people often turn to God for salvation. Regardless of how they conducted their lives on Earth, they want to believe that if they repent in their last dying breath and accept Jesus Christ that they will be forgiven and enter the gates of Heaven.
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 07:47 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Welcome fedup ; )
FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:15 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;33196 wrote:
Welcome fedup ; )

NOW we're all here!

Glad To see you and your dad. We seldom if EVER agreed on ANYTHING but I always loved our banter.

Hope you are doing well. I look forward to our future rants.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:45 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Banter, good one.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:00 am
@FedUpAmerican,

You have been to way too many hellfire and damnation services. Stop thinking of him as God and start thinking of him as a loving Heavenly Father. A person who wants to help guide and direct you to a better way of life. Much like a caring, loving earthly Father would.

Very few will go into the darkness of hell. And I don't think it's going to be a fiery pit. It is going to be an existence that is more a state of mind that a physical state. Much like a person who is exiled to prison. All of you could of, would of, should have feelings will haunt you.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:08 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;33318 wrote:
You have been to way too many hellfire and damnation services. Stop thinking of him as God and start thinking of him as a loving Heavenly Father. A person who wants to help guide and direct you to a better way of life. Much like a caring, loving earthly Father would.

I would if:

A) I believed in him (the Christian God anyway)

and/or

B) Saw him as loving

I see God, or people using God as an excuse to, commit murder, torture, fight wars and practice intolerance to non-believers.

As far as the hellfire and brimstone churches, I HAVE been to some. It's not the churches though that lead me to believe (or not believe) as I do. It was through careful examination of what is in my heart, mind and soul.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 11:06 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Fedup,

That's what each of must do in this life. Come to an understanding that best fits our own belief system and accept those things we are most comfortable with.

But, then as you are at peace with your personal beliefs you become comfortable accepting the fact that others have those things in their life that makes them comfortable. You respect them for the good that they do and strive to do good yourself.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 11:23 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Fed up

Its all in the translation errors found in the bible and the fact that men picked and chose what books to include in the bible.

There is no eternal torment in hell , just as many sacred text's never made it into the main bible, because for instance they say, men of God should work and not be paid for their service to a congregation.

Kinda messes up that cushy deal the priests had at the time.

Much was left out. But God is good and it can be found if a person is willing to put the time in and search for the truth about God.

So tell us Fed Up don't you believe in God?
FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 11:30 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33333 wrote:

So tell us Fed Up don't you believe in God?

Not the God of the Christian Bible.

I don't affiliate myself with any religious denomination and believe that God, my version anyway, resides within our hearts. We all have our own individual interpretation of who or what that is.

I don't believe that God is "The Creator." I think that God is more of a inner energy that drives us and what we do in life.

Could I be wrong? Hell yeah!

But then again, I may be closer to the truth than some.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 11:51 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Fed Up

I respect what you say your belief is.

Let me see if I can say this so it can be understood and not too boring.

have looked into the possibility that human kind just evolved to what we are. Not possible. Not possible either that our universe or the planet we live on just happened . I am no scientist, but I have studied what they say about creation and this whole thing did have a creator.

I think most will be really surprised when they meet the creator or creators and find its not as they thought it was going to be.

God does make for lack of a better word " himself " known in our hearts.

Sounds like to me fed up you are closer to God and finding God than some who profess to know God.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:01 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33344 wrote:
I respect what you say your belief is.

Thank you.

Quote:

have looked into the possibility that human kind just evolved to what we are. Not possible. Not possible either that our universe or the planet we live on just happened . I am no scientist, but I have studied what they say about creation and this whole thing did have a creator.

Is this an informed opinion or just something that you think is true. If it's an informed one, I would be interested in knowing some sources. Not saying that I want you to do homework for me or anything, but you do have an interesting theory, which is really all creationism and evolution are anyway.

Quote:
I think most will be really surprised when they meet the creator or creators and find its not as they thought it was going to be.

I for one will be shocked. My question would be "why all the secrecy?"

Quote:

Sounds like to me fed up you are closer to God and finding God than some who profess to know God.

Thanks. I think...:dunno:
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:22 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Not too much home work reguired fed up.

I have some stuff lining my book cases.

Doesn't seem to occur to most that evolution and God are not as opposite views as some think.

I believe God designed the world and us to evolve .
0 Replies