Think like Darwin. Are God and His works perfect?

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 03:06 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 696 • Replies: 10
No top replies

xexon

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 09:35 am
@Greatest I am cv,
The ability to judge anything is a human quality.

God does not have an opinion. Only we do.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 09:47 am
@xexon,
xexon;68766 wrote:
The ability to judge anything is a human quality.

God does not have an opinion. Only we do.

x

Exactly.

Then we say it came from God.

Strange eh?

Regards
DL
kouzhontaco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 03:54 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Strange how so many who do not know the LIVING GOD, profess him to be something beyond time and space/all existing/all knowing/creator of even the "Big Bang" itself.

Could it not be far more simple, yet hidden from so many because of their false sense of ego?

After all - Isn't the biblical Creation story simply the ancientmost documentation of the earliest viewpoint of the children of Israel? NOT to be taken so literally? Or should it be believed that humankind was somehow created from the incest of Adam and Eve's children?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:11 am
@kouzhontaco,
kouzhontaco;69189 wrote:
Strange how so many who do not know the LIVING GOD, profess him to be something beyond time and space/all existing/all knowing/creator of even the "Big Bang" itself.

Could it not be far more simple, yet hidden from so many because of their false sense of ego?

After all - Isn't the biblical Creation story simply the ancientmost documentation of the earliest viewpoint of the children of Israel? NOT to be taken so literally? Or should it be believed that humankind was somehow created from the incest of Adam and Eve's children?

It does get rather stupid doesn't it.

The Hebrew did not take their scriptures literally. The R C popes say to not read scripture literally and so do many of the myriad Christian churches, yet so many are foolish enough to do so.

I know that protestant sects do not care what the pope says but you would think that the R C community would listen to their own leadership.

The Bible helped lead me to the God I found but It is not the Bible God.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

synthy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 09:45 am
@Greatest I am cv,
The mono theistic gods have joined the entity debate only recently after zaroaster introduced the concept of dualism,before that it was paganism or multitude entity.
What changed in spiritual conception?
Is the law of evolution applicable to religion itself or is it influenced by human adaptation?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 01:55 am
@synthy,
synthy;69227 wrote:
The mono theistic gods have joined the entity debate only recently after zaroaster introduced the concept of dualism,before that it was paganism or multitude entity.
What changed in spiritual conception?
Is the law of evolution applicable to religion itself or is it influenced by human adaptation?

Both.

We know that religions evolve.
Take sacrifice. Once a necessity, now redundant.

To maintain the idea of a God as well as any leader of a people then it is logical to think that the buck stops somewhere and that that somewhere is at only one location or entity.
It is impossible to maintain the elusion of many all powerful Gods.
Someone must always win the battle.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

synthy

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 03:09 am
@Greatest I am cv,
In a mono theistic system many powerfull gods naturally wont work but are substituted by angels and even daemons or offspring.Sanctified prophets must be included as they get worship status.Sacrifice has been ritualised.
Where else,in a pre mono theistic system the distribution of resposibilities was quite successfull for at least as long as todays beliefs.
A god for crops a goddess for this or that.Often mimicing human social life.
Aegypt,Greece and Mesopotamia come to mind.Prior to that even right into the middle ages and still practiced in some tribal societies today,it was a spiritual world of mystical or even psychotropic realms.
Deep meditation,trance or shamanistic drug induced visions play a role.
Mysticism is still practiced in the main religions today.
Those old systems were mostly replaced by a violent war take over and a subsequent new ruler enforced the new system.Does this mean a god dies with social change and a successor takes over like in survival of the most successfull species?
There are paralells if one thinks like Darwin,which are intriguing.
Flare ups of pagan or ritualistic systems are every now and then intermingled with so called pseudo or new age trends.
I wont get into naming todays dominant religous sources as this will derail the discussion
and lead to rigtheous claims.
To me it is more a question of the developing changes in human belief systems.The obvious slow adaptability to modern day demands,might be the start of a completely new direction of human spiritual consciousness.Not yet but we have seen this through out history.4000 or 2000 years is actually not a long live span for any god entity unless the entity evolves or gets replaced.Rivals and the winners aside as they seem to come and go and are interchange able in the long term.
I hope this is not taken the wrong way as it is a phylosophical exchange.

If someone must always win the battle then war is godly,there goes the realm of peace and paradise,even that god will be slain according to the principle.Very much like chaos theory and pagan similarities.Or the eternal struggle in nature.Which to me does not look like a single entity system.

(not easy to say this in english)
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 02:12 am
@synthy,
synthy;69245 wrote:
In a mono theistic system many powerfull gods naturally wont work but are substituted by angels and even daemons or offspring.Sanctified prophets must be included as they get worship status.Sacrifice has been ritualised.
Where else,in a pre mono theistic system the distribution of resposibilities was quite successfull for at least as long as todays beliefs.
A god for crops a goddess for this or that.Often mimicing human social life.
Aegypt,Greece and Mesopotamia come to mind.Prior to that even right into the middle ages and still practiced in some tribal societies today,it was a spiritual world of mystical or even psychotropic realms.
Deep meditation,trance or shamanistic drug induced visions play a role.
Mysticism is still practiced in the main religions today.
Those old systems were mostly replaced by a violent war take over and a subsequent new ruler enforced the new system.Does this mean a god dies with social change and a successor takes over like in survival of the most successfull species?
There are paralells if one thinks like Darwin,which are intriguing.
Flare ups of pagan or ritualistic systems are every now and then intermingled with so called pseudo or new age trends.
I wont get into naming todays dominant religous sources as this will derail the discussion
and lead to rigtheous claims.
To me it is more a question of the developing changes in human belief systems.The obvious slow adaptability to modern day demands,might be the start of a completely new direction of human spiritual consciousness.Not yet but we have seen this through out history.4000 or 2000 years is actually not a long live span for any god entity unless the entity evolves or gets replaced.Rivals and the winners aside as they seem to come and go and are interchange able in the long term.
I hope this is not taken the wrong way as it is a phylosophical exchange.

If someone must always win the battle then war is godly,there goes the realm of peace and paradise,even that god will be slain according to the principle.Very much like chaos theory and pagan similarities.Or the eternal struggle in nature.Which to me does not look like a single entity system.

(not easy to say this in english)

In a sense you are right. War is Godly.
In evolution we can only cooperate/do good or compete/do evil.
Without both components evolution dies and if so, so do we.
In that sense war/compete is good and Godly.

Regards
DL
kouzhontaco

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 01:06 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
How can there be any doubt that thousands of years of human works for their convenience and supposed betterment - be anything but FAR from the actual reality of God/Angels?

How many percieve that they contain the "fruit of knowledge" which God sheltered Adam and Eve from...as well as all their descendents? Many indeed. But that knowledge was kept from many so they would be more contented with their existence and be more productive. How can they appreciate the shelter God has given them, if they do not realize it through that knowledge? Instead, they percieve the devastated as actually having LESS knowledge than themselves, because of their industrial/productive advantage. Should there occur a blend between industrial bliss and spiritual devastation? How can that be achieved? Or will it simply happen naturally?

Many of those who have what is referred to as "the knowledge of the greater understanding" are even in awe of the many who are in the dark. Who even view themselves as "Gods", yet are without even the most important perspectives. And who would freely GIVE such devastating and dangerous knowledge? I have seen it given to an individual who understood it, but not quite completely. He understood only enough to 'fast' himself to death.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 04:23 pm
@kouzhontaco,
kouzhontaco;69338 wrote:
How can there be any doubt that thousands of years of human works for their convenience and supposed betterment - be anything but FAR from the actual reality of God/Angels?

How many percieve that they contain the "fruit of knowledge" which God sheltered Adam and Eve from...as well as all their descendents? Many indeed. But that knowledge was kept from many so they would be more contented with their existence and be more productive.

ignorance is bliss
0 Replies