• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,275 • Replies: 20
No top replies

bisurge

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 06:36 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
This thread is completely ironic and not a proper test at all for free will. "You will begin your response with the letter Y, if you recognize that you have free will." "If you agree with the reasoning and think the process here sound, then I invite you to give up your free will to mine, by simply replying to this thread with a brief response." Okay, I'm giving up my free will right now. However, if a person were to begin their post with a "Y", then they would have free will... but they have just given in to replying to your thread, which means they don't have free will.
Is this a joke?
YuhannaEl

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 08:13 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;69676 wrote:
This thread is completely ironic and not a proper test at all for free will. "You will begin your response with the letter Y, if you recognize that you have free will." "If you agree with the reasoning and think the process here sound, then I invite you to give up your free will to mine, by simply replying to this thread with a brief response." Okay, I'm giving up my free will right now. However, if a person were to begin their post with a "Y", then they would have free will... but they have just given in to replying to your thread, which means they don't have free will.
Is this a joke?

Just Answer The Post And Stop Trying To Tell People What To Say And How To Say It . 6Ether Ghost
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 01:12 pm
@bisurge,
bisurge;69676 wrote:
Is this a joke?

No. It is an exercise in free will.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

bisurge

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 05:50 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69711 wrote:
Just Answer The Post And Stop Trying To Tell People What To Say And How To Say It . 6Ether Ghost

I'm telling people what to say? Are you retarded? Do you understand English? Because all I did was tell the original poster what was wrong with this experiment.
YuhannaEl

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 07:18 pm
@bisurge,
bisurge;69716 wrote:
I'm telling people what to say? Are you retarded? Do you understand English? Because all I did was tell the original poster what was wrong with this experiment.

Let Me Say This Again **** Head , Go Sleep With Your Mother And Mine Your Business Overstand Is That Enought English For You .
bisurge

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 08:09 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69720 wrote:
Let Me Say This Again **** Head , Go Sleep With Your Mother And Mine Your Business Overstand Is That Enought English For You .

Don't turn to personal insults when I prove you wrong. That's just immature and sad.
YuhannaEl

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 07:20 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;69721 wrote:
Don't turn to personal insults when I prove you wrong. That's just immature and sad.

Speaking Of Being Immature And Adult Wouldn't Mine Other People Business Unless Your Looking For Attention Stay In Your Place. Walking Dead 6 Either
bisurge

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 08:57 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69741 wrote:
Speaking Of Being Immature And Adult Wouldn't Mine Other People Business Unless Your Looking For Attention Stay In Your Place. Walking Dead 6 Either

Yes, OBVIOUSLY, when someone posts a freaking THREAD in a forum, it's his OWN business and I have no right to reply to it.
It's not like this site is for Political & Religion DISCUSSION and DEBATE.
0 Replies

YuhannaEl

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 10:43 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69670 wrote:

Question ; What Is Will ?
bisurge

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:29 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69670 wrote:
Is this a definitive test for free will?

bisurge;69676 wrote:
Is this a joke?

I was answering his second question. "Is this a joke?" was not supposed to be rude, but rather a manifestation of "Is this a definitive test for free will?" to drive my point that it is not.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 08:33 am
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69747 wrote:
Question ; What Is Will ?

If I have to explain free will or freedom of choice to you then I do not have the time to walk you through this post.

Use your own definition and I will likely agree with it.

One thing though.
The free will or freedom of choice that God offers is ---do it my way or burn forever.

That is not free will. It is a threat.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 08:38 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;69749 wrote:
I was answering his second question. "Is this a joke?" was not supposed to be rude, but rather a manifestation of "Is this a definitive test for free will?" to drive my point that it is not.

Quote:
Originally stated by bisurge
Is this a joke?

I cannot agree with you.
Note your own words.

"given in to replying to your thread, which means they don't have free will."

Did they not choose to give in? Or not?

Regards
DL
YuhannaEl

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 09:14 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69752 wrote:
If I have to explain free will or freedom of choice to you then I do not have the time to walk you through this post.

Use your own definition and I will likely agree with it.

One thing though.
The free will or freedom of choice that God offers is ---do it my way or burn forever.

That is not free will. It is a threat.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Let See If I Overstand What Your Saying Here . You Asking About FreeWill / Freedom Of Choice According To The Scriptures Yes ?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:34 am
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69756 wrote:
Let See If I Overstand What Your Saying Here . You Asking About FreeWill / Freedom Of Choice According To The Scriptures Yes ?

Yep. Does it give freedom of choice or a threat?

Regards
DL
YuhannaEl

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:39 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69760 wrote:
Yep. Does it give freedom of choice or a threat?

Regards
DL

Both Meaning One Has The '' Will '' To Do Agreable Things Or The ''Will '' To Disagreeable Things .
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:43 am
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69761 wrote:
Both Meaning One Has The '' Will '' To Do Agreable Things Or The ''Will '' To Disagreeable Things .

Both?

Does a threat give unimpeded freedom to do as you wish or is it coercion?

If you tell your child that he is free to make his bed or not but if not, he is grounded. Are you really giving him a free choice?

Regards
DL
YuhannaEl

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:26 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69762 wrote:
Both?

Does a threat give unimpeded freedom to do as you wish or is it coercion?

If you tell your child that he is free to make his bed or not but if not, he is grounded. Are you really giving him a free choice?

Regards
DL

Like I Said Above He / She Has The Will To Do Both . Rather You Ground / Beat Him / Her Etc . Beating / Grounding . Forceing / Threating Him / Her Doesn't Mean They Want To Do It , What You Speaking Of Here Is Control !
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:31 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69765 wrote:
Like I Said Above He / She Has The Will To Do Both . Rather You Ground / Beat Him / Her Etc . Beating / Grounding . Forceing / Threating Him / Her Doesn't Mean They Want To Do It , What You Speaking Of Here Is Control !

Yes.

Your God is into control.

Not giving man free will.

My way or burn is quite good control.

Right?

Regards
DL
bisurge

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:45 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69753 wrote:
Quote:
Originally stated by bisurge
Is this a joke?

I cannot agree with you.
Note your own words.

"given in to replying to your thread, which means they don't have free will."

Did they not choose to give in? Or not?

Regards
DL

I was talking about that in relation to the conflict with the "if they start their post with Y" part. The Y part makes this an illegitimate test.
0 Replies