Addressing attacks

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:47 pm
Re: Lets see how tolerant you all are....
alright, i think this has gone on long enough.

Again,

let me remind everyone that we are here to DEBATE TOPICS. Not debate people or their ideas or ideals.

kthnkx bye

Briansol,
I appreciate you ending the diatribe....only that you would have intervened sooner...as I am bearing the brunt of the majority of the attacks, from a variety of sources, again and again....it's becoming tedious, if not boring.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,178 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:10 pm
@aaronssongs,
Agreed.:thumbup:
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:14 pm
@aaronssongs,
That thread was funny, you guys were baited by a troll and it went on for four pages without him responding again.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 06:34 pm
@aaronssongs,
Yeah....now that I think about it.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 08:05 pm
@aaronssongs,
i hadn't visited that thread in a while and hadn't realized that was taking place till i went into it.

Please folks - we are here to talk about events/things/politics/religion.

we are NOT here to bash on Pino, or Aaron, or even myself.

"you're an idiot" is NOT what we are here for.
"That doesn't work because....." IS why we are here.

Views on topics are as vast as the community has members.

Please don't make me turn into a nazi moderator. I WILL if i have to.... but i don't want to do it. I'd hope everyone here has enough brains to figure out how to debate topics, and not name-call because you don't agree with the person posting before you.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 08:43 pm
@briansol,
briansol;30125 wrote:
i hadn't visited that thread in a while and hadn't realized that was taking place till i went into it.

Please don't make me turn into a nazi moderator. I WILL if i have to.... but i don't want to do it. I'd hope everyone here has enough brains to figure out how to debate topics, and not name-call because you don't agree with the person posting before you.

Thank you
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:42 am
@aaronssongs,
Goes for you to Aaron.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 03:35 pm
@briansol,
briansol;30125 wrote:

Thank you!:cavt-126-asard:
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 03:53 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30290 wrote:
Thank you!:cavt-126-asard:

Guess they didn't understand you Briansol....
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:09 pm
@aaronssongs,
Aaron, can't we all just get along?
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:51 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30303 wrote:
Aaron, can't we all just get along?

Kinda late for that, isn't it...there's a whole lotta water under the bridge, to be talking like that right now. That would have been appropriate, early on....but I just don't know....once and twice bitten, thrice "on guard". You tell me.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 11:53 pm
@aaronssongs,
All it takes is civility. Try it sometime. It's never too late.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:33 am
@aaronssongs,
This is my take on the situation: Aaron is extremely obnoxious and rude, but habitually plays the race-card. By so doing, he's made some of the moderators a bit nervous, and they're now spring-loaded to silence those who bite Aaron back, when he gets nasty. They've chosen this tactic because they can't control Aaron, and feel they can't ban him, because he's whined about being racially discriminated against. So, the easiest way to solve the 'Aaron problem' is to apply pressure on the 'easy targets', e.g., those of us who can most deftly shut Aaron down or at least make him pay for his belligerence. I love this website, but its playing field should be kept level. If someone acts like a butthole, he deserves to be treated like one. Aaron dishes it out, but whines to Papa whenever it's dished back. What happened to equality? Does it only apply to those who play the race-card? I thought that was one element of corruption we always stood against around here. Just my two cents. :thumbup:
Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:47 am
@aaronssongs,
Quote:
They've chosen this tactic because they can't control Aaron, and feel they can't ban him, because he's whined about being racially discriminated against.
Control I will or he will be gone. He gets two more chances then he's out for good. He can pull what ever card he likes, this is not a democracy.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:12 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;30367 wrote:
Control I will or he will be gone. He gets two more chances then he's out for good. He can pull what ever card he likes, this is not a democracy.

:thumbup: Hooaaah.:thumbup:

And don't forget, D-Man, that you're a minority, too, which means, when Aaron throws down the race-card, you can throw it down, too, to cancel him out. You gotta fight with all your weapons. I wish I weren't Anglo. Man, if I had some sort of minority status, I WOULD KICK SOME SERIOUS BUTT. Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:25 am
@aaronssongs,
That's why the race card don't work with me. I made myself, through what ever oppression he thinks there is. I notice how Aarons topic always centers around blacks. Sounds racist to me. If he were for real equality i would think it would be for all minoritys not just his race. I've never heard him defend Asians? Wonder if it's because they are smart, or they don't need help? We should bring all minority's up to the black race and then we can take on whitey, LOL.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:42 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30361 wrote:
This is my take on the situation: Aaron is extremely obnoxious and rude, but habitually plays the race-card. By so doing, he's made the moderators a bit nervous, and they're now spring-loaded to silence those who bite Aaron back, when he gets nasty. They've chosen this tactic because they can't control Aaron, and feel they can't ban him, because he's whined about being racially discriminated against. So, the easiest way to solve the 'Aaron problem' is to apply pressure on the 'easy targets', e.g., those of us who can most deftly shut Aaron down or at least make him pay for his belligerence. I love this website, but its playing field should be kept level. If someone acts like a butthole, he deserves to be treated like one. Aaron dishes it out, but whines to Papa whenever it's dished back. What happened to equality? Does it only apply to those who play the race-card? I thought that was one element of corruption we always stood against around here. Just my two cents. :thumbup:

Oh, now the aggressors are playing the victim. I'm no more obnoxious and rude than the lot of you have been, even less so...but so as not to get into a "pissing contest" that you seem to be so fond of doing...let's stay to the point.
Race would never be brought up, if others wouldn't make it an issue...but since that is a vehicle to slur with, many of you play the race card when it suits you.
I need silencing? I make people nervous? I need controlling?
My, how did I get to be so powerful, and the source of fear?
You give me credit I'm not due.
What you are afraid of, is someone expressing "their truth", which oftimes conflicts with your beliefs and stereotypes, and feels uncomfortable.
Grow up and deal with it...
Why have I had to adjust to a world dominated by "white people" (just reality, again...deal with it), who refuse to ever leave their little boxes to find out how others live and feel? Because you don't care...all you care about is yourselves...but "for show" , you pay a lot of lip service to make people think that you're not racist... that you believe in the doctrine of the Declaration of Independence, where all men are "supposed" to be equal (except you don't really believe that)...but you don't want to be seen as not embracing American ideals.....how Un-American. How hypocritical. How pointless.

Now you're an "easy" target for me? Forget you. You are not that important, although you think you are...I have other important stuff going on in my life, some of which I've foolishly shared with you (and have been called "a liar" over)
You can't even acknowledge the good or the meaningful that others do, because the truth of the matter is you are not doing anything "good or meaningful"....which is sad, but entirely your own fault. Don't blame others for what you're not doing.

Well, I'm hanging by a proverbial thread, not mostly behind anything that I have said, but mostly behind what I represent..." a threat"...a black man, gay at that, who can intelligently express ideas and concepts, and use the English language masterfully. Well, to that I say...deal with it. Not my issue.
Now who's whining? And crying "foul'? And a little while ago, so full of bluster and manliness.
If I had lesser sensibilities, or lacked confidence, I might be offended by being called "a butthole"...but I point it out to illustrate my assertion that I can be attacked, but I am not allowed to defend against attacks, without the threat of being banned...so, I wind up, essentially, a pinata.
Well, forgive me, but my mama didn't raise no fool...so I give it back to you, and you don't like it.
Well, some things, like honor, are worth fighting for....even if it results in banishment....one thing...if I go, you'll know I've been here. And that's something.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:47 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;30367 wrote:

Is that a veiled threat? Or are you just happy to see me? LOL
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:48 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30384 wrote:
:thumbup: Hooaaah.:thumbup:

And don't forget, D-Man, that you're a minority, too, which means, when Aaron throws down the race-card, you can throw it down, too, to cancel him out. You gotta fight with all your weapons. I wish I weren't Anglo. Man, if I had some sort of minority status, I WOULD KICK SOME SERIOUS BUTT. Very Happy

LOLOLOL
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
@aaronssongs,
It's the internet Pino you can be a black lass if you want to and no one will no the difference but you.