• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 712 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 12:05 am
@RedOct,
I CLEP'ed world religion in college

and what you said about Paul's Christianity is very true

Paul almost exclusively bases his teaching off the old Testament prophecies rather then the canonical gospels. His teachings are in many instances a contradiction of the gospels.
politically-wrong

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 03:55 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;28382 wrote:
I CLEP'ed world religion in college

and what you said about Paul's Christianity is very true

Paul almost exclusively bases his teaching off the old Testament prophecies rather then the canonical gospels. His teachings are in many instances a contradiction of the gospels.

Now thats news to me, but i thought that paul never new chesus personally?
how can christianity be practiced based upon someone who never met its founder?

the previous post is quite educating, i never knew that muslim armies reached upto almost PARIS, think u can detail that a bit? please do .
mako cv

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 02:52 pm
@RedOct,
Quote:

Probably was no founder (other than Paul) go to this link and follow the various articles to the end. Might be an eye-opener. :patriot:
Preamble
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 03:11 pm
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;28390 wrote:
Now that's news to me, but i thought that paul never new chesus personally?

the previous post is quite educating, i never knew that muslim armies reached upto almost PARIS, think u can detail that a bit? please do .

Paul basically claimed that Jesus met him on a road while he was traveling, but it is true that Paul never knew Jesus while he lived

as for his contradictions to the Gospel in the Sermon on the Mount Jesus clearly says that he hasn't come to put away the law (1st covenant) but Paul says that Jesus had done exactly that, by quoting the OT prophecies about the "anointed one", or Christ.

Jesus says

Quote:
Matt. 5:18-19: "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

But Paul taught

Quote:
Romans 10:4: "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for every one who believes."

Many try to reconcile this direct contradiction by saying that Jesus' death, atonement and resurrection "fulfilled" and thus "completed" the Law of Moses, bringing it to an end. But to fulfill a law or command is to comply with it fully. Jesus specifically stated in Matt 5:17 that he came to fulfill the Law of Moses, not destroy it. He came to ensure full compliance. And then he sets the time frame for that compliance, in the next verse (Matt 5:18 cited above): until ALL (this means everything!) has been fulfilled, and to make it even more unambiguous, he states that this will be until heaven and earth have passed away, that not one dot or iota in the Law will be affected.

Additionally, when Paul denounces the need for works/deeds of which Jesus and others spoke so much, in Romans 3:27-28 and Galatians 2:16, he also specifically mentions which works: that obedience to the Law is what is not required, contrary to Jesus' statements.

it's an interesting topic that allot of people don't like to admit is a real contradiction. Paul, after Luke, is the majority author of the NT as well
0 Replies