I have returned

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 08:21 pm
Greetings,
I must say, so much has happened since I was unceremoniously removed from the boards (reportedly, by my own hand....or mouth...or thought...pick one).
But my exile is over...and I've missed you (really I have...cross my heart!)
Let's see if I can catch back up and summarily deal with ignorance and intolerance (within the confines of the rules, of course)...but hey, gotta stand on principles, 'cause if you don't have any, what do you really have? That being said,......I'll try. Aaron
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,919 • Replies: 103
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 09:22 pm
@aaronssongs,
Welcome back, hopefully your stay this time will be a little longer. Who knows, next time it might be permanent? I'll try to not be so critical myself.
briansol

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:12 pm
@aaronssongs,
just remember to debate the issue, and not the person above you.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 12:52 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;27828 wrote:
Welcome back, hopefully your stay this time will be a little longer. Who knows, next time it might be permanent? I'll try to not be so critical myself.

Hmmmm, if I weren't aware of your M.O., I might perceive that as a "not-so-veiled" threat. Don't hurt yourself by stepping outside of your "comfort zone"...for little ol' me.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 07:57 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;27838 wrote:
Hmmmm, if I weren't aware of your M.O., I might perceive that as a "not-so-veiled" threat. Don't hurt yourself by stepping outside of your "comfort zone"...for little ol' me.
Quote:
Hmmmm, if I weren't aware of your M.O., I might perceive that as a "not-so-veiled" threat.
Take it as you will. Habitual offenders and spammers tend to get ousted perminentely. With our recent influx, it seems to be getting stricter not more lax. I like argueing with you, i can't do that if your gone. So lets call it some friendly advice?
Quote:
Don't hurt yourself by stepping outside of your "comfort zone"...for little ol' me
The longer your stay the more you will find "I love stepping out."
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:23 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;27848 wrote:
Take it as you will. Habitual offenders and spammers tend to get ousted perminentely. With our recent influx, it seems to be getting stricter not more lax. I like argueing with you, i can't do that if your gone. So lets call it some friendly advice?The longer your stay the more you will find "I love stepping out."

Still having problems with spelling, I see (permanently & arguing). Oh, and now I'm a spammer... and let's call it friendly "unsolicited" advice, shall we? My, we certainly have such contempt for the poor horse, that we have to beat it to death. I recognize that someone (who had no idea of what they were doing), gave you the authority to delete folks who didn't subscribe to your way of thinking....step out all you want to...but even you must be held accountable.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 03:48 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;27883 wrote:
Still having problems with spelling, I see (permanently & arguing). Oh, and now I'm a spammer... and let's call it friendly "unsolicited" advice, shall we? My, we certainly have such contempt for the poor horse, that we have to beat it to death. I recognize that someone (who had no idea of what they were doing), gave you the authority to delete folks who didn't subscribe to your way of thinking....step out all you want to...but even you must be held accountable.
Quote:
Still having problems with spelling, I see (permanently & arguing).

Always, and look for more to some, LOL.
Quote:
Oh, and now I'm a spammer... and let's call it friendly "unsolicited" advice, shall we?
Didn't you see habitual in front?
Quote:
My, we certainly have such contempt for the poor horse, that we have to beat it to death.
Death is the only thing to look forward too.
Quote:
I recognize that someone (who had no idea of what they were doing), gave you the authority to delete folks who didn't subscribe to your way of thinking....step out all you want to...but even you must be held accountable.
You go!!!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 06:26 pm
@aaronssongs,
Welcome back. Help us revive GW's image.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 06:30 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;27915 wrote:
Welcome back. Help us revive GW's image.

Huh? Why would you give me a Herculean task (meaning "impossible")... Even if I thought he deserved reviving (which I don't), I wouldn't do it, because I don't care for him as a person.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 07:38 pm
@aaronssongs,
?

do you know him personally?

I would interject the you don't like who you perceive him to be as a person, and with the way the slanted media portrays him I don't think anybody would.
Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 08:22 pm
@aaronssongs,
What in the world do you know about GW as a person, Aaron?
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 08:53 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;27932 wrote:
What in the world do you know about GW as a person, Aaron?

What? You don't think his public persona, his umpteen news conferences, his speech patterns and mannerisms, and most telling, his decision making , don't give insight to who and what he is as a person? I know the rudiments of psychology and am able to discern someone as "readable" as George W. Bush. Puh-leeze!
My, my, my....folks getting a little 'testy' when you talk about Georgie Porgie, don't they.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 09:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;27929 wrote:
?

I would interject the you don't like who you perceive him to be as a person, and with the way the slanted media portrays him I don't think anybody would.

No, I don't know him, personally. Can't say that if I had the opportunity, I'd seize upon it....I'm from Texas, the state he was governor over....and you'd think that once...once he'd pardon one single solitary person on death row...not Carla Tucker, not Gary Graham...not one human soul...I think that is an atrocious track record, and a clear sign the man does not possess a conscience or a heart.....Ah, but he can commute Scooter Libby's sentence, for perjury, no less...the self same crime Bill Clinton was impeached over.
You people who support him have not a single leg to stand upon...hypocrisy is written all over this man. It's the biggest joke, if it only weren't such a sad statement against the rule of law, ethics, and common decency.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 12:27 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;27929 wrote:
?

I don't think the media needs to add any slant to expose his douchebaggery, he does quite well on his own.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 01:36 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;27947 wrote:
I don't think the media needs to add any slant to expose his douchebaggery, he does quite well on his own.

92b16vx,
Can you believe it? Like it's the media's fault that his poll numbers are so low.
People....regular people now see for themselves that "the emperor has on no clothes"...and it looks quite hideous. The media needed to expose the truth, sooner than now...but for the most part, they've been in the pocket of the administration....talk about a slant to the left...it's mostly been to the right.
There's a reason we don't see pictures of dead Americans in and returning from Iraq...the war would stop tomorrow, if we did. But war is ugly ain't it? We shouldn't have to see it up close and personal, should we? We might not fight it...and that would surely put a crimp in somebody's style (not naming any names...but I'm thinking Halib.....)
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 01:37 am
@aaronssongs,
Yep....like Elton John sang....The Bitch is back.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 07:39 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;27933 wrote:
What? You don't think his public persona, his umpteen news conferences, his speech patterns and mannerisms, and most telling, his decision making , don't give insight to who and what he is as a person? I know the rudiments of psychology and am able to discern someone as "readable" as George W. Bush. Puh-leeze!
My, my, my....folks getting a little 'testy' when you talk about Georgie Porgie, don't they.
Only one being testy is you.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 07:42 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;27953 wrote:
Yep....like Elton John sang....The Bitch is back.

You and elton have a lot in common huh?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 10:29 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;27917 wrote:
Huh? Why would you give me a Herculean task (meaning "impossible")... Even if I thought he deserved reviving (which I don't), I wouldn't do it, because I don't care for him as a person.

Traitor. I suppose you worship Skag Hillary and the rest of the Clinton Mafia. Don't you know people like you are considered illegals in Texas?

:no:
92b16vx

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 10:40 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;27988 wrote:
Traitor. I suppose you worship Skag Hillary and the rest of the Clinton Mafia. Don't you know people like you are considered illegals in Texas?

:no:

So now if you don't support the bumbling douchebag you're a traitor? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You mean the same bumbling douchebag that was going to give anmesty to 12 million criminals? HAHAHAHAHAHA, and you call her a traitor?