• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 657 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 06:25 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;68589 wrote:
As our knowledge of life has increased, Secular laws have evolved and improved as opposed to Religious laws that have been stagnant and fixed over time.

We call this a "double edged sword".

If you change it, then religious law is fallible. That means that the deity it is based upon is also fallible since one comes from the other.

Religion will be its own undoing. This is being seen in many places... hell, they can't even accept grade-level science due to their doctrine.

The more and more this persists, the more and more religion will stand as the odd man out, and ultimately be discarded.
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 12:46 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Are women, gays and slaves better served by secualarism or religion? By secualarism by far. Even the best religions make women 2ed class citizens. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 05:53 am
@thomascrosthwaite,
Secularism was born out of the enlightenment philosophy, the very philosophy that inspired the US constitution, so it's easy to see the strong influence of secularism in our government. Although this conflicts with people's desires to have their religions placed on a pedestal above all others. Take the protest of removing the 10 commandments from courthouses, for instance.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 06:02 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Yet all swear on the Bible.

I have no problem with our true God in court but I do have a problem with a God that thinks that genocide is good justice.

Regards
DL
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 10:38 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;68680 wrote:
Yet all swear on the Bible.

I have no problem with our true God in court but I do have a problem with a God that thinks that genocide is good justice.

Regards
DL

No one is required to swear on the bible, most people choose to swear on the bible. You can swear on the torah, the quran, or you can swear on a lawbook.
kynaston

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 10:34 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;68682 wrote:
No one is required to swear on the bible, most people choose to swear on the bible. You can swear on the torah, the quran, or you can swear on a lawbook.

The New Testament tells you, very directly, to swear not at all. Aren't believers weird!
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 01:26 am
@Greatest I am cv,
"Realigion will be its own undoing- they can't even accept grade level science due to their doctrine. I agree. This would have happen many years ago if it wasn't for indoctionation and isolation. This is why they want to control the schools, and have been somewhat successful. I believe that some preachers are honest and just don't know any better, while other are only interested in gainning power by any means possible including deception. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
0 Replies