• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,101 • Replies: 16
No top replies

piznac

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 03:45 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Very insightful. I think I see what you are asking. I will ponder this.

I'm not sure if the view of perfection is being placed on the right subject. The perfection of the father is different then the perfection of the children. I would say our ability to choose is the greatest perfection. That would be my immediate reaction,.. but I will have to give this further thought.
billcompugeek

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 09:21 pm
@piznac,
In conversation with good spirits, I said that in the Word many
things, even more than one can believe, are said according to appearances and according to the fallacies of the senses, as that Jehovah is in anger,
wrath, and fury against the wicked; that He takes pleasure in bringing
them to ruin and destruction, and even that He kills them.

But these things have been said in order that [man's] persuasions and cupidities might not be broken, but that they might be bent; for to speak otherwise than as man apprehends (that is, from appearances, fallacies, and
persuasions) would have been to sow seed in the waters, and to say that
which would be at once rejected.

Nevertheless such forms of speech are able to serve as general vessels in which spiritual and celestial things may be contained, for into them it may be insinuated that all things are from the Lord; then that the Lord permits, but that evil is wholly from diabolical spirits; afterwards that the Lord provides and
disposes that evils should be turned into goods; and at last that
nothing but good is from the Lord.

Thus the sense of the letter perishes as it ascends and becomes spiritual, then celestial, and at last Divine. Arcana Coelestia n.1874
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 09:02 am
@piznac,
piznac;54077 wrote:
Very insightful. I think I see what you are asking. I will ponder this.

I'm not sure if the view of perfection is being placed on the right subject. The perfection of the father is different then the perfection of the children. I would say our ability to choose is the greatest perfection. That would be my immediate reaction,.. but I will have to give this further thought.

Free will is certanly part of perfection. Trust that God has considered every choice we can make and none of them will destroy His perfect systems.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 09:09 am
@billcompugeek,
billcompugeek;54079 wrote:
In conversation with good spirits, I said that in the Word many
things, even more than one can believe, are said according to appearances and according to the fallacies of the senses, as that Jehovah is in anger,
wrath, and fury against the wicked; that He takes pleasure in bringing
them to ruin and destruction, and even that He kills them.

But these things have been said in order that [man's] persuasions and cupidities might not be broken, but that they might be bent; for to speak otherwise than as man apprehends (that is, from appearances, fallacies, and
persuasions) would have been to sow seed in the waters, and to say that
which would be at once rejected.

Nevertheless such forms of speech are able to serve as general vessels in which spiritual and celestial things may be contained, for into them it may be insinuated that all things are from the Lord; then that the Lord permits, but that evil is wholly from diabolical spirits; afterwards that the Lord provides and
disposes that evils should be turned into goods; and at last that
nothing but good is from the Lord.

Thus the sense of the letter perishes as it ascends and becomes spiritual, then celestial, and at last Divine. Arcana Coelestia n.1874

Whatever you said.

Regards
DL
billcompugeek

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 03:49 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Regarding the Lord God Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord of lords:

"And I have the keys of hell and death, signifies that He alone can save. By "keys" is signified the power of opening and shutting; here the power of opening hell, that man may be brought forth, and of shutting, lest, when he is brought forth, he should enter again. For man is born in evils of all kinds, thus in hell, for evils are hell; he is brought out of it by the Lord, to whom belongs the power of opening it. That by "having the keys of hell and death," is not meant the power of casting into hell, but the power of saving, is because it immediately follows after these words:

Behold, I am alive for ages of ages;

by which is signified that He alone is eternal life (n. 60); and the Lord never casts anyone into hell, but man casts himself. By "keys" is signified the power of opening and shutting, in Revelation also (3:7; 9:1; 20:1; also in Isa. 22:21, 22; in Matt. 16:19; and in Luke 11:52). The power of the Lord is not only over heaven, but also over hell; for hell is kept in order and connection by oppositions against heaven; for which reason, He who rules the one must necessarily rule the other; otherwise man could not be saved; to be saved is to be brought out of hell" (Apocalypse Revealed n. 62).
mako cv

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 12:56 pm
@billcompugeek,
I wonder about the perfection of a deity that, having foreknowledge of the outcome of his creation, still goes through with the creation. Could it be that deity is a sadistic offspring of an unwed mother and does this just so he will have something to torment for all eternity? Doesn't sound very perfect to me! :patriot:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 06:39 pm
@mako cv,
mako;58293 wrote:
I wonder about the perfection of a deity that, having foreknowledge of the outcome of his creation, still goes through with the creation. Could it be that deity is a sadistic offspring of an unwed mother and does this just so he will have something to torment for all eternity? Doesn't sound very perfect to me! :patriot:

If God evolves, and He does,then He would not have foreknowledge.
He likes surprises just like all entities.

Regards
DL
mako cv

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:09 am
@Greatest I am cv,
You intrigue me, so you are predicating a god along the lines of Jove or Odin?:patriot:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:31 am
@mako cv,
mako;58306 wrote:
You intrigue me, so you are predicating a god along the lines of Jove or Odin?:patriot:
0 Replies

marcus cv

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:24 am
@Greatest I am cv,
It doesn't take much observation to realize that we live in imperfect system, and the church believed for centuries that things are getting better. But thanks to the 20 th century we all realized that things don't get better with all its suffering, wars, etc. We may have more toys but that's about it..

When it comes to imperfect and perfect, why God who is perfect would create imperfect system? We don't see the whole picture. If we looked at the painting very closely it would look very inartistic, but stepping couple steps back we can see the design and the intent of the author. (unless it's Modern Art of course Very Happy ) God allowed this world to be imperfect that the perfection will be established once and for all. We being on this imperfect world we see imperfection and question God's intent, but the reality is that thru this imperfection we can know perfection, and we have a desire for perfection. And it will come when the Satan will be eliminated.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:10 pm
@marcus cv,
marcus;58608 wrote:
It doesn't take much observation to realize that we live in imperfect system, and the church believed for centuries that things are getting better. But thanks to the 20 th century we all realized that things don't get better with all its suffering, wars, etc. We may have more toys but that's about it..

When it comes to imperfect and perfect, why God who is perfect would create imperfect system? We don't see the whole picture. If we looked at the painting very closely it would look very inartistic, but stepping couple steps back we can see the design and the intent of the author. (unless it's Modern Art of course Very Happy ) God allowed this world to be imperfect that the perfection will be established once and for all. We being on this imperfect world we see imperfection and question God's intent, but the reality is that thru this imperfection we can know perfection, and we have a desire for perfection. And it will come when the Satan will be eliminated.

If God wanted Satan eliminated, He would have done so in the beginning.
His justice is swift.

Scipture says all of God,s works are perfect.

You seem to believe in scripture. Yet here you speak against them.
Are scripture to be believed?

Please explain your position.

Regards
DL
marcus cv

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 06:03 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;58614 wrote:
If God wanted Satan eliminated, He would have done so in the beginning.
His justice is swift.

Scipture says all of God,s works are perfect.

You seem to believe in scripture. Yet here you speak against them.
Are scripture to be believed?

Please explain your position.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:04 am
@marcus cv,
marcus;58623 wrote:

I have yet to read scripture that says your description of how God understands time. Time flows only in one direction. The beginninig cannot be the end.

As to redemption; If God produces perfect souls and natures for us, what do we need redemption for.

We are not in need of saving. None are ever lost.

Remember as you believe scripture that they show God as a farmer of souls that can only be successfull with 8 out of millions after reeping with a genacidal flood. It shows a farmer who is in the wrong business for sure.

Regards
DL
marcus cv

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 05:40 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:
We are not in need of saving. None are ever lost.

I think we do need a savior because in another post you are questioning God existence based on how imperfect the system is Wink
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 06:38 am
@marcus cv,
marcus;60276 wrote:
I think we do need a savior because in another post you are questioning God existence based on how imperfect the system is Wink

Perhaps you misread.

All that God creates is perfect acording to scripture.

We do need a savior but remember that this savior must be a man. Hopefully one that has had contact with the Godhead.

If you waist for the return of God to save us, it would means that He did not put the right conditions in the first place and must save every individual. We are important to Him but even God would not have the time.

Who will stand before God if He should return and ask Him to redo His imperfect creations.

Not me. I do not have that kind of nerve.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 06:40 am
@Greatest I am cv,
I question the God that some if not most read in scripture. There God is portrayed as a loser who cannot create a perfect man. He did and does as His standard.

Who will sfand before God and tell Him He goofs all the time?
You?

Regards
DL
0 Replies