Is Satan God's Loyal opposition.

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 04:19 am
Is Satan God's Loyal opposition.

Satan's early history.

Satan: Early history

In a dictatorship, a loyal opposition is not wanted or needed.
Rules are decrees from the top down.
With a dictatorship, the penalty for descent is somewhat like God's gift of free will. That is, do as I say or burn forever in hell for any and all infractions. Small or large.

In a democracy a loyal opposition is required.
Rules are arrived at by consensus and debate.
Rules, when broken, have a sliding scale of consequences. The larger the infraction the larger the penalty.

Is God a dictator whose free choice is not really a choice at all,
or
is God a democratic leader who gives a meaningful free choice with Satan speaking for mankind in early history.

Satan today is demonized. That was not always so.
A historic look at the talking snake for instance will show that before the Bible, it was considered a sign or representation of wisdom.

Did the early Church demonize Satan to blame him for evil instead of questioning why God should be blamed for evil?

Was Satan's first position one of Loyal opposition, assigned the task of making sure that Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil that gave them a moral sense?
If not, then why did God bring Satan with Him to Eden instead of sending him straight to hell?

Your thoughts please.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 535 • Replies: 2
No top replies

xexon

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:22 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
It's all symbolism. Symbolism allows the mind to grasp a concept it would otherwise be unable to get a purchase on.

A stop sign works well in english, but if you come from Botswana, you may plow right through. A symbol of a person, stopped, is universal, no matter the language you speak.

Satan is the human mind, like it or not. That is the ultimate truth of the matter. But you have to realize it for yourself as it can never be transmitted as anything other than a concept. Concepts... are what it eats to make decisions with. It tends to be auto-erotic in that way. Self stimulating in idle mode. Meditation makes it sit still.

The mind, Satan, tears this reality here in half and judges each half to determine worth. Duality is the software your mind runs. It divides and weights things as a process. "Judgement" comes from an acculmulation of weighed evidence and a pre determined break point for it's display.

That input can really be tampered with. You can make people dance like a pied piper if you understand that one thing.

Islam is a hive society that's a billion strong. Christians have equal numbers but not the tight discipline in the ranks as Islam does.

Both of these groups are dancing to a tune that people like me don't hear.

My personal Satan works for me now. Smile

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 02:22 am
@xexon,
xexon;65587 wrote:
It's all symbolism. Symbolism allows the mind to grasp a concept it would otherwise be unable to get a purchase on.

A stop sign works well in english, but if you come from Botswana, you may plow right through. A symbol of a person, stopped, is universal, no matter the language you speak.

Satan is the human mind, like it or not. That is the ultimate truth of the matter. But you have to realize it for yourself as it can never be transmitted as anything other than a concept. Concepts... are what it eats to make decisions with. It tends to be auto-erotic in that way. Self stimulating in idle mode. Meditation makes it sit still.

The mind, Satan, tears this reality here in half and judges each half to determine worth. Duality is the software your mind runs. It divides and weights things as a process. "Judgement" comes from an acculmulation of weighed evidence and a pre determined break point for it's display.

That input can really be tampered with. You can make people dance like a pied piper if you understand that one thing.

Islam is a hive society that's a billion strong. Christians have equal numbers but not the tight discipline in the ranks as Islam does.

Both of these groups are dancing to a tune that people like me don't hear.

My personal Satan works for me now. Smile

x

I like your take but believers won't.

They are silly to believe in the nonsense they do anyway.

Regards
DL
0 Replies