Does Eve know God more than Adam?

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 08:20 am

Genesis tells us that to know good and evil is to know God.
To be as Gods, knowing good and evil.

Since Eve received the first lesson, does this mean that she learned faster than Adam?

Could this be why today, there are more men studying religion than women?

Men rule the world and make it an ugly place. Would women, because they know more of God than men, do a better job of ruling?

Is it just because we are physically stronger than women, that we rule or is it women that have not exercised their greater wisdom and taken control?

In one sense we are all trained by women, at least when young children. Why do they stop teaching us?
Would it be better if they did not stop or is it a case of them not doing a good job with the young and reaping the ugly result later?

I am rather confused by the whole thing and need enlightenment.

Who is closer to God?
Who should lead?
Who is better suited to lead?
Do men have more to learn and is this why most posters and searchers here are men?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 710 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 10:23 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Throw down, Sword. I said THROW DOWN, Bro.
Numpty

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:30 am
@Pinochet73,
Best ask Adam's first wife Lilith, she will be able to enlighten us. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:43 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;51712 wrote:
Throw down, Sword. I said THROW DOWN, Bro.

You realize this is not him. right?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 04:40 pm
@Reagaknight,
Quote:
who is closer to god, men or women?

A: Women becuase they are always first to scream "Oh, God!"
0 Replies

billcompugeek

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:36 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;51692 wrote:

Genesis tells us that to know good and evil is to know God.
To be as Gods, knowing good and evil.

"And ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5) is what the serpent said, and is a bad representation, because the serpent is self love?

This is also demonstrated by the loss of an innocent state and the fact that Adam and Eve made clothes for themselves. That signifies a loss of the perception of truth from the clear perception of good from the Lord, and the substitution of man's truth and a lower perception where man has only a conscience to guide him as to the good.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:56 am
@billcompugeek,
billcompugeek;53609 wrote:
You do realize that "and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" is what the serpent said, and is a bad representation, because the serpent is self love?

This is also demonstrated by the loss of an innocent state and the fact that Adam and Eve made clothes for themselves. That signifies a loss of the perception of truth from the clear perception of good from the Lord, and the substitution of man's truth and a lower perception where man has only a conscience to guide him as to the good.

How can man be guided to the good when he does not have knowledge of good and evil.
If he knows the good then he must know the evil. They are measurements on the same graph. Can't have one end of a stick without some other end.

As to who said to be as God's, check the end of Genesis 3.

Regards
DL
billcompugeek

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:43 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;53610 wrote:
How can man be guided to the good when he does not have knowledge of good and evil.
If he knows the good then he must know the evil. They are measurements on the same graph. Can't have one end of a stick without some other end.

As to who said to be as God's, check the end of Genesis 3.

Regards
DL

OK - Here is the difference! That was after God made clothes for them.

Genesis 3:21:

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Genesis 3:22

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

The Lord made clothes for Adam and Eve - "coats of skins:" The Lord again introduced Divine Truths to the church, after the church had made their own truths (clothed themselved with fig leaves).

The Lord said "man is become one of us:" The man having clothes from the Lord (instead of from himself) is compared to the Lord and the angels of heaven, thus the plural "us." Man is compared to the angels then, after the truths have been given back to man from the Lord, as man is closer to the angels than close to God, and is compared to the angels.

The Lord says "lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:" Man learns as if on his own now, and cannot return to eating directly from the tree of Life. The clear perception of truth from good (a more direct perception from the Lord) is no longer there, and man must learn truths in conjunction with listening to his conscience, as if on his own, yet from the Lord from scripture and doctrines and preachings and conversations.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 10:09 am
@billcompugeek,
billcompugeek;53612 wrote:
OK - Here is the difference! That was after God made clothes for them.

Genesis 3:21:

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Genesis 3:22

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

The Lord made clothes for Adam and Eve - "coats of skins:" The Lord again introduced Divine Truths to the church, after the church had made their own truths (clothed themselved with fig leaves).

The Lord said "man is become one of us:" The man having clothes from the Lord (instead of from himself) is compared to the Lord and the angels of heaven, thus the plural "us." Man is compared to the angels then, after the truths have been given back to man from the Lord, as man is closer to the angels than close to God, and is compared to the angels.

The Lord says "lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:" Man learns as if on his own now, and cannot return to eating directly from the tree of Life. The clear perception of truth from good (a more direct perception from the Lord) is no longer there, and man must learn truths in conjunction with listening to his conscience, as if on his own, yet from the Lord from scripture and doctrines and preachings and conversations.

Just what is your point. You have lost me.

Regards
DL
0 Replies