A friend of mines little boy was talking to me about God

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 10:00 am
he was asking questions about my beliefs (FTR when I am talking to a little kid, I do not denounce one thing to another. I tell them what my belief is, but never WHy I DONT believe in something else, they have enough people telling them WHO to be, I am not needed for that, I was given the thumbs up to answer by his mother first)

He asked me if I was worried I was going to hell, and I said "No, for two reasons, One I dont think there is a hell, and two if I am wrong I have done nothing to warrant hell, if there is a god, i doubt this being would cast me with child molesters, and murderers, simply because I do not believe in him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,506 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:47 pm
@rugonnacry,
How old was the boy?
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 06:36 pm
@rugonnacry,
11 (5 charecters)
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 06:41 pm
@rugonnacry,
11 is a little young for mortality questions. You think some one was trying to scare him? What's you opinion of/if after life?
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 06:45 pm
@rugonnacry,
Any kid who has been to sunday school is bombarded with mortality. ANd any kid with a christian parent, has most likely been told when you die you go to heaven.

My opinion of the after life sounds a little starwarsish. I take the chaos theory as my personal belief. I believe the enitreity of all existence is derived from the same energy... Rather than explaining it (poorly I am sure) read a brief sunap. of chaos theory and quantum physics. Or just watch the docu. "What the BLEEP do we know"
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 07:27 pm
@rugonnacry,
I know of the "chaos theory" and some of quantum physics.
Quote:
I believe the enitreity of all existence is derived from the same energy...
Meaning a finite source? i. e. Big Bang?
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 05:54 pm
@rugonnacry,
Not so much big bang, as we and everything are all a CONNECTED energy
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:00 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;24414 wrote:
he was asking questions about my beliefs (FTR when I am talking to a little kid, I do not denounce one thing to another. I tell them what my belief is, but never WHy I DONT believe in something else, they have enough people telling them WHO to be, I am not needed for that, I was given the thumbs up to answer by his mother first)

He asked me if I was worried I was going to hell, and I said "No, for two reasons, One I dont think there is a hell, and two if I am wrong I have done nothing to warrant hell, if there is a god, i doubt this being would cast me with child molesters, and murderers, simply because I do not believe in him.

Of course people who deny the Scriptures usually know little about them, and form their opinon based on their own imagination. And then when confronted with proof of the Scriptures use their same imagination to explain away that truth. Back in 1973 I had a 6 month encounter with two demons from that place and I can tell you, they believed in Hell. And the Bible which first told us the details about Hell has also so told us that everyone is headed there unless they accept Gods Sons sacrifice, which few do.
Truth Re-Minder

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:32 pm
@rugonnacry,
It is sad that children (much less anyone) are and have been exposed to the erronous notion of hell as it is taught by many of the world's religion's primarily Fundamentalist Christianity and Islam. I firmly believe such teachings and fear tactacs used to brain-wash the minds of these children to be nothing short of child abuse, and should be illegal as soon as possible. As a victim of religous abuse, the teaching of a (literal hell and original sin) I would not wish such exposure on anyone especially young minds who cannot yet think for themselves, and whose self-esteem and identity are wrapped up in what there parents and elders teach them.

Such abusive methods are proof of the awful cult-like nature of fundamentalist relgions, and actually contradict the real massage of love the religion's founder taught. Hell is NOT real as it often pictured in the Bible. It simply cannot exist, as it opposes spiritual reality. The real hell is a metaphor for being seperated from God, through poor choices or sin, ( the original meaning of sin is simply 'to error' in greek) Natural consequces are all that is needed to correct ones way's. The notion of a punishing God is absurd and blaspemous, and reflects the ancient and medieval projections of man creating God in his own image, such as Zeus from whom Jehovah is derived.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:32 am
@rugonnacry,
Quote:
The notion of a punishing God is absurd and blaspemous,
blaspemous to whom?
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 12:46 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;27188 wrote:
Of course people who deny the Scriptures usually know little about them, and form their opinon based on their own imagination. And then when confronted with proof of the Scriptures use their same imagination to explain away that truth. Back in 1973 I had a 6 month encounter with two demons from that place and I can tell you, they believed in Hell. And the Bible which first told us the details about Hell has also so told us that everyone is headed there unless they accept Gods Sons sacrifice, which few do.

I would be willing to bet MORE agnostics have read the bible than self proclaimed Christians.

Even if I am wrong, I assure you I am one of those who HAVE read it MULTIPLE times. as both a fundamentalist Christian AND an agnostic.

I was very Christian, and very much argumentative the way I am no AGAINST the bible and its god, then I did what many have done I started thinking for myself and started questioning the hypocrisies in the bible. and then and evolved to down right IMPOSSIBILITY of god.
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 12:47 pm
@Truth Re-Minder,
[QUOTE='Truth' Re-Minder;27189]It is sad that children (much less anyone) are and have been exposed to the erronous notion of hell as it is taught by many of the world's religion's primarily Fundamentalist Christianity and Islam. I firmly believe such teachings and fear tactacs used to brain-wash the minds of these children to be nothing short of child abuse, and should be illegal as soon as possible. As a victim of religous abuse, the teaching of a (literal hell and original sin) I would not wish such exposure on anyone especially young minds who cannot yet think for themselves, and whose self-esteem and identity are wrapped up in what there parents and elders teach them.

Such abusive methods are proof of the awful cult-like nature of fundamentalist relgions, and actually contradict the real massage of love the religion's founder taught. Hell is NOT real as it often pictured in the Bible. It simply cannot exist, as it opposes spiritual reality. The real hell is a metaphor for being seperated from God, through poor choices or sin, ( the original meaning of sin is simply 'to error' in greek) Natural consequces are all that is needed to correct ones way's. The notion of a punishing God is absurd and blaspemous, and reflects the ancient and medieval projections of man creating God in his own image, such as Zeus from whom Jehovah is derived.[/QUOTE]

I truly hope you stick around this Forumn for awhile.
0 Replies

Truth Re-Minder

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:38 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;27194 wrote:
blaspemous to whom?

To the 'real' God. I know how that sounds, but if blaspemy exists it has been usually practiced by those who accuse others of it, namely those who impose their beliefs on everybody else. Perhaps it was reactionary of me to use that terminolgy but sometimes it can help put things in perspective. Reading the Bible three times, asking Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you of your sins, and going to church every sunday is no shield against fallacy. I know played that game for many years, and many years ago.
Truth Re-Minder

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:50 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;27232 wrote:
I would be willing to bet MORE agnostics have read the bible than self proclaimed Christians.

Even if I am wrong, I assure you I am one of those who HAVE read it MULTIPLE times. as both a fundamentalist Christian AND an agnostic.

I was very Christian, and very much argumentative the way I am no AGAINST the bible and its god, then I did what many have done I started thinking for myself and started questioning the hypocrisies in the bible. and then and evolved to down right IMPOSSIBILITY of god.

Thats true, even though I don't know what I am exactly, but I can certainly relate to what your saying. As a fundamentalist youth minister I researched the history of the scriptures and was led by God/dess to read the rest of the Bible that was repressed. It was the Gospel of Mary Magdelene that spoke to me most, as many of the insights Jesus tought in that lost Gospel I had experienced on my own. I have found that the quest for truth led directly away from the fundamentalist veiw of my upbringing, and required a bit of courage to override the fear of damnation.

But If we are to afraid to critically question what we beleive then it all the more likely to be false.

As far as the God question, we can debate that here or somewhere else. I would say nothing is impossible. especially when one considers the possibilty of alternate realities. Why I may have to bite much of what I say if that is true.

Quote:
I truly hope you stick around this Forumn for awhile.

Thank you maybe I will. Its always interesting to hear from a fellow 'Apostate'. Thats what they called me the last time a went to church.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:06 am
@rugonnacry,
More and more people have read tho Gospel of Mary and the Gospel of (Judas) Thomas since the Da Vinci Code came out (Only good thing to come from that horrific movie LOL)
\
If you like those kind of Books I suggest the Gospel according to Judas (Isacariot). Will put Judas in a completely different lightl.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 08:27 am
@Truth Re-Minder,
[QUOTE='Truth' Re-Minder;27189]It is sad that children (much less anyone) are and have been exposed to the erronous notion of hell as it is taught by many of the world's religion's primarily Fundamentalist Christianity and Islam. I firmly believe such teachings and fear tactacs used to brain-wash the minds of these children to be nothing short of child abuse, and should be illegal as soon as possible. As a victim of religous abuse, the teaching of a (literal hell and original sin) I would not wish such exposure on anyone especially young minds who cannot yet think for themselves, and whose self-esteem and identity are wrapped up in what there parents and elders teach them.

Such abusive methods are proof of the awful cult-like nature of fundamentalist relgions, and actually contradict the real massage of love the religion's founder taught. Hell is NOT real as it often pictured in the Bible. It simply cannot exist, as it opposes spiritual reality. The real hell is a metaphor for being seperated from God, through poor choices or sin, ( the original meaning of sin is simply 'to error' in greek) Natural consequces are all that is needed to correct ones way's. The notion of a punishing God is absurd and blaspemous, and reflects the ancient and medieval projections of man creating God in his own image, such as Zeus from whom Jehovah is derived.[/QUOTE]

Erronous notions of Hell?

I can tell you today, I have had encounters from beings who came from Hell, and their hatred of Gods creation comes in only second to their hatred of Christ. The supernatural is often revealed when you truly do something in your life that tips the balances in the spirit world. Live a life which ignores the Bible and its truth, and chances are evil will allow you to find comfort in your ignorance. Yet challenge evil by proclaiming the gospel of Christ, and you will see that evil and Hell are not erronous at all. The Bible tells us that demons and Hell are real. I have never seen Hell, yet I have experienced demons. If the Bible was right on the existance of demons who have expressed their fear of Hell to me, than I have no problem believeing the Bible is correct on the existance of Hell. If demons are but a projection of mans own imagination, how is it that this projection has the ability to move objects, speak, and attack others?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 08:54 am
@Truth Re-Minder,
[QUOTE='Truth' Re-Minder;27286]To the 'real' God. I know how that sounds, but if blaspemy exists it has been usually practiced by those who accuse others of it, namely those who impose their beliefs on everybody else. Perhaps it was reactionary of me to use that terminolgy but sometimes it can help put things in perspective. Reading the Bible three times, asking Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you of your sins, and going to church every sunday is no shield against fallacy. I know played that game for many years, and many years ago.[/QUOTE]To me reading those words, talking of hell metaphorically indicated you didn't believe there to be a real "hell", if there is no hell then probably there no heaven which would lead to no God. If there was no God who is there to blaspheme. Thanks for clearing that up.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:21 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;27232 wrote:

Thinking for yourself ?

Well when the Bible proclaims to be the only road map to heaven, you some how felt that you could use your earthly mind to find a better way.
Maybe thats the reason the Bible tells us to lean not unto our own understand but in all ways acknowledge God.
Now I did not try to reason the merits of the Bible as much as I tried to follow what God told us to do. Jesus said, "if you seek me with all your heart, and with all your mind, and with all your soul you will surly find Him." That was the approach I took. And I got to tell you. JESUS CHRIST is ALIVE.
You don't get like me unless God found a way to prove Himself. And He did. Over the years and in many supernatural ways, Jesus has proven Himself to me. I did not use my human understanding to figure out the merits of the Bible. I went right to the source. If it were not so serious it would funny, God is real you just have to ask Him to show Himself to you, and trust that He will. I could tell you story after story of Gods power that I have seen. I have seen with my own eyes the power of God and the power of darkness. And I can assure you, both are very real, and both are competing for your soul.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:34 am
@rugonnacry,
Blind Faith is not for me no matter what the POSSIBLE rewards are.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:29 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;27330 wrote:
Blind Faith is not for me no matter what the POSSIBLE rewards are.

Thats why I am a Christian today. Because it was Jesus who said if we seek Him we will find Him. I did what He asked, and He was faithful to His promise. If you really know God, you are not operating on blind faith.