• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 775 • Replies: 15
No top replies

tvsej

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:17 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Every point you just made can be equally shared by Islamic people, every race and or religion has its exstremist and just plain nutty people. Know you lump all Christians together, with that way of thinking I guess we could say all muslims are terrorist.

You marry first cousins (not allowed in Christian society) Turkish 1st cousins go home to marry and come back to Germany, they are not recognized as married here. You do not believe in abortion or birth control, who are you pointing at? Many Christians believe in birth control and practice it.
You have no Insanity, prejudice, or irrational people in Islam, wow you guys are perfect! No wonder you dislike us ******* up your perfect world.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:24 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
LOL!

Who's a muslim?

You are WAY off base.

AGAIN, produce your facts instead of hurling insults and resorting to childish name calling or I'll take my ball and go home.

LOL!
tvsej

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:33 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33076 wrote:
LOL!

Who's a muslim?

You are WAY off base.

AGAIN, produce your facts instead of hurling insults and resorting to childish name calling or I'll take my ball and go home.

LOL!

I did no name calling, and I did ass u me that you were a Muslim, I apologize if it is not true, you have not said, only that you do not follow any Christian God, or organized religion. What GOD do you follow?
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:37 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Why do I need to follow ANY God???

If I had to lable myself as anything it would be a Realist.

I once was a deeply devout Christian. I just grew out of it. Way too much B.S. for me.

BTW, no need to apologize. It was just a minor mistake. No big deal.
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:14 pm
@tvsej,
tvsej;33075 wrote:
Every point you just made can be equally shared by Islamic people, every race and or religion has its exstremist and just plain nutty people. Know you lump all Christians together, with that way of thinking I guess we could say all muslims are terrorist.

You marry first cousins (not allowed in Christian society) Turkish 1st cousins go home to marry and come back to Germany, they are not recognized as married here. You do not believe in abortion or birth control, who are you pointing at? Many Christians believe in birth control and practice it.
You have no Insanity, prejudice, or irrational people in Islam, wow you guys are perfect! No wonder you dislike us ******* up your perfect world.

We all accept that there is a minority of zealots in every religious sect that use their faith to condone inhumane actions. No group or individual is exempt.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:26 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
History is packed with man's inhumanity to man. As social puts it, no group or individual is exempt.

Some do it in the name of "religion", some do it to find favor within their gang, some do it to satisfy evil urges, some do it because they are just plain crazy.

Why point your finger at Christians? Evil abounds in the world and has done since Cain...
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:29 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Do you think it might be because I'm posting in the Religion and Philosophy forum? That might have SOMETHING to do with it.
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:35 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33114 wrote:
Do you think it might be because I'm posting in the Religion and Philosophy forum? That might have SOMETHING to do with it.

Wherever you post, you will get a variety of opinions. You will get more if you post in the proper forum. I tend to stay with social issues and national politics - visit the picture thread and humor for some relief.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:19 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33081 wrote:
I once was a deeply devout Christian. I just grew out of it. Way too much B.S. for me.

Well, maybe you wouldn't have "grown" out of it if you would have "exercised" your faith a bit!
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:23 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Originally stated by FedUpAmerican

Quote:

There is BS eveywhere, my friend. If you need to avoid it, stay away from TV, newspapers, travel, libraries, coffee houses (especially coffee houses - been to a Starbucks lately and experienced their brand of BS?). Trust only those closest to you, abide everyone else.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:20 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33147 wrote:
Well, maybe you wouldn't have "grown" out of it if you would have "exercised" your faith a bit!

I prefer common sense to fantasy.
westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:14 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33203 wrote:
I prefer common sense to fantasy.

Well then, common sense should teach you that you will experience all types of personalities in every faction of your life. Home, work, school, activities, and church. Some people will be the very best examples of man's good to man, and others will be the very worst.

Don't judge a group of people by one persons actions.

Many of your statements encompass the actions of a few throughout all history and don't pertain to the masses.

ie. "A modern day world where images of death and torture are worshiped every week," I assume you are talking about the crucifix hanging on the walls of many Christian churches. My religion doesn't believe in doing this. We have no crosses marking any of our buildings, chapels, wear as jewelry, etc. If Christ would have died by hanging from a rope we probably wouldn't commemorate a rope. But, on the other hand, the symbol of the Cross is a reminder of the love Christ had for us, not torture.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:30 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;33285 wrote:
Don't judge a group of people by one persons actions.

I'm not. I'm determining my distaste for a religion for the actions of it's members. Are all the members of the Christian cult bad apples? Of course not but they are far from the good little Christians that they claim to be.

Quote:

ie. "A modern day world where images of death and torture are worshiped every week," I assume you are talking about the crucifix hanging on the walls of many Christian churches. My religion doesn't believe in doing this. We have no crosses marking any of our buildings, chapels, wear as jewelry, etc. If Christ would have died by hanging from a rope we probably wouldn't commemorate a rope. But, on the other hand, the symbol of the Cross is a reminder of the love Christ had for us, not torture.

Does your church practice the cannibalistic ritual of dining on the body of Christ and drinking of his blood? Do you subject your children to this abuse?

Does your church practice the brainwashing technique of singing songs? Does your church music provide a steady rythmic beat? (another brainwashing technique))

I can go on and on.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:42 am
@FedUpAmerican,
A bad christian is better then a good atheist.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:50 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Does your church practice the cannibalistic ritual of dining on the body of Christ and drinking of his blood? Do you subject your children to this abuse?

Drinking water and eating a small morsel of bread "in remembrance" of the body or the blood of Christ is not teaching kids to be Hannibal! It's a way of teaching them of the sacrifice that he made for us. It's a way of teaching them that someone was a good example for them to follow. Only sick and depraved minds twist it into something about cannibalism.

Does your church practice the brainwashing technique of singing songs? Does your church music provide a steady rythmic beat? (another brainwashing technique))

Music is a way of expressing your feelings. Much like sitting at keyboard and tapping away at keys in a rythmic motion and posting on message boards...
0 Replies