God is evil if He has miracles and does not use them.

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 09:50 pm
God is evil if He has miracles and does not use them.

Many think that God can work miracles.

Looking about the world today many see evil happening everywhere. Children starving as the highest evil, all of us sinning as a lower evil.

I suggest that if a miracle working God is in existence and does nothing then He is acting in an immoral way. He should not be followed.

Debate.

Is God moral or immoral for allowing the world to just go along in evil?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 615 • Replies: 4
No top replies

marcus cv

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:50 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Probably you want to discuss the problem of suffering?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 06:25 am
@marcus cv,
marcus;62020 wrote:
Probably you want to discuss the problem of suffering?

Yes and No.

The morality of God. I think I used the words moral and immoral in the OP??

Regards
DL
marcus cv

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 06:14 am
@Greatest I am cv,
I think that overall your theology is aligned with the Process Theology. It is quite modern believe that God chose to surrender divine attributes, and once he become a man, he takes man attributes. In other words, God can be surprised and influenced by our action. As many modern theologies it is the intent to make God [SIZE="1"]small[/SIZE], and man [SIZE="7"]big[/SIZE]. What do you think?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 10:49 pm
@marcus cv,
marcus;62137 wrote:
I think that overall your theology is aligned with the Process Theology. It is quite modern believe that God chose to surrender divine attributes, and once he become a man, he takes man attributes. In other words, God can be surprised and influenced by our action. As many modern theologies it is the intent to make God [SIZE="1"]small[/SIZE], and man [SIZE="7"]big[/SIZE]. What do you think?

God, the word itself is a title. Man decides how big or small the king or leader or his social group will be and what importance he will give to that position.

Same thing with the spiritual God. Man is the one who decides what attributes He will be given.

Who else is there that can, other than God Himself, and He is silent.

Who should set mans attributes other than man?
Who else knows man like man does?
God perhaps, but only those with access to Him can learn and interpret.

Any today that claim access are designated crazy so where do we go in the future for guidance on what God is saying. We are killing or ignoring His messengers.

Regards
DL
0 Replies