• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,031 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 06:35 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;46866 wrote:

Agreed. I would also go so far as to say that satan is doing a far more productive and worthwhile harder job than God. For he is the one that has to punish all the bad people. You know the ones, those who don't believe in God, masterbate and have sex outside of matrimony. While God looks after all the good people. You know the ones, the repentant thiefs, murders and rapists.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:09 am
@Numpty,
Numpty

Thanks but don't lose track of the fact that God does not lose any soul. We are all destined for Heaven, even Satan. God must keep His Perfect record of making Perfect works.

Regards
DL
RED DEVIL cv

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:26 am
@Greatest I am cv,
The faithful, any and all that study to show that they indeed are workmen approved unto God, workmen that needeth not to be ashamed, that rightly divide the word of truth(2Tim2:15), very well KNOW, that 1). all scripture is given by the inspiration of God(2Tim3:16) and 2). an elementary rule of reading and comprehending SCRIPTURE is that God has deliberately included seeming contradictions in the WORD to "snare" the proud, He has hidden things from the supposed "wise" and "prudent" and revealed them to babes (Luke 10:21), purposely choosing foolish things to confound the wise (1Cor1:27).

God has turned the tables on the proud, arrogant, self-righteous man. When he proudly stands outside of the Kingdom of God (the church ), and seeks to justify his sinfulness through evidence he "thinks" discredits the Bible, never knowing nor realizing that God has simply lowered the door of life, so that only those who are prepared to exercise faith, and bow in humility may enter.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 03:27 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;46945 wrote:
Numpty

Thanks but don't lose track of the fact that God does not lose any soul. We are all destined for Heaven, even Satan. God must keep His Perfect record of making Perfect works.

Regards
DL

My post was very much tongue in cheek.

I have no need for Satan or God.

When the both of you realise we are a series of chemical compounds and electrical impulses and there is no chance of an afterlife. You may start living the one you have now as if it is your last day on this planet. Instead of praying to an invisible man in the sky who will some how grant you eternal life in a kingdom.

Satan is no more real than God, Heaven is depicted as ascending to the sky 'heavens' yet where is hell, with the brimstone and sulpher, in the earth?
why would God allow such a disgusting horrible place to stain his 'perfect' creation which is Earth?

Surely a better place would have been the moon.
0 Replies

adam24

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:15 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Well, I think you are an idiot. I understand that you don't actually believe in God or Satan, and that you instead beleive that fairy tale about chemical compounds creating man, (wich by the way, they put together that original mix of chemicals and shocked it with electricity, and I was just shocked to see that it didn't create anything, go figure), but assuming for a moment that they are real, how does anything you said make sense. If God is real, and can do anything, wouldn't that mean he could create a perfect angel named Lucifer, then when that angel rebels against him, couldn't he cast that angel down to earth and make him wicked and hated, while still controlling his every move. Just because God keeps Satan under lock and key, I dont see how that somehow makes Satan anything other than an evil little pawn in God's game.
How is it that Satan is God's number one angel, when he is no longer an angel at all. An angel is a "messenger", I would hardley call Satan a messenger, he is a bringer of death and destruction. Its true that Satan can not do a thing without God's approval, but how does that make him on God's side? No one in existance can do anything unless God allows them to, but trust me, not everyone is on God's side.
By the way, who ever said that its Satans job to punish evil doers? Satan will be punished right along with the rest of the wicked. You do know that Satan does not actually live in Hell don't you? He prowls the earth as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Read the Bible a little before you start rambling on as though you have any idea what you are talking about.

ps, anyone can repent for ANY sin, not just the murderers, but the pervs and druggies too.
Numpty

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 09:49 am
@adam24,
adam24;47393 wrote:
Well, I think you are an idiot. I understand that you don't actually believe in God or Satan, and that you instead beleive that fairy tale about chemical compounds creating man, (wich by the way, they put together that original mix of chemicals and shocked it with electricity, and I was just shocked to see that it didn't create anything, go figure), but assuming for a moment that they are real, how does anything you said make sense. If God is real, and can do anything, wouldn't that mean he could create a perfect angel named Lucifer, then when that angel rebels against him, couldn't he cast that angel down to earth and make him wicked and hated, while still controlling his every move. Just because God keeps Satan under lock and key, I dont see how that somehow makes Satan anything other than an evil little pawn in God's game.
How is it that Satan is God's number one angel, when he is no longer an angel at all. An angel is a "messenger", I would hardley call Satan a messenger, he is a bringer of death and destruction. Its true that Satan can not do a thing without God's approval, but how does that make him on God's side? No one in existance can do anything unless God allows them to, but trust me, not everyone is on God's side.
By the way, who ever said that its Satans job to punish evil doers? Satan will be punished right along with the rest of the wicked. You do know that Satan does not actually live in Hell don't you? He prowls the earth as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Read the Bible a little before you start rambling on as though you have any idea what you are talking about.

ps, anyone can repent for ANY sin, not just the murderers, but the pervs and druggies too.

If he was perfect why did he rebel. If god is omniscient/ omnipotent why did he create a 'perfect' angel that would rebel against him.

I haven't seen too many raoring lions down my local high street of late, when i do i will of course post pictures and be completely converted.

Edit- Missed the bottom P.S. So when you go to the big cloud in the sky you would be more than happy to share said cloud with a person who rapped your wife or molested your children, of course so long as they had repented. Yet, as I have stated before a non believer who sacrifices his/ her life to save say a christian is cast to hell. Are you too as Mr Cambell is, happy with this statement?

Please be a little more respectful and refrain from your adolescent personal attacks, this site is for debating not for cheap shots because you don't agree with someone. When you can do this, you will be most welcome here.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:05 am
@adam24,
adam24;47393 wrote:

You place many words in my mouth that I did not say.
I do believe in an all powerful God and place all including Satan under Him.
If Satan is autonomist then He is the only one that God allows to do whatever he wants. The rest of us must follow.

By the way, punishment is mine says the lord.

Scripture tells us to hate sin and love the sinner. This should include Satan.

No?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 11:44 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Numpty

Satan as shown in Job did not rebel but is doing exactly what God wants.
He is a teaching tool.
Just like the tree of knowledge.
Eat and enjoy the knowledge.

Regards
DL
Numpty

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 12:07 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;49339 wrote:
Numpty

Satan as shown in Job did not rebel but is doing exactly what God wants.
He is a teaching tool.
Just like the tree of knowledge.
Eat and enjoy the knowledge.

Regards
DL

Nah thanks, you are more than welcome to dine from the buffet cart of christianity, pick and choose what is 'true' and what is not.

Keep your religion and the self richeous BS that comes with it. If ur so happy to meet god when you die, why then do you mourn a person that gets to go to heaven, are they not to be revearved and celebrated?
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 03:33 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;47421 wrote:
You place many words in my mouth that I did not say.
I do believe in an all powerful God and place all including Satan under Him.
If Satan is autonomist then He is the only one that God allows to do whatever he wants. The rest of us must follow.

By the way, punishment is mine says the lord.

Scripture tells us to hate sin and love the sinner. This should include Satan.

No?

Regards
DL

Well keep in mind the reason Christian's are asked to love the sinner but hate the sin is because where there is life there is hope. However in the case of Satan there is no hope. This person has no chance to escape the flames of Hell. And he wants you to be burning with him. Satan is the Father of all lies. And Satan will come up with all kinds of ways to deceive people. Satan is not going to punish you, but he can help secure your punishment by fooling you with all kinds of nonsense that leads you away from Christ.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:34 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;46866 wrote:

I recommend it in your case. You seem to be custom-built for it. :bigok:
piznac

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 10:40 am
@Pinochet73,
Numps, Numps , Numps,...

Quote:
why would God allow such a disgusting horrible place to stain his 'perfect' creation which is Earth?

The same can be said of humans,.. and where exactly does it say hell is on earth?

Quote:
If he was perfect why did he rebel. If god is omniscient/ omnipotent why did he create a 'perfect' angel that would rebel against him.

Define perfect?,.. And show me where it says anything is perfect. To be perfect IMO you must have the ying and the yang,. good and bad,. and be capable of both. You must choose one or the other to be good.

Quote:
So when you go to the big cloud in the sky you would be more than happy to share said cloud with a person who rapped your wife or molested your children, of course so long as they had repented.

If you truly love that person,. yes. Numpty we must first learn what Heaven is,. and what rules you will be playing by before you can judge how to treat anyone there.

Quote:
If ur so happy to meet god when you die, why then do you mourn a person that gets to go to heaven, are they not to be revearved and celebrated?

Simply we like anyone else are mourning thier lose ,.. for us! Not them.

Quote:
Nah thanks, you are more than welcome to dine from the buffet cart of christianity, pick and choose what is 'true' and what is not.

There will come a time when we won't half to wade through human garbage to get to our Lord's word,...
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 12:28 pm
@piznac,
piznac

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 07:33 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Well,.. ok. Perfect is in the eye of the beholder. Yes there is only one definition for perfect. but ie What is your idea of the perfect steak? kind of a crude reference but the point should come through.

As far as satan is concerned; i don't think its up to us to judge. We can judge humans by a governing body or as a whole. We should not do so as indivuals. I also feel we should not harbor the feelings of hate. Yes we all get them,.. but we shouldn't harbor such things. Satan's destiny is his own,..
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 08:50 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;50790 wrote:

Fundamentalists will wear you out, dude. They'll use and re-use the Bible to back up the Bible, which of course is illogical, but that's the way they operate. We Catholics love the Bible, but put it in a different context. It's flawed, just as Man is flawed. It's flawed, because Man, with all his flaws, created it, under the inspiration of God. BUT.....it's still beautiful. Man isn't perfect, nor anything he's ever created. Only God is perfect.:thumbup:
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 06:31 am
@piznac,
piznac;50800 wrote:
Well,.. ok. Perfect is in the eye of the beholder. Yes there is only one definition for perfect. but ie What is your idea of the perfect steak? kind of a crude reference but the point should come through.

As far as satan is concerned; i don't think its up to us to judge. We can judge humans by a governing body or as a whole. We should not do so as indivuals. I also feel we should not harbor the feelings of hate. Yes we all get them,.. but we shouldn't harbor such things. Satan's destiny is his own,..

A governing body is made up of individuals so we cannot get away from individual judgments. We are here to judge all, including God Himself. This is why we can say that the non existent flood would be an example of a genocidal maniac at work.

As to Satan, yes he has his own destiny but as a perfect soul like all of us, he too is destined for heaven.
One might say he will have a better place there than we because he works so closely under God.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 06:36 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;50804 wrote:
Fundamentalists will wear you out, dude. They'll use and re-use the Bible to back up the Bible, which of course is illogical, but that's the way they operate. We Catholics love the Bible, but put it in a different context. It's flawed, just as Man is flawed. It's flawed, because Man, with all his flaws, created it, under the inspiration of God. BUT.....it's still beautiful. Man isn't perfect, nor anything he's ever created. Only God is perfect.:thumbup:

The Bible looks flawed because we expect to only read the good part of God within it's scripture and forget that the Antichrist also speaks to us through the same book.

I like to argue fundamentals because others seeing the illogical responses will then realize that they do not really understand scripture and must reach too far to justify their remarks. In other words they make my case for me and others learn by this.

Regards
DL
0 Replies