relgion in amercian politics

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 10:23 am
Why is it such a big deal in US politics,its like the candidates have to show how good a christian they are,especially the republicans,who are competing for the religous right brigade :eek:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 924 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:02 am
@scooby-doo cv,
You answered your own question.

They're fighting over bible thumpers.

Look at their religion. They go where they're told, do what they do, and do not ask questions. So if they hear "Vote for XXXXXXXX", they're gonna do it and not ask one question or divert from that path one bit.

Some people call them dedicated. I call 'em lemmings.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 11:15 am
@Sabz5150,
"Atheists are America's least trusted group, according to a national survey conducted by University sociology researchers."

-http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2006/03/24/67686

if you're gonna run for president being untrusted can kill a campaign faster than any mudslinging can accomplish!
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:27 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48684 wrote:
"Atheists are America's least trusted group, according to a national survey conducted by University sociology researchers."

-http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2006/03/24/67686

if you're gonna run for president being untrusted can kill a campaign faster than any mudslinging can accomplish!

Cause we's goin to hell! Nobody wants a heathen in the big seat.
Emiliana

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 07:31 am
@Sabz5150,
It's because Christians have a great pr campaign and have convinced everyone that they have the monopoly on morality.

It's not true. Very Happy
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 08:23 pm
@Emiliana,
Emiliana;48833 wrote:
It's because Christians have a great pr campaign and have convinced everyone that they have the monopoly on morality.

It's not true. Very Happy

i find that funny considering atheists only account for 1.2% of prision inmates when we account for 9-11% of the total population.....or maybe atheists are just good at not getting caught !?? :dunno:
Emiliana

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 08:28 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48888 wrote:
i find that funny considering atheists only account for 1.2% of prision inmates when we account for 9-11% of the total population.....or maybe atheists are just good at not getting caught !?? :dunno:

You find what funny?

Were you agreeing or disagreeing? I was being facetious. Laughing
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 08:32 pm
@Emiliana,
Emiliana;48892 wrote:
You find what funny?

that christians think they are so moral when atheists are 9 times less likely to go to prison than an christian is.

Quote:
Were you agreeing or disagreeing? I was being facetious. Laughing

yes, i was agreeing, and yes, i know you were being facetious.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:20 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48653 wrote:
Why is it such a big deal in US politics,its like the candidates have to show how good a christian they are,especially the republicans,who are competing for the religous right brigade :eek:

It's important because the backbone of the Republican party is made up of Christians. And Christians look for a man that supports their values. And when we see that person, we vote for him. Most Born Again Christians vote Republican because we believe the life of the unborn child should be protected. When a bill came to President Clintons desk to stop late term abortions he refused to sign it. When that same bill came to President Bush's desk, he did sign it. And now late term abortions is considered a crime against humanity. The democratic party does not care about the unborn, so they have lost most of the Christian vote. Actually, the Democrats donot understand yet, but they really have aborted away their voteing block. I believe it is going to be very hard for a Democrat to ever reach the white house again.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:21 am
@scooby-doo cv,
i hate it and think it should be outlawed from the debates.

whatever happened to seperation of church and state?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 10:40 am
@briansol,
briansol;48918 wrote:
i hate it and think it should be outlawed from the debates.

whatever happened to seperation of church and state?

:thumbup: totally agree,im fed up with those trying to prove who is the best christian for the job.
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 09:35 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48888 wrote:
No, it's when they get caught, they find Jesus, LOL.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 09:47 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;48967 wrote:
No, it's when they get caught, they find Jesus, LOL.

jesus lives in jail, cuz that's where everyone finds him.
mako cv

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 01:11 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
jesus lives in jail, cuz that's where everyone finds him.

Having worked as a Correctional Supervisor, I can verify that. The majority of convicts (offenders is the proper name now) find either Jesus, YHWH or Allah during their incarceration, only to misplace him within 15 minutes of being released...at least that is what the 87% return rate seems to say! :patriot:
0 Replies