Hi, from Alabama.

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 12:02 am
I'm not your typical redneck. I'm a moderate who thinks the government has lost its mind. I have a dim view of religion and have a huge problem with religion in politics. I believe government should play no role in deciding who I sleep with or marry, I'm pro-life, and I homeschool my kid. I don't particularly like people, and I have absolutely no faith in humanity. I don't know what else to say at this point, so that's all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,009 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 03:03 am
@girlwonder,
Welcome to Conflicting Views! You just might fit right in! Enough strong beliefs to post about as be attacked for to suit many here.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:08 am
@girlwonder,
girlwonder;27301 wrote:
I'm not your typical redneck. I'm a moderate who thinks the government has lost its mind. I have a dim view of religion and have a huge problem with religion in politics. I believe government should play no role in deciding who I sleep with or marry, I'm pro-life, and I homeschool my kid. I don't particularly like people, and I have absolutely no faith in humanity. I don't know what else to say at this point, so that's all.

interesting :thumbup:
Drnaline

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:16 am
@girlwonder,
girlwonder;27301 wrote:
You've said alot, thanks for giving us the time of day. What made you join, if i may be so bold? Oh and Welcome.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:35 am
@girlwonder,
I give her a week.
briansol

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 11:53 am
@girlwonder,
Welcome!

I agree with you on most points excpet for the home schooling aspect.

everyone i've ever met who was homeschooled was, well, weird. They lack social interaction skills, regardless of how smart they may be. something to keep in mind.
any hoo, welcome Smile
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 12:25 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;27331 wrote:
I give her a week.

naw generally the people who post intros stay longer

welcome to the site, now get out there and pick a fight :-)
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 12:31 pm
@girlwonder,
Welcome. I am your typical redneck. Let's party.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:15 pm
@girlwonder,
girlwonder;27301 wrote:

Sounds like it's all pretty much over for you. For what it's worth, welcome.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:30 pm
@girlwonder,
girlwonder;27301 wrote:

You are not alone sister, the government globally has lost it's @#$$38hg mind. We have gone from a free society to a society that is dictated to by their government in the name of "Keeping us safe" of course. It's the new in thang, the Nanny Nation, no snotty nose to vile and they'll wipe it at tax payer's expense.

I'm prolife, but it's not a personal choice I'd ever make. I have no kids, oh well a dog. I love people and I hope you don't wake up every morning feel so damned depressed there girlwonder.
0 Replies

theGuardian

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 04:45 pm
@girlwonder,
Hi Bama,
You do have a lot to say and I think we have just seen the tip of the ice berg. If you believe that we are God's children, then you would also believe that we must grow. God (he or she) has given us one problem to solve and that is how to get along with each other. Look at how many millions of people have died in the name of God. You said you have given up. Don't give up, hang in there. We need all the positive people we can. Welcom.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 05:22 pm
@girlwonder,
Mobile?
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 04:56 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Quote:
Originally stated by girlwonder View Post

scooby-doo;27321 wrote:
interesting :thumbup:

Interesting that you would find her interesting, Scoob.
bizkit

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 06:54 pm
@girlwonder,
Hi Alabama....I'm from Mississippi.
what exactly do you have faith in? reading your post, its not religion...or people...or politics. obviously not education either. Just curious and wanted to know your opinion.
Sounds like you are very down on everything.
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 11:09 pm
@girlwonder,
girlwonder;27301 wrote:

Welcome,
Uh, I'm not your typical redneck, either. My profile is listed in my introduction..
I find agreement with your statement that the government's losing its' mind (if it ever had one in the first place, is dubious)..I have a dim view of "organized religion"...priest and ministers lie, cheat, steal, commit adultery, indulge in child and sexual abuse, just like the rest of the population, meaning that, for the most part, they're typical "flawed" human beings, just like the rest of us, and they need to be working on themselves (just like the rest of us), instead of pointing fingers and preaching damnation (read: hypocrites).
And I agree with you that the government needs to stay out of our bedrooms...and that gays, and lesbians (they are not the same) should enjoy the same civil liberties that heterosexuals enjoy ( be it civil unions or church ceremonies ( read: marriage), as long as the law applies.
I'm pro-life, as well...however I don't believe developing embryos constitute "life", per se, because they are dependent on their enviroment ( read: mother's womb) for development, and they could not exist outside of that enviroment, until the last trimester ( in most premature situations)...so, IMHO, they are not "children" with souls, cognizance, or feeling, until they are born...my opinion, and none other.
However I completely support a woman's right to choose...I deeply resent men telling a woman what she can or cannot do with her own body...if she chooses to have an abortion (hopefully, the last resort), that is between her conscience and God, and no one is in a position to judge her, because there is no one, (in present company, least of all) who is without sin.

I tend to like people (until I ventured here), and I do believe in man's humanity to man...although some folks here are trying desperately to change my mind
Some are even unwilling to read my posts...I relish the thought. I think they mistaked me for someone who cared...I'd be interested in how you feel about current politics...again, welcome. Aaron
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 07:27 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;29061 wrote:
Quote:
Originally stated by girlwonder View Post

Interesting that you would find her interesting, Scoob.

why is that ian Very Happy
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:11 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;29088 wrote:
why is that ian Very Happy

She's such a downer, Angus. Without even trying, their bad stuff chips away at all your good stuff.
0 Replies