Honor, adore and worship. Why?

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:08 am
Honor, adore and worship. Why?

If there were a God of any kind, He or She or It could not help being what it is.

Why then would anyone want to honor or adore or worship what cannot help but be what it is?

If you do then you may as well adore the sun or moon or that rock at your feet.

All of these including God cannot help but be as they are. All people by this definition would also be candidates for adoration, reverence and respect and worship.

Perhaps this is why one of the Jesus archetypes said, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

To give honor, adoration and worship then is very close to idol worship. Why then do you seek an idol? Do you have some kind of instinct that forces you to seek something to revere?

Would you like to be honored, adored and worshiped just for being what you cannot help being?

Why would you seek to honor, adore and worship anything or anyone?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,619 • Replies: 8
No top replies

theophilus cv

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:41 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;71948 wrote:
Why would you seek to honor, adore and worship anything or anyone?
I worship God because he created me. He might not have any choice about what he is but he can choose what he does
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:19 am
@theophilus cv,
theophilus;71949 wrote:
I worship God because he created me. He might not have any choice about what he is but he can choose what he does

You speak with such conviction on creator God.
Other than hear say or Bible say, all hear say and second hand information, what if anything concrete do you have to hang your definitive statements on?
Personal experience and communication perhaps?

Regards
DL
theophilus cv

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:05 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;71951 wrote:
Other than hear say or Bible say, all hear say and second hand information, what if anything concrete do you have to hang your definitive statements on?
Isn't the Bible enough? If you want evidence that the Bible is true read this:

http://www.conflictingviews.com/religion/christianity/israel-fulfillment-bible-prophecy-4826.html#post71952
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 06:40 am
@theophilus cv,
theophilus;71953 wrote:
Isn't the Bible enough? If you want evidence that the Bible is true read this:

http://www.conflictingviews.com/religion/christianity/israel-fulfillment-bible-prophecy-4826.html#post71952

To believe that the Bible is truth, you would have to believe in talking animals and a water walker who does not mind using genocide on innocent children and babies.

Do you believe in those?

As recall, you did not believe in the fiction of the Trinity.

Do you not cherry pick your Bible?

Regards
DL
theophilus cv

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:38 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;71962 wrote:
To believe that the Bible is truth, you would have to believe in talking animals and a water walker who does not mind using genocide on innocent children and babies.
If the evidence shows that the Bible is true you must believe whatever it says regardless of whether it seems reasonable to you.

Quote:
As recall, you did not believe in the fiction of the Trinity.

I don't know what it is you are recalling but I do believe in the Trinity.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 08:26 am
@theophilus cv,
Quote:
theophilus;71969 wrote:
If the evidence shows that the Bible is true you must believe whatever it says regardless of whether it seems reasonable to you.

Evidence? There has never been evidence.

I thought you had some intelligence but if you will just accept something that is not reasonable as a fact then it is impossible to discuss much.

If you can hide behind talking animals in discussions, will you allow me to win arguments based on my flying pig?

Quote:
I don't know what it is you are recalling but I do believe in the Trinity.
theophilus cv

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 11:26 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;71971 wrote:
The Trinity must then consist of the God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, Jesus/God Nature and Jesus/Man Nature.

Is that not four distinct Natures?
The Trinity consists of God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, and Jesus, who is both God and man. The human and divine natures are united in him.

I don't fully understand the Trinity but I realize that God in infinite and I am finite so it isn't surprising that there will be some things about God that are beyond my comprehansion.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 12:59 am
@Greatest I am cv,
ignorance will not sustain you. why honor and adore, look, feel, jeez
0 Replies