Well look what the cat drugged in

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 08:21 am
ConflictingViewers,
Hi, how the hell are y'all? A big ol' Texas-sized "hey". Bet y'all thought I was dead. I'll bet some wished it...but, no, I'm still around, hanging on way too many forums, and giving conservatives and Republicans the same ol' hell that I'm known for giving. The last time I posted here was back in January...a whole lot has changed.
Just wanted to weigh in on this historic day.....Barack Obama being nominated by acclamation as the Democratic nominee for POTUS.
Dems choose Obama in thunderous acclamation - Yahoo! News

My mother would have been crying crocodile tears, as I am, at the thought that I am alive to witness this sea change in American politics. I am filled with such pride, that words can do no justice. My only hope is that he wins in November, so that he and his coterie can begin to correct the errors, misdeeds, and crimes perpetrated by the current administration, and successfully, responsibly end the war in Iraq, and restore us to prosperity and peace.

Excuse the gaffe, the heading should read: Look what the cat dragged in. LOL.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,369 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 12:06 pm
@aaronssongs,
Welcome back, Aaron. I am still here, although I have been very quiet lately.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 12:50 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;58969 wrote:
Welcome back, Aaron. I am still here, although I have been very quiet lately.

Curmie! I think I've missed you. Can't be sure.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 01:09 pm
@aaronssongs,
We will see, won't we? I might be even nicer now than I was before.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:34 am
@Curmudgeon,
drnaline and aaronsongs are back?

I have a feeling this board will be more lively.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:35 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
not that, drnaline was ever really gone.....
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 01:40 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59015 wrote:
drnaline and aaronsongs are back?

I have a feeling this board will be more lively.

Is lively a "good thing"?
I'm kinda worn....call it forum fatigue. The "righties" are not necessarily winning, but phasers are down to 60 %, and my shields are at 40 %, and the warp core is offline.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 11:36 pm
@aaronssongs,
I too took a leave of absence. I hated the fact that everyone was banned if they got into a lively debate! So, hopefully we can do this once again. I hope you guys in Texas will be alright. It looks like Ike is headed your way. If you need a safe place come on up to Idaho - we have several spare bedrooms! That would be pretty darn interesting in my nice little conservative neighborhood, huh?
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 09:48 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59334 wrote:
I too took a leave of absence. I hated the fact that everyone was banned if they got into a lively debate! So, hopefully we can do this once again. I hope you guys in Texas will be alright. It looks like Ike is headed your way. If you need a safe place come on up to Idaho - we have several spare bedrooms! That would be pretty darn interesting in my nice little conservative neighborhood, huh?

I'm overwhelmed by your apparent change of heart....and a little wary.
Thanks for the offer. We stayed put for Rita, and it wasn't much. Galveston is a buffer for Houston...so the most we can expect is some wind, lots of rain, some neighborhood flooding and perhaps a day or two of power outage.
Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:44 am
@aaronssongs,
Thanks for your concern. Looks like Ike will come in south of here, just putting us on the "dirty" side of the storm. Lots of wind and rain. We ran from Rita, and it was a mistake. I hadn't left town for a hurricane ever in the last 50 years. We are prepared for Ike and whatever follows. We will only evacuate if it is mandatory.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 09:20 pm
@aaronssongs,
Santa Fe's alot closer then Idaho, your welcome in my home curmy.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 02:25 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59391 wrote:
Santa Fe's alot closer then Idaho, your welcome in my home curmy.

If you're going to crash my thread, the least you can do is to say hello...it is my thread, after all. Manners?
westernmom

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 03:42 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;59380 wrote:
I'm overwhelmed by your apparent change of heart....and a little wary.
Thanks for the offer. We stayed put for Rita, and it wasn't much. Galveston is a buffer for Houston...so the most we can expect is some wind, lots of rain, some neighborhood flooding and perhaps a day or two of power outage.

Hey, I don't see eye to eye with a lot of people (even family) but they are always welcome in our home.

My daughter is in Sugar Land so I am monitering this storm closely. I have sent her lists of "preparedness" stuff! I know she has 72 hour kits prepared if she has to leave and is stocked up with lots of water, food, batteries, propane, etc.

She was up here during Gustave and told her husband to make sure he had stocked up and he told her yes he went and bought extra water, Gator Aid, and corn dogs!!!
0 Replies

marcus cv

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 02:33 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;59403 wrote:
If you're going to crash my thread, the least you can do is to say hello...it is my thread, after all. Manners?

Smile Hi Aaaronsongs, Congratulations on Obama, and hope that the hurricane wouldn't be to much hassles.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:11 am
@marcus cv,
marcus;59762 wrote:
Smile Hi Aaaronsongs, Congratulations on Obama, and hope that the hurricane wouldn't be to much hassles.

Hey, Marcus....we're hopeful...Galveston is experiencing some of the surge, already. It's going to be a long night.
westernmom

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:24 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;59764 wrote:
Hey, Marcus....we're hopeful...Galveston is experiencing some of the surge, already. It's going to be a long night.

Stay safe. My daughter is in Sugar Land and my hubby is mad that they aren't getting out but they feel like they are pretty well prepared and have things in order. We have never experienced a hurricane so have no clue...

I just can't believe the people not leaving Galveston.
marcus cv

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:49 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59765 wrote:
Stay safe. My daughter is in Sugar Land and my hubby is mad that they aren't getting out but they feel like they are pretty well prepared and have things in order. We have never experienced a hurricane so have no clue...

I just can't believe the people not leaving Galveston.

I was during Ivan in Panama City (Fl), and was amazed by the power of wind. Overall, it wasn't too bad except sleeping on a mattress for two nights in a school accommodated by Red Cross.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:37 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;59403 wrote:
No i think it's the sites thread that you started. I believe anyone is able to post in any thread regardless of who started it. But if it makes you feel better, hi.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:45 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59778 wrote:
No i think it's the sites thread that you started. I believe anyone is able to post in any thread regardless of who started it. But if it makes you feel better, hi.

I started the new thread : Well look what the cat drugged in...so it would be "my thread". Don't start dictating policies again. I'm sure your hands are full trying to keep you up with you, and here you are, all up in my mix.
Move around.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:51 am
@aaronssongs,
I move around alot, I'm a moderator.