• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,263 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 10:18 am
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22168 wrote:

Because a Book comes out later that the real event, this does not automatically mean the story was stolen. I would also point out that the Bible is far more detailed than any of these other stories. And I would have to say if the author of the Bible could write such a popular Book as the Bible, I'm sure
if the story was untrue he would of come up with a better story. The fact is, the story was repeated, because the story was true.
One Man Clan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:25 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;23153 wrote:
Because a Book comes out later that the real event, this does not automatically mean the story was stolen. I would also point out that the Bible is far more detailed than any of these other stories. And I would have to say if the author of the Bible could write such a popular Book as the Bible, I'm sure
if the story was untrue he would of come up with a better story. The fact is, the story was repeated, because the story was true.

Is it the same for Islam?

I love it when people use this argument, so I can slap them in the face with a Qu'ran.

Usually, that also requires raping a muslim woman and taking it from her, but it's all worth it.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:37 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;23812 wrote:

I love it when people use this argument, so I can slap them in the face with a Qu'ran.

Usually, that also requires raping a muslim woman and taking it from her, but it's all worth it.

ZOMG!!! Don't you know that the bible is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!?!?! Stop questioning it, have faith, and everything will be ok, except when it's not, and even then you can just blame it on "gods will".
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:52 pm
@One Man Clan,

You may have a Quran, but the Bible has prophecy. The Bible fortells the future before it happens Islam does not. And remember, only God knows the future. So if the prophecies in the Bible prove that God authored it, what proof does Islam offer?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:39 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22168 wrote:

This is why the Bible should not be interpreted literally. Personally, I believe these symbolic events and stories are paradigms of divine teaching. That's right -- God teaches critical lessons to Man through them. That's why they're so common, and that's how they found their way into the Bible. As I've said all along -- the Bible is not history or science. It's religious literature, and yes, literature is important.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:28 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24168 wrote:
This is why the Bible should not be interpreted literally. Personally, I believe these symbolic events and stories are paradigms of divine teaching. That's right -- God teaches critical lessons to Man through them. That's why they're so common, and that's how they found their way into the Bible. As I've said all along -- the Bible is not history or science. It's religious literature, and yes, literature is important.

If the Bible is just a Book of make believe stories, why now are they finding strong evidence showing that these stories really did happen? Such as the Red Sea Crossing. Divers are now finding the coral encrusted remnants of pharoahs army, and they are finding them between two granit pillars that were erected there to mark the spot thousands of years ago.

God does not need make believe stories, nor is God a liar. God makes His point with the truth. The critical lesson God is teaching is with the truth, and it is man who works to deny that truth.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:39 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24240 wrote:
If the Bible is just a Book of make believe stories, why now are they finding strong evidence showing that these stories really did happen? Such as the Red Sea Crossing. Divers are now finding the coral encrusted remnants of pharoahs army, and they are finding them between two granit pillars that were erected there to mark the spot thousands of years ago.

God does not need make believe stories, nor is God a liar. God makes His point with the truth. The critical lesson God is teaching is with the truth, and it is man who works to deny that truth.

But Truth is Truth. Truth doesn't need to be contained strictly in a relatively small library of books created by one or two specific tribes of people. The Holy Spirit ranges out amongst all humankind, and infuses the willing with its power and glory. The power of God and His Son, Jesus Christ, works its magic in ways we'll never understand completely. And the stories in the Bible aren't necessarily 'make-believe'. They are metaphors for the standard fight of all good people against Evil. How often have you dwelled in the belly of the beast? How many floods, destructive of Truth, have you experienced and survived? How often have you seen the Truth dragged out in public view and murdered by corrupt mobs determined to do wrong? This is life. This is our common plight.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 10:16 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24242 wrote:
But Truth is Truth. Truth doesn't need to be contained strictly in a relatively small library of books created by one or two specific tribes of people. The Holy Spirit ranges out amongst all humankind, and infuses the willing with its power and glory. The power of God and His Son, Jesus Christ, works its magic in ways we'll never understand completely. And the stories in the Bible aren't necessarily 'make-believe'. They are metaphors for the standard fight of all good people against Evil. How often have you dwelled in the belly of the beast? How many floods, destructive of Truth, have you experienced and survived? How often have you seen the Truth dragged out in public view and murdered by corrupt mobs determined to do wrong? This is life. This is our common plight.

Yet, it is only the truth found in the Bible that will give a man eternal life.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 10:54 am
@STNGfan,
I wonder if, two thousand years from now, they will think the same of Shakespear as they do of the Bible today? Or perhaps a better choice would be L. Ron Hubbard? Or perhaps Ann Landers?
Campbell34

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:09 pm
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;24250 wrote:
I wonder if, two thousand years from now, they will think the same of Shakespear as they do of the Bible today? Or perhaps a better choice would be L. Ron Hubbard? Or perhaps Ann Landers?

Shakespear, L. Ron Hubbard, Ann Landers did not fulfill the three hundred prophecies of the Old Testament. Jesus Christ did. And this world will not see another 2,000 years because the Bible tells us when the Jews return to their land of Israel, and retake Jerusalem, it will be that generation that will see the return of Jesus Christ.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:21 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24329 wrote:
Shakespear, L. Ron Hubbard, Ann Landers did not fulfill the three hundred prophecies of the Old Testament. Jesus Christ did. And this world will not see another 2,000 years because the Bible tells us when the Jews return to their land of Israel, and retake Jerusalem, it will be that generation that will see the return of Jesus Christ.

Shouldn't he have already come back then?

And Nostrodomus said a LOT of things that have been construed to have come true, some would say...more then the bible. Maybe he was jesus.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:36 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;24338 wrote:
Shouldn't he have already come back then?

And Nostrodomus said a LOT of things that have been construed to have come true, some would say...more then the bible. Maybe he was jesus.

According to the prophecy the generation that sees the beginning of these things will not pass away until all end prophecies be fulfilled. The beginning of these things happened when Israel became a nation back in 1948. Jerusalem was retaken in 1967. According to the Scriptures there will still be people alive who were born in 1948, when Christ returns. The rise of the Islamic nations is another part of the prophecy, and if you look further, America is involved with the prophecies as well. The Bible is far more advanced and plain to understand than Nostrodomus, and he got some of his information from the Bible, and the occult anyway.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 11:08 am
@One Man Clan,

Islam disproves its own truth-value by committing barbaric acts in the modern age. Yeah....it's all very subjective. If you can't believe in Christianity, nobody can or should try to change your mind. To each his own.
0 Replies