• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 695 • Replies: 9
No top replies

xexon

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 07:59 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Everything comes from the self, including how much power a belief has over you.

You don't answer to God, you answer to yourself.

You must sit in judgement of your own actions, and you must do so in a manner that offends as few people as possible.

Sometimes silence in these matters is the best path. Too many opinions of right or wrong. It's best kept behind closed doors.

x
Numpty

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 06:47 am
@xexon,
xexon;65050 wrote:

You must sit in judgement of your own actions, and you must do so in a manner that offends as few people as possible.

Sometimes silence in these matters is the best path. Too many opinions of right or wrong. It's best kept behind closed doors.

x

Out doors is fun, quite liberating actually. Doing it like ur ancestors Very Happy
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 04:07 am
@xexon,
xexon;65050 wrote:

x

Hmm.

For evil to grow, all good men need do, is nothing.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 12:41 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Enjoy.

Bible Sex Quiz!

The Bible Sex Quiz | Part II

The Bible Sex Quiz | Part III

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 02:13 am
@Greatest I am cv,

Is this for real?
Grouch

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 02:55 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;65089 wrote:
Is this for real?

Landover Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

no. Though I doubt home boy realizes that.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 04:02 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;65089 wrote:
Is this for real?

You tell me.

I did not create it.

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 04:22 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;65091 wrote:
You tell me.

I did not create it.

Regards
DL

Oops!! Greatest you've been had.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 01:21 am
@Numpty,
The Christians here may want to check out a book called Jesus, the Bible, and Homosexuality: Explode the Myths, Heal the Church by Jack Rogers who is the former Moderator (the highest elected official) in the Presbyterian Church (USA).

Rogers was interviewed for his book:

Q: Why did you write this book?

ROGERS: I wrote this book to help heal the church. For decades the church has been divided over whether to ordain and marry people who are LGBT. It seems to me that the debate highlights different methods of Biblical interpretation. In my book, I show that the proper way to interpret the Bible is through the lens of Jesus' redemptive life and ministry. When we interpret the Bible in this way, we see that we are called, by the Bible, to grant equal rights to people who are LGBT. The church won't be healed until it does the right thing - which is to grant equal rights to people who are LGBT.

Q: In the book, you make some intriguing remarks about the relationship between homophobia and patriarchy. What is this relationship all about?

ROGERS: Women, in ancient, patriarchal cultures were assumed to be inferior to men. Thus, men who did not conform to traditional masculine roles were assumed, like women, to be inferior. Homophobia, the irrational contempt for people who are sexually different, is rooted in sexism, the prejudice that women are inferior to men. In our present culture, the people most opposed to homosexuality (like James Dobson at Focus on the Family) also demand male dominance in marriage, the family, and society.

Q: In the book you also talk about the progress toward LGBT equality in other denominations. What is the state of the broader movement for LGBT equality within the American faith community?

ROGERS: Several denominations already have official policies of full LGBT equality including the Metropolitan Community Churches, the United Church of Christ, and the Unitarian Universalist Association. Several other denominations are making good progress including the Episcopal Church, my own Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America which is very close to a breakthrough, and the Methodist Church which has majority support for LGBT equality here in the U.S. but is still lacking the support of their international brothers and sisters. Finally there are the denominations which are dug in or going backwards - such as the Roman Catholic Church and the Southern Baptist Convention - but even within those denominations there are active advocacy groups working for change. Fifty years ago there were no out LGBT clergy or LGBT advocacy groups in any denomination. Now many denominations have out clergy and all denominations have active LGBT advocacy groups. This is really remarkable progress within a relatively short space of time.
22 of 31 reviewers at Amazon.com gave the book 5 stars.

Regards
DL
0 Replies