• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 860 • Replies: 12
No top replies

xexon

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 09:58 am
@Greatest I am cv,
You're assuming that "God" is a being endowed with some very human faults, and, that the bible is the "word of God".

The God I see before me is a luminous sea of consciousness where anything is possible.

Specifics, are all in passing.

x
Grouch

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 11:07 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Considering that God is the potter, one would think he wouldn't make things he wasn't proud of.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 01:15 am
@Grouch,
Grouch;65844 wrote:
Considering that God is the potter, one would think he wouldn't make things he wasn't proud of.

Yet many see only broken pots around and no good ones.

So much for the faith of believers.

Regards
DL
Grouch

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 03:46 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;65860 wrote:
Yet many see only broken pots around and no good ones.

So much for the faith of believers.

Regards
DL

What man considers good, isn't what God considers good, each pot has a reason to be, and that reason makes it good. If you believe him to be an all powerful, all knowing being anyways.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 04:35 am
@Grouch,
Grouch;65868 wrote:
What man considers good, isn't what God considers good, each pot has a reason to be, and that reason makes it good. If you believe him to be an all powerful, all knowing being anyways.

I agree but like sin and evil, most do not see the benefits and purpose of these.

Even when I show, with scripture, the reason for sin and repentance they remain in their mind set.

It must be the brainwashing that sheeple get. Even with the R C, when I show them where the Pope says that the Bible is allegory, they still read it literally. Oh well.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 04:40 am
@xexon,
xexon;65842 wrote:
You're assuming that "God" is a being endowed with some very human faults, and, that the bible is the "word of God".

The God I see before me is a luminous sea of consciousness where anything is possible.

Specifics, are all in passing.

x

If anything were possible then he could make a sinless man. He has not.

If He could do miracles and does not and wants to be relevant to man then this would not happen and thousands of people would not starve to death daily.
To hold back miracle and not do something about this is immoral.

Starving Child Stalked by Vulture

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Grouch

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 01:15 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;65873 wrote:
I agree but like sin and evil, most do not see the benefits and purpose of these.

Even when I show, with scripture, the reason for sin and repentance they remain in their mind set.

It must be the brainwashing that sheeple get. Even with the R C, when I show them where the Pope says that the Bible is allegory, they still read it literally. Oh well.

Regards
DL

uhhhhh so whats the point of this thread. You're all over the place. :thumbdown:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 03:47 am
@Grouch,
Grouch;65892 wrote:
uhhhhh so whats the point of this thread. You're all over the place. :thumbdown:

Just wondering if this Christian view is universal.

The Christian way of seeing God is to see Him screwing up heaven with evil.
Strike one.
They then see God screwing up man's beginning in Eden.
Strike two.
They then see God cleaning house in Noah's day with Genocide and starting over.
Strike three.
They now wait for His return at end time to clean house yet again.
Strike four.

Strike four?

God plays by His own rules I guess.

You and I both know that this view must be false.

God gets things right the first time and every time.
This is why He has not and will not return. His perfect systems are here today the same way that they were here in the beginning. It is just to us to see it. I do. Even with sin and evil and woes, all is perfect and humming along exactly as God wants it to. I call it perfection in evolution.

Regards
DL
abbandonedallhope

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;65915 wrote:
Just wondering if this Christian view is universal.

The Christian way of seeing God is to see Him screwing up heaven with evil.
Strike one.
They then see God screwing up man's beginning in Eden.
Strike two.
They then see God cleaning house in Noah's day with Genocide and starting over.
Strike three.
They now wait for His return at end time to clean house yet again.
Strike four.

Strike four?

God plays by His own rules I guess.

You and I both know that this view must be false.

God gets things right the first time and every time.
This is why He has not and will not return. His perfect systems are here today the same way that they were here in the beginning. It is just to us to see it. I do. Even with sin and evil and woes, all is perfect and humming along exactly as God wants it to. I call it perfection in evolution.

Regards
DL

I have made this arguement many times my self. I am not a believer, and wont be any time soon. But even so i can see that things would not be the way they are if not for a reason. Call me grim if you may, but perhaps our destiny is only to destroy our selves so that some other creation may come about. Its not that far to think that if god gives us the animals to eat, he gives us sin to destroy our selves to serve an even greater purpose, hence why we humans cannont fully understand the will of god. It would be in our nature to want to go against his will, and continue existance, which in its self would be a paradox since gods will is infailiable and that would prove him failiable.
billcompugeek

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 05:31 am
@abbandonedallhope,
The Bible says that creation was good, and set in perfect order, however, it was man that left the first condition.

Heaven was never a place for the evil or wicked according to the Bible. The Bible does mention people being cast down from heaven, and even heaven being rearranged, but never heaven as being infested and permeated with the evil and the wicked. The Bible has always stated that heaven is not for the wicked, and the wicked do not go there.

The Bible never accuses the creator of destroying his creations since everyone is born into eternal existence. To everyone born they must die once and pass the physical body. The quality of someone's eternal life is said to be of heaven (life) or hell (death), depending on the life they make for themselves.

Source: Swedenborg
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 02:07 am
@abbandonedallhope,
abbandonedallhope;65959 wrote:
I have made this arguement many times my self. I am not a believer, and wont be any time soon. But even so i can see that things would not be the way they are if not for a reason. Call me grim if you may, but perhaps our destiny is only to destroy our selves so that some other creation may come about. Its not that far to think that if god gives us the animals to eat, he gives us sin to destroy our selves to serve an even greater purpose, hence why we humans cannont fully understand the will of god. It would be in our nature to want to go against his will, and continue existance, which in its self would be a paradox since gods will is infailiable and that would prove him failiable.

It is not so much that God cannot be understood, It is that too many speak for Him and all do not say the same thing.

The Bible and logic say that all we need know to know God is good and evil.
We just cannot define these terms while thinking of us and them.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 02:10 am
@billcompugeek,
billcompugeek;65971 wrote:
The Bible says that creation was good, and set in perfect order, however, it was man that left the first condition.

Heaven was never a place for the evil or wicked according to the Bible. The Bible does mention people being cast down from heaven, and even heaven being rearranged, but never heaven as being infested and permeated with the evil and the wicked. The Bible has always stated that heaven is not for the wicked, and the wicked do not go there.

The Bible never accuses the creator of destroying his creations since everyone is born into eternal existence. To everyone born they must die once and pass the physical body. The quality of someone's eternal life is said to be of heaven (life) or hell (death), depending on the life they make for themselves.

Source: Swedenborg

If you believe scripture then you cannot believe in a hell.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Unless of course you also believe that God's will can be thwarted.

Regards
DL
0 Replies