• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 622 • Replies: 8
No top replies

xexon

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 12:02 am
@Greatest I am cv,
There is no idea of perfection or imperfection except in the eye of the beholder.

That is where judgement takes place.

Do not tear God in half and declare one piece better than the other. Accept the totality of all that is.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 11:32 am
@xexon,
xexon;65200 wrote:
There is no idea of perfection or imperfection except in the eye of the beholder.

That is where judgement takes place.

Do not tear God in half and declare one piece better than the other. Accept the totality of all that is.

x

Is that totality perfect or imperfect?

Regards
DL
xexon

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 01:26 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
I make no such distinctions.

Grew out of it.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 10:30 pm
@xexon,
xexon;65204 wrote:
I make no such distinctions.

Grew out of it.

x

You mean that you have lost the ability to judge. Oh well.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 12:21 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:
My question then is,
Do you see God’s universe as perfection in evolution, or,
Do you see God’s initial perfection gone and replaced by imperfection?

Is God still looking down with a smile as His perfection continues to evolve over never ending time as befits a God of perfect works, or
Is God looking down and saying, oops, what happened to my perfect universe and world. It backslid.

If such a deity does exist, then I can see no perfection in its works. A simple look at the human body, if we follow the hypothesis that it was made as-is with no changes since its inception, shows this for all to see.

Your two questions are insufficient. You ask is its works perfect or are they perfect that went awry. Unfortunately perfection allows for NO room to "go awry"... that would be imperfection built upon imperfection. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that the works, if done by a deity, are imperfect from the start. This does not look good for the omnipresence team. Perfection would not dissolve into imperfection, nor would it be replaced.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 12:28 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;65215 wrote:
If such a deity does exist, then I can see no perfection in its works. A simple look at the human body, if we follow the hypothesis that it was made as-is with no changes since its inception, shows this for all to see.

Your two questions are insufficient. You ask is its works perfect or are they perfect that went awry. Unfortunately perfection allows for NO room to "go awry"... that would be imperfection built upon imperfection. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that the works, if done by a deity, are imperfect from the start. This does not look good for the omnipresence team. Perfection would not dissolve into imperfection, nor would it be replaced.

Fair enough. If we rid ourselves of the notion of a miracle working super dude, then we are left with evolution.

In evolutionary terms then, I still see a perfection in evolution happening all around me.

Do you or would you somehow change evolutions directives and direction?
If yes, what do you see as imperfect and how would you make things better.

Regards
DL
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 12:44 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;65216 wrote:
Fair enough. If we rid ourselves of the notion of a miracle working super dude, then we are left with evolution.

In evolutionary terms then, I still see a perfection in evolution happening all around me.

Do you or would you somehow change evolutions directives and direction?
If yes, what do you see as imperfect and how would you make things better.

Regards
DL

I'd leave it as is. Its imperfection is the single reason it works to begin with. It relies on that imperfection to introduce its change. If reproduction were absolutely perfect, then we'd all be the exact same and life's rhythm would be monotone.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 12:49 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;65218 wrote:
I'd leave it as is. Its imperfection is the single reason it works to begin with. It relies on that imperfection to introduce its change. If reproduction were absolutely perfect, then we'd all be the exact same and life's rhythm would be monotone.

So then you are agreeing that whatever imperfection you see are part of perfection.

The overall system can then be said to be perfect and cannot be improved. Right?

Regards
DL
0 Replies