10 things you know you are dealing with an extremist christian

STNGfan

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 02:13 pm
TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE AN EXTREMIST CHRISTIAN

10- You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

9- You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt

8- You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Trinity god

7- Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women, children, and trees!

6- You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5- You are willing to spend your life looking for little loop-holes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.

4- You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects -- will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".

3- While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to prove Christianity.

2- You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1- You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history -- but still call yourself a Christian
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 928 • Replies: 9
No top replies

couchp

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 02:21 pm
@STNGfan,
F-----G 'A' Man' That must have took some time to think out!
And, you know what! You're right.
Don't forget quoting the Bible to suit! Looking forward to this one!
'Beware the Greatest I am' he's out there!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 03:28 pm
@STNGfan,
Boring.
0 Replies

chico

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 05:59 am
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22135 wrote:
TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE AN EXTREMIST CHRISTIAN

10- You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

They should not exist but God is righteous they let them live.....

9- You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt

'created from dirt'... thats not in the Bible.. Gen 2.7 'THEN THE LORD GOD FORMED MAN OF DUST FROM THE GROUND'.... I rather accept I came from the dust of the ground than descendant of King Kong... yak...

8- You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Trinity god

There is no trinity in the Bible... barking the wrong tree again... that is not Christian's belief.... that is false belief....

7- Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women, children, and trees!

Why should my face turn purple when our God and Allah does the same...

6- You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

'Impregnated Mary' thats not in the Bible, wrong words.... 'THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL COME UPON YOU AND THE POWER OF THE MOST HIGH WILL OVER SHADOW YOU'...

5- You are willing to spend your life looking for little loop-holes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.

They are scientist... we need mathematician to compute acurately the age of the Earth...

4- You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects -- will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".

That is not true, thats not in the Bible... God will judge men according to their works if they are not Christian.. God is righteous.. Sinners to hell and good to heaven. Rev 20.11 'AND I SAW THE DEAD, GREAT AND SMALL STANDING BEFORE THE THRONE AND BOOKS WERE OPENED. ALSO ANOTHER BOOK WAS OPENED, WHICH IS THE BOOK OF LIFE. AND THE DEAD WERE JUDGED BY WHAT WAS WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS, BY WHAT THEY HAD DONE'..

3- While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to prove Christianity.

Speaking of tongues w/out interpreter is not in the Bible..

2- You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

That has no basis.... hearsay....

1- You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history -- but still call yourself a Christian

You are barking on the wrong tree. They are not Christians. As Paul said to 2Timothy 4.3 STATES '...for the time is coming when people will not endure sound doctrines but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths...'
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:49 am
@STNGfan,
The sky is falling the sky is falling.
0 Replies

couchp

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:42 am
@STNGfan,
If we are quoting books, why not Aesops fables. Every one of the stories is relevant to life. Plus its probably older than the old testament.
And! children enjoy it just as much and learn because it does not preach!
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:25 am
@STNGfan,
I've seen this on some popular anti christian website before but you know it's all true.

Christians feel they don't have to accept other peoples ideas about God as being valid because they are right.

Reagaknight;22163 wrote:
Boring.

see? :-)

While all Religions lay claim to being the correct path, the Judea/Christian/Muslim religions are the only popular religions I can think of where not being a part of their "god club" earns you an automatic one way ticket to unspeakable tournament for eternity regardless of how you live your life.
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:52 am
@STNGfan,
Yes, it is rather boring. Anyone can come up with something like that, I could do it for atheists. And of course everyone here has taken lately to attacking Christians for percieved wrongs done by Christians in their lives when I don't care what you choose to believe as long as it doesn't involve being an asshole to me whenever I click on a thread. Christians feel that they don't have to accept other people's ideas as being valid to them because they have decided to cast their lot with Christianity. Go ahead and believe what you want to, just hear me out and I'll do the same for you, unless your views are hateful crap like this.
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:56 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;22278 wrote:
I've seen this on some popular anti christian website before but you know it's all true.

Christians feel they don't have to accept other peoples ideas about God as being valid because they are right.

And you believe we should accept ALL beliefs... because you believe your worldview is right ; )

Jesus said he is the ONLY way to enternal life. Therefore is Jesus telling the truth or is a he a liar.

What do you think?
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:31 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;22315 wrote:
And you believe we should accept ALL beliefs... because you believe your worldview is right ; )

Jesus said he is the ONLY way to enternal life. Therefore is Jesus telling the truth or is a he a liar.

What do you think?

Neither. Just a man with a belief.
0 Replies