Greedy Bankers/wankers

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:47 am
Capitilism is great aint it :thumbdown: all these chairmen/directors will still be rich bastards with their big houses after all the chaos they have caused,i would love to see these people lose their homes and their savings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,539 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Numpty

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 04:31 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;60394 wrote:
Capitilism is great aint it :thumbdown: all these chairmen/directors will still be rich bastards with their big houses after all the chaos they have caused,i would love to see these people lose their homes and their savings.

As I have said before, people need to take responsibility for their own actions, no dobt the Bankers/ Wankers take a portion of the blame, but so must those that over streched themselves, no-one was moaning at the bankers when all the money was being handed out.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 05:16 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;60397 wrote:
As I have said before, people need to take responsibility for their own actions, no dobt the Bankers/ Wankers take a portion of the blame, but so must those that over streched themselves, no-one was moaning at the bankers when all the money was being handed out.

But these people are not responsible for f*cking up the world's economy,its the people at the top the pull the strings,they are to blame for this mess.
Numpty

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 05:23 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;60398 wrote:
But these people are not responsible for f*cking up the world's economy,its the people at the top the pull the strings,they are to blame for this mess.

Really? so we had it good for 10 years,..non stop growth and prosperity. On the back of people taking more and more credit. I'm sorry but if you gonna borrow, be prepared to pay it back and afford it. The bankers should not have lent so much and the public have to take their responsibility for not showing restraint. You cant blame it all on the bankers they are the easy targets. If you cant pay don't play. The collective greed of people f*cked the ecconomy, same as in 1929.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 05:39 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;60399 wrote:
Really? so we had it good for 10 years,..non stop growth and prosperity. On the back of people taking more and more credit. I'm sorry but if you gonna borrow, be prepared to pay it back and afford it. The bankers should not have lent so much and the public have to take their responsibility for not showing restraint. You cant blame it all on the bankers they are the easy targets. If you cant pay don't play. The collective greed of people f*cked the ecconomy, same as in 1929.

Part of me wants to say F*ck them,its obcene that the banks were allowed to churn out billions of dollars of profit for their shareholders and dish out massive bonuses for their workers for the last few decades without ensuring that they had enough hard cash in the bank to cover them if their investments went wrong.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:15 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Where's an ally when you need one?
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 08:26 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
I say the government shouldn't get involved. Deregulation and all that. Let a free market do what it does... keep Uncle Sam off the backs of the market!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 08:57 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
One more instance where i agree with you Sabz.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 08:48 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60441 wrote:
One more instance where i agree with you Sabz.

Here's the problem... we damn near MUST bail these greedy and corrupt bastards out, because if we don't they will take the entire American economy with them. It's a no-win situation for the taxpayer that we simply can't abstain from.

The reason all this mess has happened is the rampant deregulation that has been going on for the past decade. The walls put in place to prevent this from happening were torn down year after year with the HOPES that it will make the market more efficient and with the HOPES that the execs and bigwigs wouldn't take advantage of the relaxed rules.

Turns out they were both wrong. Now, each and every one of us... you AND me, are now out almost three thousand dollars. Three grand isn't much to these fatcats, but for me that's twice the value of my car... that's two and a half month's rent... that's money I really can't afford to cough up.

And it's money I shouldn't have to cough up, but GOD DAMNIT, if I don't it's going to be worse... Rock, meet Hard Place.

There is no single word that can describe how infuriated I am. Actually, there is: Obama. I cannot, in sound mind, vote for a man who for the past two decades pushed the legislation that broke down the regulatory walls which put us in this situation that we are ALL currently facing.

I know we need this bailout, I know that is what is best for America. However I will stand against it as my way of saying "YOU WERE WRONG." Part of me wants to get this over with... just get the painful part done so we can all move on, and part of me wants to see this whole thing burn just so that America as a whole learns a valuable lesson in the difference in how things *SHOULD* work, and how they *DO* work. I want to serve these bastards who put us here piles of crow as tall as the eye can see.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 09:50 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Wow!!
Quote:
There is no single word that can describe how infuriated I am. Actually, there is: Obama. I cannot, in sound mind, vote for a man who for the past two decades pushed the legislation that broke down the regulatory walls which put us in this situation that we are ALL currently facing.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 10:19 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60480 wrote:
Wow!!

I'm not referring to Barack Obama in reference to where I am aiming my discord. For over twenty years, John McCain has pushed deregulation over and over, and now we are seeing the result of said deregulation.

This is yet another reason why I am voting FOR Obama.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 09:55 am
@scooby-doo cv,
YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis I care not what mc cain does, i dislike the rino almost as much as Hussein.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:58 am
@Drnaline,
YouTube - How to lose a TRILLION Dollars
0 Replies