Should nuns do it.

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 11:48 pm
Should nuns do it.

On past occasions nuns have petitioned the Vatican to be raised from their subordinate position within the Church. At present the Vatican is having some problems in finding priests to replace an ever deepening hole in their ranks.

Would this be a good time for nuns to girdle their loins and have another crack at the Vatican. Would our new Pope have a kinder ear than the previous Popes? Is the Vatican ready to give the souls of nuns the same value as the souls of men or should it keep woman and nuns behind priests and silent?

If things are to be the same in heaven as on it is on earth, does that mean that they are also secondary souls in heaven. This concept sound more like Islam than Christianity.

Does God agree with this gender bias?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 894 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Numpty

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:47 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;62618 wrote:
Should nuns do it.

On past occasions nuns have petitioned the Vatican to be raised from their subordinate position within the Church. At present the Vatican is having some problems in finding priests to replace an ever deepening hole in their ranks.

Would this be a good time for nuns to girdle their loins and have another crack at the Vatican. Would our new Pope have a kinder ear than the previous Popes? Is the Vatican ready to give the souls of nuns the same value as the souls of men or should it keep woman and nuns behind priests and silent?

If things are to be the same in heaven as on it is on earth, does that mean that they are also secondary souls in heaven. This concept sound more like Islam than Christianity.

Regards
DL

When you wrote 'do it' your post wasn't what I expected. Wink
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:59 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;62619 wrote:
When you wrote 'do it' your post wasn't what I expected. Wink

Is that what made you forget your opinion?

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 07:01 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;62622 wrote:
Is that what made you forget your opinion?

Regards
DL

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So it would seem.

I think Nuns should definately 'do it'
0 Replies

Musky Hunter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 10:56 am
@Greatest I am cv,
In heaven it does not matter whether we are male or female, rich or poor, jew or gentile. I believe the same is true for Christs church on earth.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 11:58 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;62632 wrote:
In heaven it does not matter whether we are male or female, rich or poor, jew or gentile. I believe the same is true for Christs church on earth.

Let's hope the Vatican catches up with your thinking on earth. The nuns wait for equality.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 03:40 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Should nuns do it.

Regards
DL

No - they should be subordinate to men. That is the great master plan; to serve.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 03:58 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;62729 wrote:
No - they should be subordinate to men. That is the great master plan; to serve.

Who came up with this great plan and where did the authority to implement it come from?

I hope not from the one who used genocide against mankind. His plans are rather stupid.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 04:00 am
@Greatest I am cv,
A quick story, my first wife was a driven business woman but when there were tough decisions to be made, she buckled and came to me to take over. Her best choice was to serve, not to be served. Too late, she understood.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 04:29 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;62732 wrote:
A quick story, my first wife was a driven business woman but when there were tough decisions to be made, she buckled and came to me to take over. Her best choice was to serve, not to be served. Too late, she understood.

If one always runs to the teacher then one never learns to think for themselves.

Your wife fead your ego while hers was starving. To me this is not good.

If my wife shirked from growth then I would think that I made the wrong choice for a wife.

All children must grow up. Male or female.

Oh wait, I have to check with my husband before I post this. Women should not teach. Oh wait I am a man. I post now.

Regards
DL
physicistphilosopher

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 04:35 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Well, I too mistook your topic heading... haha

First off: Sex is good and babies are bad. Nuns should definitely do it, but ought to get some BCs before they do.

In response to the actual question: No they shouldn't. That would be a horridly unChristian thing to do! Asking for a status upgrade? Making something happen on your own? GASP. Can anyone say S I N F U L ?

Meanwhile, sex is good and babies are bad.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2008 01:50 am
@physicistphilosopher,
physicistphilosopher;62833 wrote:
Well, I too mistook your topic heading... haha

First off: Sex is good and babies are bad. Nuns should definitely do it, but ought to get some BCs before they do.

In response to the actual question: No they shouldn't. That would be a horridly unChristian thing to do! Asking for a status upgrade? Making something happen on your own? GASP. Can anyone say S I N F U L ?

Meanwhile, sex is good and babies are bad.

I hope your response to the actual question was tong in cheek, otherwise the respect I gave previously is rescinded.

Regards
DL
physicistphilosopher

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:42 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;62839 wrote:
I hope your response to the actual question was tong in cheek, otherwise the respect I gave previously is rescinded.

Regards
DL

Wouldst thou care to explain my deficiency, and perhaps rescind your argument from intimidation while you are at it?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:49 pm
@physicistphilosopher,
physicistphilosopher;62877 wrote:
Wouldst thou care to explain my deficiency, and perhaps rescind your argument from intimidation while you are at it?

I wouldst expand.

I did not think I could intimidated any one from here. I can only be as intimidating as your ignore button. Words cannot intimidate without physical power. How can I intimidate your mind through word. I do not believe that this is possible unless you allow it.

Back to the topic.

You wrote;
"In response to the actual question: No they shouldn't. That would be a horridly unChristian thing to do! Asking for a status upgrade? Making something happen on your own? GASP. Can anyone say S I N F U L ?"

Am I to understand from this, that you believe the Church correct in maintaining it's current discrimination of nuns and by this example, women in in general?

Regards
DL
physicistphilosopher

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 02:43 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;62896 wrote:
I wouldst expand.

I did not think I could intimidated any one from here. I can only be as intimidating as your ignore button. Words cannot intimidate without physical power. How can I intimidate your mind through word. I do not believe that this is possible unless you allow it.

Back to the topic.

You wrote;
"In response to the actual question: No they shouldn't. That would be a horridly unChristian thing to do! Asking for a status upgrade? Making something happen on your own? GASP. Can anyone say S I N F U L ?"

Am I to understand from this, that you believe the Church correct in maintaining it's current discrimination of nuns and by this example, women in in general?

Regards
DL

I don't think that the Church is correct in much of anything, including its own existance. But to stand true to their own dogma, nuns should not request status upgrades or seek to improve their own situation. It's a Will of God thing, a true Christian, when picking up a salt or pepper shaker (and not knowing the contents) violates his/her own religion by shaking a bit out or smelling it to determine what it is... If God wills you to have salt, then you shalt have it! This has very little if anything to do with chauvanism or sexism.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 03:51 am
@physicistphilosopher,
physicistphilosopher;62901 wrote:
I don't think that the Church is correct in much of anything, including its own existance. But to stand true to their own dogma, nuns should not request status upgrades or seek to improve their own situation. It's a Will of God thing, a true Christian, when picking up a salt or pepper shaker (and not knowing the contents) violates his/her own religion by shaking a bit out or smelling it to determine what it is... If God wills you to have salt, then you shalt have it! This has very little if anything to do with chauvanism or sexism.

Yes but my question is to you, not the church.

Do you believe that woman should have equality with man or not.

I would suspect not, since you appear to hide your answer.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

physicistphilosopher

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:06 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Should nuns do it.

Regards
DL

First of all, my answer was not hidden in any sense or fashion. Since the need for some hand holding through rather straightforward thinking is evident, here we go:

The nuns germane to your question clearly have two roles (at the LEAST): the role of nun, or bride of Christ, and the role of woman. For the sake of simplicity I am going to bracket other roles such as daughter, sister, aunt, friend, citizen, consumer, etc.

When a woman takes the vows of nunhood (wd?) she DEDICATES her LIFE to the service of Christ, whether that be a monastic vow or an active service vow. The nature of the commitment to nunhood requires that it be a number one priority. Total dedication and service to the teachings of Christ and his chief agent on earth, the papacy.

The teachings of the Tent-Maker explicitly require second class citizenship for women. Do I agree with this position? Certainly not, but pointing out a flaw in the church, as I had done before, in NO WAY entails that I endorse that position. Rather, from the perspective of the dogma that those in religious sisterhood must needs subscribe to, it is clear that they cannot remain true to their beliefs and pursue the course of action posited in the initial question.

The taking of hard core religious vows preempts and nulls any cry for equality. The Bible, whether taken literally or not, is the chief source of authority in the various Christian traditions. I cannot think of one book less morally sound than the Bible. Not one (A loving god who advocates genocide, rape, rejects science, teaches people to despise themselves, teaches people to abdicate rational thought, ad infinitum). How could a worldview so rooted in immoral conduct (Is the Inquisition any different from the Gestapo?) possibly allow for the elimination of gender bias?

This is the worldview these women signed up for. If they can make something positive happen for themselves and their status then g o o d f o r t h e m. But it WILL NOT be the Christian thing to do i n a n y s e n s e.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:53 pm
@physicistphilosopher,
physicistphilosopher;62912 wrote:
First of all, my answer was not hidden in any sense or fashion. Since the need for some hand holding through rather straightforward thinking is evident, here we go:

The nuns germane to your question clearly have two roles (at the LEAST): the role of nun, or bride of Christ, and the role of woman. For the sake of simplicity I am going to bracket other roles such as daughter, sister, aunt, friend, citizen, consumer, etc.

When a woman takes the vows of nunhood (wd?) she DEDICATES her LIFE to the service of Christ, whether that be a monastic vow or an active service vow. The nature of the commitment to nunhood requires that it be a number one priority. Total dedication and service to the teachings of Christ and his chief agent on earth, the papacy.

The teachings of the Tent-Maker explicitly require second class citizenship for women. Do I agree with this position? Certainly not, but pointing out a flaw in the church, as I had done before, in NO WAY entails that I endorse that position. Rather, from the perspective of the dogma that those in religious sisterhood must needs subscribe to, it is clear that they cannot remain true to their beliefs and pursue the course of action posited in the initial question.

The taking of hard core religious vows preempts and nulls any cry for equality. The Bible, whether taken literally or not, is the chief source of authority in the various Christian traditions. I cannot think of one book less morally sound than the Bible. Not one (A loving god who advocates genocide, rape, rejects science, teaches people to despise themselves, teaches people to abdicate rational thought, ad infinitum). How could a worldview so rooted in immoral conduct (Is the Inquisition any different from the Gestapo?) possibly allow for the elimination of gender bias?

This is the worldview these women signed up for. If they can make something positive happen for themselves and their status then g o o d f o r t h e m. But it WILL NOT be the Christian thing to do i n a n y s e n s e.

Thanks for this.

I was just looking to see if you believed in equality of the sexes. I seems you do.

I did not mean to hang the question just on nuns. Perhaps I should have been clearer in the OP.

Your back on my OK list.

Regards
DL
0 Replies