Gospels and Books NOT included in the bible

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 06:20 pm
I want to read ALL of them, please add to the list and a link, books or gospels not included in the bible.

So far I have

The gospel according to Mary (magdeline)
The Gospel According to Thomas
The gospel according to judas (WHo i thought was Thomas)
The gospel of Phillip
The gospel of the Egyptians
the Gospel of truth

The Book of Enoch

This is not here to deabte the validity of the books, if you want that debate create a thread, I will gladly participate, this is just for a LIST. thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,215 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:57 am
@rugonnacry,
That's impossible, there are hundreds and many no longer exist.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:39 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;20920 wrote:
That's impossible, there are hundreds and many no longer exist.

So give me ONE.
0 Replies

chico

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 09:34 pm
@rugonnacry,
Rugonnacry,

There will be books/gospels that will come out that iare contrary to the Bible. Paul has warned us of those false gospels. Gal 1.8-9 states 'BUT EVEN IF WE OR AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN SHOULD PREACH TO YOU A GOSPEL CONTRARY TO THAT WHICH WE PREACHED TO YOU, LET HIM BE ACCURSED. 9 - AS WE HAVE SAID BEFORE SO NOW I SAY AGAIN, IF ANYONE IS PREACHING TO YOU A GOSPEL CONTRARY TO THAT WHICH YOU RECEIVED, LET HIM BE ACCURSED'.

Those books/gospels maybe existing but I believe they are contrary to the Bible.... Do not believe in that gospels.....
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 06:49 pm
@chico,
chico;21264 wrote:
Rugonnacry,

There will be books/gospels that will come out that iare contrary to the Bible. Paul has warned us of those false gospels. Gal 1.8-9 states 'BUT EVEN IF WE OR AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN SHOULD PREACH TO YOU A GOSPEL CONTRARY TO THAT WHICH WE PREACHED TO YOU, LET HIM BE ACCURSED. 9 - AS WE HAVE SAID BEFORE SO NOW I SAY AGAIN, IF ANYONE IS PREACHING TO YOU A GOSPEL CONTRARY TO THAT WHICH YOU RECEIVED, LET HIM BE ACCURSED'.

Those books/gospels maybe existing but I believe they are contrary to the Bible.... Do not believe in that gospels.....

This is not a thread debating which gospels are real and which are not... This thread was not intended for ANY kind of debate.

I asked for an Gospel or book (aside from the ones I mentioned) nothing more... I would appreciate you debating another thread this one is not welcome.

Thank you..

Back to topic.
0 Replies

chico

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 07:01 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry,

I believe you do not believe in the Bible and then why and what are your purposes in reading those false gospels/books? To discredit the Bible? Understand first the Bible before reading them..... Brotherly advise......
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 09:00 pm
@chico,
chico;21706 wrote:
rugonnacry,

I believe you do not believe in the Bible and then why and what are your purposes in reading those false gospels/books? To discredit the Bible? Understand first the Bible before reading them..... Brotherly advise......

I have read the bible, and I understand the truth in it. A guide of answers to quwstins that at the time could not be answered.

Telling me names of thes other books is not preaching.
chico

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 10:06 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;21716 wrote:
I have read the bible, and I understand the truth in it. A guide of answers to quwstins that at the time could not be answered.

Telling me names of thes other books is not preaching.

If you understood the Bible then why you need other books? The Bible can answer your questions.... I believe you are not Christian and does not understand yet the Bible..... Those false books/gospels will only create confusion on your study.....
One Man Clan

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 10:52 pm
@chico,
chico;21720 wrote:
If you understood the Bible then why you need other books? The Bible can answer your questions.... I believe you are not Christian and does not understand yet the Bible..... Those false books/gospels will only create confusion on your study.....

ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong

Done yet?

He stated clearly at the beginning of the thread that this debate has nothing to do with the validity of the books, and that's it's ENTIRELY for learning what those books are.
chico

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 11:37 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;21721 wrote:
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong
ping
pong

Done yet?

He stated clearly at the beginning of the thread that this debate has nothing to do with the validity of the books, and that's it's ENTIRELY for learning what those books are.

You do not get my point... My point is this... If he understood the Bible, then the Bible will answer all his questions and not resort to gather books/gospels not in the Bible.... rugonnacry stated that 'I HAVE READ THE BIBLE AND I UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH IN IT. A GUIDE OF ANSWER TO (QUWSTINS) QUESTIONS THAT AT THE TIME COULD NOT BE ANSWERED'.... If he seeks an answer then research the Bible not gather those false gospels/books. It will just add more confusions and more questions rather than answers... The Bible will answer all his questions.....JUST A BROTHERLY ADVISE.....
One Man Clan

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:41 am
@chico,
chico;21724 wrote:
You do not get my point... My point is this... If he understood the Bible, then the Bible will answer all his questions and not resort to gather books/gospels not in the Bible.... rugonnacry stated that 'I HAVE READ THE BIBLE AND I UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH IN IT. A GUIDE OF ANSWER TO (QUWSTINS) QUESTIONS THAT AT THE TIME COULD NOT BE ANSWERED'.... If he seeks an answer then research the Bible not gather those false gospels/books. It will just add more confusions and more questions rather than answers... The Bible will answer all his questions.....JUST A BROTHERLY ADVISE.....

You do not get my point... my point is this.

He doesn't care.

He stated clearly this thread is simply to find the names of those books, not to debate their validity or anything else.
chico

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 06:25 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;21769 wrote:
You do not get my point... my point is this.

He doesn't care.

He stated clearly this thread is simply to find the names of those books, not to debate their validity or anything else.

He doesn't care... That is very dangerous....
couchp

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 02:53 pm
@rugonnacry,
Remember Paul discovered christianity on the road to Damascus, 'conveniently' And he played a big part in setting up the church.
As for the other gospels, can you actually get copies of some of them?
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:14 pm
@chico,
chico;21720 wrote:

They would only create confusion, if I believed the bible was holy and divine.

thanks for hijacking this thread into a debate.
rugonnacry

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:15 pm
@chico,
chico;21918 wrote:
He doesn't care... That is very dangerous....

The danger of me not caring is a perfect topic for ANOTHER thread.
0 Replies

chico

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:35 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;22191 wrote:
They would only create confusion, if I believed the bible was holy and divine.

thanks for hijacking this thread into a debate.

So the truth came out, you do not believe the Bible... So what is the importance of bringing out those false gospels? To give confusion to us Christians? This thread is not debatable as you said but this has double intent. Sorry but I just want to protect my faith to those people who do not respect our Bible... Closed... No more reply to any kind of remarks..... Thank you...
rugonnacry

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:37 pm
@chico,
chico;22200 wrote:
So the truth came out, you do not believe the Bible... So what is the importance of bringing out those false gospels? To give confusion to us Christians? This thread is not debatable as you said but this has double intent. Sorry but I just want to protect my faith to those people who do not respect our Bible... Closed... No more reply to any kind of remarks..... Thank you...

I never wanted your reply to begin with.

Sorry it took so long for you to come around.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:55 pm
@rugonnacry,
Back To Topic. Anyone?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:02 pm
@rugonnacry,
1 Esdras
2 Esdras
Additions to Esther
1 Macabees
2 Macabees
Tobias
Judith
Wisdom
Sirach
Baruch
Epistle of Jeremiah
Susanna
Prayer of Azariah
Prayer of Manasseh
Bel and the Dragon
Laodiceans

This is the Apocrypha, you can read it here...

The Apocrypha Index

And Chico, not everyone wants to remain ignorant.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:36 pm
@rugonnacry,
How about Acts 3

The topic of Biblical canon is very interesting to me as the Bible itself from what we know of it through archeology is very troubling.

The earliest Gospel of Jesus is Mark and it's dated to 125CE, almost 100 years after the Crucifixion. This tells you that (if it is from 125CE, and it was) it could not have been written by Mark as he was a grown man by 30CE. Even if it was his oral tradition first scribed in 125CE only 40-60% of the original story would have remained by the standards of accuracy in oral tradition at that time (as per a man with a PHD in Biblical Studies interviewed by Lee Strobel). The interesting thing about the 125CE version of mark is that it stops at chapter 18, it doesn't tell of a resurrection. Only later, after the other gospels are discovered (between 150-170CE) do we find a copy of this gospel which tells of a resurrection.

acts 3 was written around 175CE, and is very much in the same style

as with anything else in life always question those who caution you against free thought.
0 Replies