The vicarious redemption of Jesus would be immoral.

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:56 am
The vicarious redemption of Jesus would be immoral.

Song of God : Topical Guide : BLOOD ATONEMENT

We have all heard the arguments that justify the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins.

We are asked to believe that the death of an innocent man somehow absolves us of our responsibility for our sins and that this is good justice because it is his way of showing his great love for mankind.

This usurping of our responsibilities is happily accepted by believers and they thank God profusely for it and look forward to a clear path to heaven.

To them and God, it is then ok for all of us to earn heaven through the sacrifice and death of an innocent victim.

Yet whenever I ask the following question, I never get an affirmative reply that confirms this view.

Would you teach your child that it is ok for him/her, after doing some faux pas at school, to allow some other child to voluntarily accept his or her punishment?

Happily, no believer has yet indicated they would so they understand the morality of the question yet at the same time, say that it is quite ok for them to hide behind Jesus as he is punishment for their faux pas.

In other words, they tell their children to --do as I say and not as I do.

A double standard.

We seem to be asking our children to step up to their responsibilities while at the same time not stepping up ourselves to our own.

Why is it immoral to place our burden on a school mate, while at the same time, think it moral for us to ride freely to heaven on the death of Jesus?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 636 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Whatever cv

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 03:15 am
@Greatest I am cv,
God is nothing more than a man made tale used to help the ignorant explain their world around them and to be told how and what to do by the "interpreters" of this book.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:44 am
@Whatever cv,
Whatever!;69417 wrote:
God is nothing more than a man made tale used to help the ignorant explain their world around them and to be told how and what to do by the "interpreters" of this book.

He is man made for sure.

I think that early man just tacked on too many attributes for God.

The one I found is just a plain old cosmic consciousness.

It is not near as desirable as the miracle working absentee God of scripture.

Reality is just not up to fantasy. Oh well.

Regards
DL
Whatever cv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:30 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69436 wrote:
He is man made for sure.

I think that early man just tacked on too many attributes for God.

The one I found is just a plain old cosmic consciousness.

It is not near as desirable as the miracle working absentee God of scripture.

Reality is just not up to fantasy. Oh well.

Regards
DL

Cool. I can agree.
0 Replies