• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,299 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:04 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Imperfection is what makes us human. Other wise we would be God?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:30 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;33009 wrote:
Imperfection is what makes us human. Other wise we would be God?

If God was Perfect, would He not make Perfect works?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:32 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Define perfect according to his definition. The only one we are capable of using is ours. A fair comparison, not in my opinion.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:35 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;33014 wrote:
Define perfect according to his definition. The only one we are capable of using is ours. A fair comparison, not in my opinion.

If anything, His would be more stringent than ours. I imagine that His standards surpass ours.

Why do you believe in an imperfect God?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 09:18 am
@Greatest I am cv,
I believe he is perfect by my definition. But just because something is perfect is no reason to think it would produce anything perfect as a standard. Humans are my example. I am not saying he is incapable of it, just saying why would he? We as human to accheive perfection detroy and ruin countless applications before we get there. What's Gods learning curve if there is such a thing?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 09:26 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;33040 wrote:
I believe he is perfect by my definition. But just because something is perfect is no reason to think it would produce anything perfect as a standard. Humans are my example. I am not saying he is incapable of it, just saying why would he? We as human to accheive perfection detroy and ruin countless applications before we get there. What's Gods learning curve if there is such a thing?

Think of a baby. We can look at it and see that it is perfectly suited to do what it will have to do as it's Perfection evolves over time. Perfection is not stagnant. It evolves.

There would be little use in creating a Perfect machine called God and then expecting Him to produce imperfection. Do you see God when He is creating souls saying, Perfect, Perfect , Oops, Perfect, Oops, Oops. God does not do Oops.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 09:37 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Producing a perfect machine does not mean it was created to produce perfection.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:46 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;33046 wrote:
Producing a perfect machine does not mean it was created to produce perfection.

If it is as Perfect as God is then He may not have a choice.

Why do you want God to be able to produce imperfection. Why give Him a human characteristic.

What other attribute do you deny Him?
How often does He say oops?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:43 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
For us to attain perfection we need to face adversity. Kind of like tempered steel.

What is wrong with the argument of free agency? As a parent, I created a perfect child at birth. But, that child had to grow up in this earthly world. I could show this child by example and by teaching the way to remain perfect, but as a parent I also realize that my child needs to attain perfection for himself. I cannot force perfection on the child unless I do not want him to grow and develop. I must give him his free agency to grow and develop and become tempered. He then can attain a state of perfection himself through the attonement of Christ.

Here's a thought. Maybe God had to attain perfection himself.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:38 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;33154 wrote:
For us to attain perfection we need to face adversity. Kind of like tempered steel.

What is wrong with the argument of free agency? As a parent, I created a perfect child at birth. But, that child had to grow up in this earthly world. I could show this child by example and by teaching the way to remain perfect, but as a parent I also realize that my child needs to attain perfection for himself. I cannot force perfection on the child unless I do not want him to grow and develop. I must give him his free agency to grow and develop and become tempered. He then can attain a state of perfection himself through the attonement of Christ.

Here's a thought. Maybe God had to attain perfection himself.

Unless all the information that we are is wasted then God and His Perfection must also evolve.

In a Perfect system, all choices are the right one. All must lead to the same reward.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:04 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest,

I guess I just am not following you. Coming to this earth was all part of an eternal plan. We were never promised that we would come down here for a perfect life.

We knew that coming to this earth was for two reasons: to gain a physical body and to "pass a test" so that we could progress on through eternity. If coming to this earth we were promised that we would all be perfect then what would the reason be for coming? We could have all stayed in the pre-existance and remained perfect spiritual beings. Where would the progression been in that?

Again relating back to raising kids: We could keep our child in our home and educate him throughout the years and never let him leave. With this environment he would probably be a smart kid and would never experience anything worldly. Now, we want that child to go out and become a leader of the world. Even though he is perfect, would he have the capacity to do this? Probably not. If we want to progress in eternity we need to face those experiences that will better equip us to do so.
wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:04 am
@Greatest I am cv,
God is the creator of both evil and good.

when this is all over we will not be as children, we will be worthy of spending time with our God.

One cannot know hunger , unless they have been hungry themselves.

One cannot understand illness , if they have never been sick.

One cannot know happiness, until they understand sadness and loss.

One cannot value love till they have seen its opposite hate.

One cannot know goodness, until evil is understood.

When this is all over, all creation will understand that without God we are all lost and evil will take hold.

I know in a world so full of evil, death and sadness it seems like a lesson hard to learn.

But I have faith ,when its all over; we will as the bible says praise the way God has numbered, and ordered our world.

And the good news is evil will not be a problem then, when God takes control of this world again.

God will show us real perfection, love and beauty then.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:14 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;33281 wrote:
Greatest,

I guess I just am not following you. Coming to this earth was all part of an eternal plan. We were never promised that we would come down here for a perfect life.

We knew that coming to this earth was for two reasons: to gain a physical body and to "pass a test" so that we could progress on through eternity. If coming to this earth we were promised that we would all be perfect then what would the reason be for coming? We could have all stayed in the pre-existence and remained perfect spiritual beings. Where would the progression been in that?

Again relating back to raising kids: We could keep our child in our home and educate him throughout the years and never let him leave. With this environment he would probably be a smart kid and would never experience anything worldly. Now, we want that child to go out and become a leader of the world. Even though he is perfect, would he have the capacity to do this? Probably not. If we want to progress in eternity we need to face those experiences that will better equip us to do so.

Agreed. Remember though that God also has an agenda. This does not include loosing souls.

We were told first and foremost to reproduce and learn of good and evil.
We are doing both quite well or God would end a faulty experiment.

As to the child. his future is likely dependant on what he has learned at home.

What comes to mind is a story of a child educated primarily at home to become a genius. She basically did and ended up at IBM. Tour child at home, if properly trained could likely do whatever he was being groomed for.
Aberrant conditioning is a well known fact.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:17 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33282 wrote:
God is the creator of both evil and good.

when this is all over we will not be as children, we will be worthy of spending time with our God.

One cannot know hunger , unless they have been hungry themselves.

One cannot understand illness , if they have never been sick.

One cannot know happiness, until they understand sadness and loss.

One cannot value love till they have seen its opposite hate.

One cannot know goodness, until evil is understood.

When this is all over, all creation will understand that without God we are all lost and evil will take hold.

I know in a world so full of evil, death and sadness it seems like a lesson hard to learn.

But I have faith ,when its all over; we will as the bible says praise the way God has numbered, and ordered our world.

And the good news is evil will not be a problem then, when God takes control of this world again.

God will show us real perfection, love and beauty then.

You wait for God to come and fix a defective environment.

God does not need to fix what He has created Perfect.
If not Perfect then it was not created by God.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:20 am
@Greatest I am cv,
God's not going to fix a defective enviorment. Man has messed up the planet.

God says we will have a new earth. This old earth is toast one day.
westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:22 am
@Greatest I am cv,
I agree that God does have an agenda and losing even one of us isn't in his plan. But, as a loving God he will not force or bend us to his will. He realizes that those who follow willingly will be much stronger beings.

Again, if you have a family and force everyone to attend Church and to read the scriptures you will likely have one personality that will rebel against doing so and that will fall away. Isn't this what happened in the pre-exisistance? Lucifer was a strong willed personality that rebelled when he didn't get his way. If one who lived with God could fall away then why do you not think that we who live in this world with a veil drawn across our memory would be perfect and not fall away when faced with strong temptations?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:22 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33290 wrote:
God's not going to fix a defective enviorment. Man has messed up the planet.

God says we will have a new earth. This old earth is toast one day.

Man does not have the power to screw up God's Perfect reality.
We and the planet are exactly in the realm of Perfection that God decrees.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:26 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;33291 wrote:
I agree that God does have an agenda and losing even one of us isn't in his plan. But, as a loving God he will not force or bend us to his will. He realizes that those who follow willingly will be much stronger beings.

Again, if you have a family and force everyone to attend Church and to read the scriptures you will likely have one personality that will rebel against doing so and that will fall away. Isn't this what happened in the pre-exisistance? Lucifer was a strong willed personality that rebelled when he didn't get his way. If one who lived with God could fall away then why do you not think that we who live in this world with a veil drawn across our memory would be perfect and not fall away when faced with strong temptations?

God creates all Perfect, even Satan. He like all of us has a nature that God gave us to follow. Satan is doing the work of God.
I do not read the Bible literally and see the name Satan as just a name that means bad ideas and notions. Angels are good ideas and notions. There are no talking snakes in God's reality.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:29 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatist,

Think of yourself as a sculptor. You create the perfect globe in clay. You set this sculpture out for all to enjoy. The weather begins to errode the clay a little at a time. People come along and touch your masterpiece and you see signs of wear where they had touched it. They even take a knife to chip a piece of clay for a souvenir. One day someone comes along and pushes it over and part of it gets broken. You look with sadness because you created the perfect piece and life has added imperfections to it. Isn't that like this world? But on the other hand this piece now has character and proven it can withstand much adversity!