Jesus/God sacrifices to Jesus/God. This is not a sacrifice, it is penance for sin.

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 12:33 am
Jesus/God sacrifices to Jesus/God. This is not a sacrifice, it is penance for sin.

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
(New Testament | Hebrews5:8)

Yes, even though Jesus was perfect, he was still able to learn, and grow. One way to define perfect would be a being who eternally progresses. Perfection then is always in evolution.
Suffering comes from sin.

Sacrifice is done for or to God.

If Jesus/God sacrifices to or for himself as God then I submit that this is not a sacrifice.

If you were to sacrifice something to yourself, where is the sacrifice? All you have done is transferred something from your right hand to your left. In other words, no sacrifice at all.

If Jesus was doing anything with his death, it would then have been atonement for his sins.

We all learn from our mistakes and sins.
Thank God Eve chose to eat of the tree of knowledge or we could not learn as Jesus did.

Was the death of Jesus a penance or an atonement for his sins?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 708 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 08:27 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Any sacrifice at all seems totally unnecessary and arbitrary. Why would an omnipotent god need a sacrifice to forgive mankind?
mako cv

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:37 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Christians want us to believe that god had to sacrifice himself to himself so that he wouldn't condemn his most beloved creations to eternal torment...now that is what you can call "Amazing Grace"...LOL :patriot:
0 Replies

dattaswami cv

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:50 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;63866 wrote:

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
(New Testament | Hebrews5:8)

Yes, even though Jesus was perfect, he was s.........

If Jesus/God sacrifices to or for himself as God t...........ement for his sins?

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 07:01 pm
@dattaswami cv,
You don't learn do you?

Evidence please
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 09:19 pm
@dattaswami cv,
dattaswami;64143 wrote:

Then we should have a miracle worker here and now.
We do not.

Reincarnation is hogwash unless you have some evidence of it.

If we are in God's image then we can understand Him if we can understand ourselves. We can.

We have all eaten of the tree of knowledge of good and evil that leads to understanding ourselves and God.

Only the mentally lazy have not and hide truth behind-God works in mysterious ways-and ,-God cannot be understood. Come back when you are not so mentally lazy.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 09:22 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;64147 wrote:
You don't learn do you?

Evidence please

Is that an open statement for all here?
Eh, there is a quote function.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

dattaswami cv

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 01:48 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;64149 wrote:
Then we should have a miracle worker here and now.
We do not.

Reincarnation is hogwash unless you have some evidence of it.

If we are in God's image then we can understand Him if we can understand ourselves. We can.

We have all eaten of the tree of knowledge of good and evil that leads to understanding ourselves and God.

Only the mentally lazy have not and hide truth behind-God works in mysterious ways-and ,-God cannot be understood. Come back when you are not so mentally lazy.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 01:59 am
@dattaswami cv,
dattaswami;64157 wrote:
[

God being the generator of space QUOTE]

How do you know this?

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 03:04 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;64160 wrote:
dattaswami;64157 wrote:
[

How do you know this?

Regards
DL

He doesn't, I've been asking for evidence for weeks now.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 03:33 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;64160 wrote:
dattaswami;64157 wrote:
[

How do you know this?

Regards
DL

He doesn't. He believes it, and his religion tells him it's true, and he accepts it based merely on that.
0 Replies